Medical Certificate

Simple question: Does anyone know if the immigration office in Phuket town require a medical certificate for the second annual extension of an 'O' visa based on supporting a Thai wife. Several years ago I know they only needed it for the first extension....

I'm about to start the dreaded process of copying everything, so maybe I can save what's left of the rainforest (and my back) by lightening the stack of paper by a few sheets? :o

geoffphuket

Just did my second extension and didn't need a medical certificate. A tip is to turn up at 8:30 am, when they open, and get fast and relatively friendly service, :o

Great, thanks very much. That's what I wanted to hear....I tried turning up at 8.30am last year; It didn't work. Me, my wife, and our baby were still there at 4.00pm! mainly because they wouldn't accept our Thai wedding certificate as proof of marriage - they needed a certified copy of the original documents from the amphur office where the marriage was registered....crazy or what!

There has never been a medical certificate required for spouse/family extension of stay - only the retirement extension had that requirement.

Hi Lopburi3.....What you say is almost certainly true, but tell it to the officers at Phuket immigration. I was asked for it last year....and 10 years ago with my first Thai wife. :o

I also got told different things than the official rules when trying to get the "O"-visa in Phuket last autumn/this winter. Was told to get proof of recidence from my home country for the both of us,a proof from my embassy that we still are married....and that I don`t have any criminal record back home !!

The "funny" thing was when I asked about the rules regarding proof of income,I got the reply "...no problem,not so important " :o !! The most frustrating thing about the whole process is that there is a total lack of concistency regarding the rules,when I read them here on TV or on other MB`s it seems straightforward,but when you (politely and well dressed) enters the immigration office you get different answers for each time !!

They didn`t require a med certificate in Phuket,but in december I went up to Laos for a visa,and the very helpfull immigration-officer at Nong Khai said I needed one there if I was goona get the "O"-visa.

This thread is about "supporting Thai wife" extension of stay. Requirements for that category do not include a medical or criminal records check. You appear to be talking about a retirement extension of stay "proof of recidence from my home country for the both of us".

This thread is about "supporting Thai wife" extension of stay. Requirements for that category do not include a medical or criminal records check. You appear to be talking about a retirement extension of stay "proof of recidence from my home country for the both of us".

Sorry if I was unclear about this.My reason for getting the visa is in fact based on my 10-year marriage with my THAI wife,married in LOS !! That`s the reason for the confusion on my behalf...even after reading and understanding the rules and bringing the required documents,the immigration office(s) in Phuket keeps telling me the things as I stated in my post above :o !!

Hey all;

Just applied for my one year extension based on the fact i have a thai child here in Phuket

I have had 5 years of retirement extrensions but couldn't come up with the 800,000 for 3 months

for the new child extension

over 50

500,000 in the bank 3 months

her Birth certifcate

her Taam Bien Baan

my divorce paper showing i have sole custody, (not sure what u need to show if your married)

Pics

Got the 1 month extension as unlike the retirement extension all others need go thru Bangkok

took less than an hour :-)

Edited by phuketrichard

Hey all;

Just applied for my one year extension based on the fact i have a thai child here in Phuket

I have had 5 years of retirement extrensions but couldn't come up with the 800,000 for 3 months

over 50

her Birth certifcate

her Taam Bien Baan

my divorce paper showing i have sole custody, (not sure what u need to show if your married)

Pics

Got the 1 month extension as unlike the retirement extension all others need go thru Bangkok

I think you will find that you do not need any money in the bank for that extension as you are over 50.

Hey all;

over 50

her Birth certifcate

her Taam Bien Baan

Pics

I think you will find that you do not need any money in the bank for that extension as you are over 50.

Yea I know that BUT as i have said, each immigration is a law unto itself.

I took the sunbelt version of the law/the thai version as well 4 months in advance. they looked at it and smiled

They told me 500,000 so 500,000 it is. Otherwise at least for Phuket. forget applying.

I still have not heard from ANYONE that has applied for this extension except without Sunbelts help which is 6,500 Plus airfares/hotels/taxi's etc.

Hey all;

over 50

her Birth certifcate

her Taam Bien Baan

Pics

Yea I know that BUT as i have said, each immigration is a law unto itself.

I took the sunbelt version of the law/the thai version as well 4 months in advance. they looked at it and smiled

They told me 500,000 so 500,000 it is. Otherwise at least for Phuket. forget applying.

I still have not heard from ANYONE that has applied for this extension except without Sunbelts help which is 6,500 Plus airfares/hotels/taxi's etc.

You are right but there has been the odd one.

The law is the law and it should not matter where you apply.