Adventures In Thailand - Surat

DamianMavis

Dang

i've never heard that word before , is it hardboiled hardman heavyduty kickboxer type slang ?

Whats the problem Taxie ?

No no it's cool, it's kind of cowboy swear words from way back. Like dagnabbit, dangit. I use it because this forum censors D A M N for some crazy reason heh so I use swear words that are just a little older than the ones they censor here. Actually I would use it anyway, I like lots of sayings and slang from all over.

Damian

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good story Damian. Everyone should get a chance to kick a mugger in the head. Sadly it just won’t happen. This is the value behind stories like this, for a moment at least, we were there.

This post was also very successful in bringing out the insecure thread jackals that have nothing to contribute but flatulence. This too is entertaining in a discovery channel sort of way.

If you made a blog, I am sure it would be a good one; and heavily attacked as well.

Have a box of timbits on me Hose-head.

Not quite sure what "smacks of skimming"" means is this one of these weird Canadian sayings Like ""ot n about.""

Any how blackbeard was on TV last night Hallmak channel was this the same one as filmed in Thailand.?? thought you might know.....

Ya that was the one. I was the red bearded guy.

Ot n about.... any Canadians know what that means? I never heard that one.

Damian

I think he was trying to write 'out and about" but we aren't supposed to criticize the English competency of TV posters, so I would just let it go.

Ot n about.... any Canadians know what that means? I never heard that one.

Damian

I think he was trying to write 'out and about" but we aren't supposed to criticize the English competency of TV posters, so I would just let it go.

Apparently Canadians often say "oot 'n' aboot". Sounds like Delmar and Cecil after a few quarts,eh.

Dang

i've never heard that word before , is it hardboiled hardman heavyduty kickboxer type slang ?

Nah, Tax, think it's the standard spelling of Thai's named Red, so maybe DM's getting more culturally assimilated than we realized after the 2 year hiatus between having his literary turn and sharing the story with the riff-raff on TV.

And whoever, mentioned that name "Rachel Ward" set off some pleasant memories of the one highlight programme we loved to hate for it's dire acting and Hollywood does Outback Oz for the masses. Once heard that the ranch shots featuring kangaroos was shot in California and the poor overfed beasts had to be prodded to make them hop for the camera to give it a bit of authenticity.

• 1 month later...
Any how blackbeard was on TV last night Hallmak channel was this the same one as filmed in Thailand.?? thought you might know.....

"Blackbeard" is on again tomorrow! :o - Hallmark 3:00 pm.

10p.jpg

Blackbeard_wide.jpg

http://th.hallmarkchannel.tv/programme.asp...mp;from=WhatsOn

Do you need a publicist, Damian? :D

post-46650-1189791459_thumb.jpg

Ya uh, sure! Need all the help I can get heh. That's my character with the red beard.

You can see Don (from the story) in that Thai thaiboxing movie out in theatres right now. Think its called Chaiya or something along those lines, he plays Diamond, the falang badguy thai boxer.

Damian

Edited by DamianMavis

Ya uh, sure! Need all the help I can get heh. That's my character with the red beard.

Well, that was fun! :D Just saw Blackbeard part one - looks like you had a lot of fun making that film! Glad to see you got your name on the end of the credits. :o

Are you in part 2?

Richard Chamberlain looks old now -

WireImage_1204345.jpg

Not the dashing Dr. Kildare any more -

drkildare.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk

Ya I think so! Did my head explode yet?! Just joking.... my head doesn't explode unfortunately.... that would be nice. Ya Richard Chamberlain is old, but he's still "the man"... even if he's gay, he's still a pimp! Half the women in the world were hot for that guy back in the day.

Damian

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. Tried to find you but did not notice you .

If I am honest I thought it was not such a good movie .

The guy who played Blackbeard himself was clearly the only A -actor , maybe that's why

it turned out to be a bit so so . ( Mr Chamberlain looked very awkward)

Perhaps we are all spoiled with Pirates of the Caribbean ............Anyway I am not bashing you

or whatever , I think it is great you are one of those few who do get a chance to play in a movie ,

great stuff Damian.

What a great thread, I loved reading every minute of it.

Maybe I need to get out more :D

Damian, post what ever you like as long as it abides by forum rules but I'm not sure where you ever got the idea forum's where friendly :D

sounds like an ego trip to me :o

Tijnebijn, ya the movie sucked. Most movies do......at least in my opinion heh. I'm always disappointed.... Maybe they edited me out for the TV version?! I'm the guy who tries to kidnap the heroine from the carriage on the jungle road (and almost gets shot in the face for his trouble) and then finally kidnaps her later from the store with the character "Hands". Maybe I'm in the movie a whole whopping 30 seconds.... beats Tom Yum Koong which has me in at 3 seconds!

Udonroy, I've posted on lots of forums for years... trust me when I say Thaivisa.com has more insulting jerks than ANY other forum I've seen. Thailand only attracts the top notch personalities that function normally back home and get along with everyone else right? heh Took me a while to figure that out but now I understand.

Lazeeboy, ya guess it's an ego trip. I wonder what the world would be like if nobody shared any of thier experiences whether good or bad?

Damian

good story. I might have given the punk a solid kick to the testes.

However, as I'm sure you know, Thais fight dirty, and have no qualms about ganging up and/or using much more force than required. In other words; if they lose face, they'll sooner grab an iron bar to smash someone's head in - rather than shout profanities or give him a punch in the gut. Same goes for guns, so even a group of buffed martial arts experts might want to think twice before knocking around some Thai toughies. But if you think twice, it might be too late, so I admire you and your friend's quick action in that scenario.

Of course man, thats why after he kicked the guy in the head we RAN FOR OUR LIVES haha. Of course I was laughing the whole time I was running but I behave strange under pressure heh. Seriously, we had no illusions, and in less than 5 minutes we saw them rounding up a posse to hunt us down, we got out just in time.

Damian