Assange Wins Appeal Against US Extradition Order: Legal Battle Continues

13 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

And the farce continues. Just let Julian go. He has suffered enough just for exposing the dirty deeds of the US government and their dirty war. 

This is just comical. The court grants him the right to file an appeal. So back to Belmarsh and pickle there for the next couple of years, while the "justice" is being administered. This issue should have been resolved within a year of Julian being picked up from the Ecuadorian embassy.

Any reason why they keep him in a high security prison? Is he such a dangerous "criminal"?

He was at one point given Bail.

He did a runner.

He’s been locked up in prison because and only because he skipped bail.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He was at one point given Bail.

He did a runner.

He’s been locked up in prison because and only because he skipped bail.

Yeah, I get you. Skipping bail for no offence get's you locked up in a high security prison together with terrorists, rapists, murderers, serial killer and such. Oh, sweet justice!!!

Is everybody who skips bail locked up in Belmarsh?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet the OP on which this thread is based is an example of the courts following due process independent of Government or indeed the CIA.

So maybe, and you should perhaps consider this, the factual reality of Assange’s access to due process and his rights under he law is at odds with the things for which ‘you have no doubt in your mind’.

And you know this how? 

"The wheels of justice grind slowly. But even if it takes 50 years, we guarantee you'll get justice". 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Yeah, I get you. Skipping bail for no offence get's you locked up in a high security prison together with terrorists, rapists, murderers, serial killer and such. Oh, sweet justice!!!

Is everybody who skips bail locked up in Belmarsh?

Skipping bail is in and of itself a crime.

No amount of conspiracy nonsense will detract from that fact.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I’ve got facts and reality on my side.

Refer above.

How sad to live in a one-dimensional reality where your opinions are the only correct ones and everyone else's are worthless.

But keep on posting your BS, we'll just ignore you.

• Sad 1

Refer above.

How sad to live in a one-dimensional reality where your opinions are the only correct ones and everyone else's are worthless.

• Sad 1

Refer above.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer above.

• Like 1

Sad news. I hope Assange loses this case and is extradited to the USA, where he can stand trial for espionage.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Sad news. I hope Assange loses this case and is extradited to the USA, where he can stand trial for espionage.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Skipping bail is in and of itself a crime.

No amount of conspiracy nonsense will detract from that fact.

You didn't answer my question. So skipping bail is a crime on par with terrorism or premeditated murder? OK, next time let's erect the gallows for all those bail runners. Even if they run the bail for minor crimes, or as was the case of Julian, a request for an interview by the Swedish DA.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, impulse said:

He was never going to Sweden to face the sex assault charges.  He would have been extradited to the USA.

He must have a few October surprises 

left in his bag of Washington  Establishment exposure!

God Speed

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

That would be fair enough, if cheney, bush & blair also stood trial for crimes against humanity :coffee1:

Why stop there .

Edited by riclag

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roquefort said:

So are you arguing that skipping bail is not in and of itself a crime?

Or that Assange didn’t skip bail?

Or that Assange has not been afforded due process under the law?

Up with your facts to prove any of the above wrong (or as you claim BS).

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

You didn't answer my question. So skipping bail is a crime on par with terrorism or premeditated murder? OK, next time let's erect the gallows for all those bail runners. Even if they run the bail for minor crimes, or as was the case of Julian, a request for an interview by the Swedish DA.

Assange is not accused of a minor crime, he’s accused of espionage and he’s a demonstrated flight risk.

Assange is not facing the death penalty.

Your histrionics over ‘gallows’ are noted.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It is just a shame that we are no longer allowed to use the Gallows for traitors like him!

Well I don’t agree with the death penalty on the grounds that it is an irreversible penalty delivered by a fallible justice system.

That aside, as he’s not an American and therefore isn’t a traitor(to the US) , but he almost certainly is an agent of a foreign power (Russia) and there is definitely cause for him to face trial for his part in the same crimes that Chelsea Manning was found guilty of and served time for.

He’s also demonstrably a sniveling coward, though that’s only one of his character flaws and is not a crime. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange is not accused of a minor crime, he’s accused of espionage and he’s a demonstrated flight risk.

Assange is not facing the death penalty.

Your histrionics over ‘gallows’ are noted.

He's not an American citizen. Are you implying that American jurisdiction now rules the world? And you don't know what possible verdict there would be. Death penalty is one of them, but 200 years jail term in a maximum security prison is much similar. Personally, I would chose death....

One of his objections to the extradition is that as he is not a US citizen, he would not be afforded the same legal rights. Also, do people staying in a normal prison just get up and flee? Haven't heard that yet. You are obviously a former law enforcer or even a legal person, with an undeniable trust in the legal system. C'mon CH, take the red pill and face the reality. 

And, as an aside, I think that everybody should watch that helicopter footage before making up their mind. Undeniably disgusting, and just showing the arrogance of our new Master Race. They and their Commander in Chief should be on trial, not getting medals.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

but he almost certainly is an agent of a foreign power (Russia)

Ah, what a lot of BS, talk about conspiracy theories. I suppose just like all our hero Snowden. Russian agent too, huh?

Do you wear a (commie red) MAGA hat too?

On the other hand, we could sacrifice Steven Seagull, nobody will miss him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That aside, as he’s not an American and therefore isn’t a traitor(to the US) ,

He did not just leak info about the US but about many nations including the UK and Australia over many years!

He was charged in 1994 with 31 counts of crimes related to hacking. 

In December 1996, facing a theoretical sentence of 290 years in prison, he struck a plea deal and pleaded guilty to 24 hacking charges including breaches of the Crimes Act, and fraudulent use of a telecommunications network!

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

as he’s not an American and therefore isn’t a traitor(to the US)

Being a traitor does not always link to your country!

traitor 
n    noun a person who betrays their country, a cause, a person, etc. 

ORIGIN
    Middle English: from Old French traitour, from Latin traditor, from tradere 'hand over'.

From The Oxford English Dictionary

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Tug said:

country's have secrets for reasons

Especially if they want to hide war crimes. As the US surely needs to, looking at their constant war-mongering all over the planet.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

One of his objections to the extradition is that as he is not a US citizen, he would not be afforded the same legal rights.

An argument only someone ignorant of the U.S. Constitution, or deliberately ignoring it, could make.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

An argument only al someone ignorant of the U.S. Constitution, or deliberately ignoring it, could make.

That is, in fact, the argument the US prosecutor makes.

26 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Being a traitor does not always link to your country!

traitor 
n    noun a person who betrays their country, a cause, a person, etc. 

ORIGIN
    Middle English: from Old French traitour, from Latin traditor, from tradere 'hand over'.

From The Oxford English Dictionary

Put your Oxford Dictionary aside for a moment and chew on this:

18 U.S.C. § 2381 says, “Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or imprisoned and fined, and incapable of holding any U.S. office.”