Russian Driver Collides with Motorbike, Leaving One Dead

webfact

Romasco? What kind of "Russian" name is that?! In Russian passports the last name comes first, so, probably his last name is Romashko. In that, we follow the Asian style of writing the names... Anyway, another drunk Russian... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chongalulu said:

And this Russian driver differs from so very many Thai drivers in this respect how exactly? 

The thread is about a farangy on a farangy forum.......🙄

You can always start your own thread, but it has been done to death, no pun intended...........🤔

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

How about the 3rd victim Somsak he'll be getting the ambulance bill and most likely the hospital costs. Never phone the emergency services in Thailand if you have no direct involvement 

Ridiculous statement.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

A drunk Russian? Who would have thought such a thing. Well, the Thai government rolled out the red carpet for the Russians. Do you think that they might be having buyers remorse now?

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Aleksey75 said:

Romasco? What kind of "Russian" name is that?! In Russian passports the last name comes first, so, probably his last name is Romashko.

Yes, correct. This is a very common Ukrainian family name. Is he a Russian with the Ukrainian passport? Or is he a Ukrainian with the Russian passport?

• Confused 1

At least the police responded to this accident, unlike the British lady killed in the hit & run in Kamala Phuket a couple of weeks back where the cops couldn't be bothered. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

"The investigation is ongoing, and further updates will be provided as more 

information becomes available". Dream on, you`ll not hear no more of this,

as usual in Thai news.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

How about the 3rd victim Somsak he'll be getting the ambulance bill and most likely the hospital costs. Never phone the emergency services in Thailand if you have no direct involvement 

Really?

Have you personal experience of paying someone else's bill or are you repeating a bar stool myth?

I have called and dealt with Thai police, ambulance and fire service a few times, for incidents not involving myself and not once was it even suggested that I would be considered liable to pay anything.

In Pattaya you can use either the 191 emergency number or 1337 then 9 (for English) call centre.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, watchcat said:

Tragic, but as one of the riders didn't make it, you drunkard have a great opportunity to inspect the prison from inside.

Actually, if it's like the case from November of the drunk sleeping at the wheel Russian driver who killed an American and a European, there will not be a day of jail time but instead a modest (several thousand dollar) payment of compensation.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that nothing was done about it?

I know firsthand nothing happened to the driver.  She has to pay a few thousand bucks compensation to each family.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:
56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that nothing was done about it?

I know firsthand nothing happened to the driver.  She has to pay a few thousand bucks compensation to each family.

The you know, first hand, that something actually was done about it, then!   Compensation in lieu of charges is common under the law here.

"I know firsthand..."

I take it that, if you know first hand, you must have been the Russian driver involved.  Why did you have to pay them "a few thousand dollars", weren't the victims Thais?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, John Drake said:

No. Died because a drunk hit her from behind.

Yes fully agree, they would be alive if the drunk driver had not hit them, there are no excuses for that.

I have seen the full video from the scene, will not post as not that pleasant, but it does look like they were not wearing helmets, as none at the scene and both casualties had suffered some head injuries, but also multiple other injuries. I very much doubt that the standard cheap Thai helmet would have prevented most of the injuries.

2 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The you know first hand that something actually was done about it, then!   Compensation in lieu of charges is common under the law here.

"I know firsthand..."

I take it that, if you know first hand, you must have been the Russian driver involved.

Expand  

Uh, nope.  I was at the hearing.

Where was the  "hearing" to determine the compensation held?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was the  "hearing" to determine the compensation held?

In the "courthouse" in "Phuket."

Edit:  Quotations marks added to mirror Lou's implication that I'm lying.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
clarity
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, they are not, and no, they cannot be charged as such.

Maybe the law now according to you, but if so the law should be changed to make it murder if you kill someone whilst unfit to drive for any reason!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, they are not, and no, they cannot be charged as such.

Maybe the law now according to you, but if so the law should be changed to make it murder if you kill someone whilst unfit to drive for any reason!

It is not "according to me", it is the law.  Maybe in your mind  what you suggest should be the case, but it is not in any legal system.  Causing death in that manner is not "murder", as premeditation, which would be required, can never be proven.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

The best thing would be to ban all Russians.

Dirtbags!

I'm no lover of Russians but that's a totally racist comment.  Drink driving is unfortunately, not limited to any nationality and I doubt there's any evidence to state that Russians are any more likely to drink-drive than any other nationality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, watchcat said:

Tragic, but as one of the riders didn't make it, you drunkard have a great opportunity to inspect the prison from inside.

Hm,...That is, If he can't buy his way out !?? .. T.I.T.

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Accident scene pictures shows the bike appears to have been wanting to turn right at the traffic lights, into South Pattaya Road, or make a u turn, before being struck from behind.

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2850.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

souped up bike..lowered..loud exhaust..can't see any front or rear lights or license plate..maybe the driver didn't see him until too late, not that that is any excuse..but maybe a contributing factor to the collision.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Accident scene pictures shows the bike appears to have been wanting to turn right at the traffic lights, into South Pattaya Road, or make a u turn, before being struck from behind.

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2850.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

souped up bike..lowered..loud exhaust..can't see any front or rear lights or license plate..maybe the driver didn't see him until too late, not that that is any excuse..but maybe a contributing factor to the collision.