West Riding County Council pension fund

Many years ago I worked for this entity, which no longer exists. I still wonder if they have a pension fund in my name, but various attempts to contact various organisations have come up with 'no record'. Does anybody have a suggestion as to where I might apply? 

Thanks.

17 hours ago, cooked said:

Many years ago I worked for this entity, which no longer exists. I still wonder if they have a pension fund in my name, but various attempts to contact various organisations have come up with 'no record'. Does anybody have a suggestion as to where I might apply? 

Thanks.

There is a pension tracing service on gov.uk website. Here is an excerpt from the website.

"Use this service to find contact details to search for a lost pension.

You can find contact details for:

your own workplace or personal pension scheme
someone else’s scheme if you have their permission
This service will not tell you whether you have a pension, or what its value is.

You need the name of an employer or a pension provider to use this service."

https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

21 hours ago, cooked said:

Thanks.

How many years membership in the scheme? ...possibly less than 2?

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

How many years membership in the scheme? ...possibly less than 2?

Oh dear, dunno. About two years I guess, maybe three...

2 hours ago, cooked said:

Oh dear, dunno. About two years I guess, maybe three...

You may have had a refund of your contributions and therefore no accrued service.

Whilst this rule is not applied in recent times for public sector schemes, historically it may have been.

13 hours ago, noobexpat said:

You may have had a refund of your contributions and therefore no accrued service.

Whilst this rule is not applied in recent times for public sector schemes, historically it may have been.

Thanks! I did receive a response from WYPFE at last, confirming that I had received refund of my contributions as I was emigrating. Sounds right.

• Thumbs Up 1