Hooked: Foreigner makes waves, takes a dip in fish spa (video)

Hot day maybe he wanted to cool down,someone with a camera  was they to film it.Last night at spicy saw a agruement between farangs young lady and man she was not happy.I saw someone filming from across the moat,so whatever happens they could be someone there to video it.It was 1 min of something different then i moved on lost interest

And Thailand like other asean countries used to put foreigners on the pedestal.

not anymore. Everyday there is some video of foreigner’s antics that degrade that notion bit by bit . What happens to those quality tourists who came to immerse in Thai culture leaving them in a better condition than before they came.

Maybe air tickets should rise to a level where not everybody Tom dick and harry can travel on the cheap bringing their disgusting habits along. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

“When a foreigner comes to Chiang Mai.

Mmm, and Thais never get up to any shenanigans...??? It's ALWAYS those damn foreigners! 

Well it was a foreigner.  If it was a Thai they wouldn't have said it was a foreigner.

Get over yourself.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Well it was a foreigner.  If it was a Thai they wouldn't have said it was a foreigner.

Get over yourself.

Think you missed the point! Btw, I'm over myself! 😉

• Haha 1

Why is when people come to Thailand for a vacation they become nut jobs and stupid $%&$ for views on online platforms 

It totally reflects badly on to us foreigners that are trying to make a life with our families  and follow the laws and go about our lives as normal people. 

It is become never ending the things that people are doing and think that it ok in Thailand, I can imagine that they would never do this in their own countries, in fear of being arrested and fined   

Why is it when people come to Thailand for a vacation they become nut jobs and stupid $%&$ for views on online platforms 

It totally reflects badly on to us foreigners that are trying to make a life with our families  and follow the laws and go about our lives as normal people. 

It is become never ending the things that people are doing and think that it ok in Thailand, I can imagine that they would never do this in their own countries, in fear of being arrested and fined   

Why is it when people come to Thailand for a vacation they become nut jobs and do stupid $%&$ for views on online platforms 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A foreign man captured the attention of Thai netizens after a viral video on the TikTok application showed him dipping his head into a fish tank foot spa to cool off on a hot day in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

A Thai man shared the video on his TikTok account, @dai.yin.see.tatto, yesterday, May 27, with the caption, “When a foreigner comes to Chiang Mai.” The video gained over 1,400 views and numerous comments before being deleted.

The video depicted the foreign man immersing his head in a fish tank typically used for foot pedicures and also known as fish spa. A Thai police officer was seen pulling the man out of the thank and questioning his action making him aware the tank was intended for feet, not heads

The video sparked a flood of humorous comments from Thai netizens including…

“This can cure acne and treat large facial pores.”

“Fish spa for the head! Why not?”

“Maybe I’m wrong. Not feet, but head.”

“He might feel itchy on his head.”

“Police should not intervene in the process. He was relaxing!”

“He was talking with the fish!”

“Could not imagine how many feet dipped in the tank before.”

Some netizens speculated that the man might have been too drunk to control himself, while others suggested he was simply too hot to care about the water’s cleanliness.

Fish spas are popular among both locals and foreign tourists in Thailand. People dip their feet into the tanks and allow the fish to nibble away dead skin, purportedly resulting in smoother skin. However, many other countries banned it due to health risks and animal cruelty concerns.

Health risks include the potential for bacteria and germs to enter the human body through the fish, especially for those with foot wounds. Additionally, the tanks can become a breeding ground for germs after multiple people use them.

Animal rights activists also point out that the tanks are not suitable habitats for Garra rufa fish, also known as doctor fish, and that dead skin is not their natural food source. The fish are starving, so they have had to eat dead skin to survive.

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo by TikTok/ @dai.yin.see.tatto via Channel 8

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-29

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Dirty Barsteward!!