Gambler’s feud ends in deadly shooting in Nakhon Si Thammarat

tsvetoslav-hristov-SczjKy3vAQ-unsplash.jpg

A gambler’s bitter feud ended in murder yesterday when a 44 year old man was shot dead by his wife’s estranged husband in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand. The police quickly apprehended the suspect, who confessed to the crime.

The tragic incident occurred at a residence in Moo 16, Bang Khan Subdistrict, Bang Khan District. The local police, led by Police Captain Chakrit Taewattana, received the report and rushed to the scene with a team of investigators, forensic officers, a hospital doctor, and foundation staff.

Upon arrival, police discovered the lifeless body of 44 year old Thawatchai, a native of Phatthalung Province. Thawatchai had been shot multiple times in the head and torso with a 9mm firearm. Nearby, a .38 calibre gun was found on the ground, which was secured as evidence. The victim’s wife, who was present at the scene, was found in a state of shock and was subsequently taken aside for questioning.

Police investigations revealed that Thawatchai was a well-known gambler who frequented gambling dens in both Phatthalung and Nakhon Si Thammarat provinces. He had been living in the house with his wife when the assailant, identified as 44 year old Monchai Mueangkai, and from Phatthalung, burst in and opened fire without hesitation. Despite Thawatchai possessing a firearm, he did not return fire.

Pol. Capt. Chakrit explained that Monchai was the estranged husband of Thawatchai’s wife. Despite not being officially separated, Monchai’s wife had left him to live with Thawatchai at the house where the shooting occurred. Driven by rage upon discovering their whereabouts, Monchai tracked them down and carried out the deadly attack.

Shortly after the shooting, police launched a manhunt and swiftly apprehended Monchai, who was still in possession of the 9mm handgun used in the murder. He was charged with premeditated murder and violations of the Firearms Act.

During interrogation, Monchai admitted to the charges, stating that he was driven by anger and jealousy after learning that Thawatchai had taken his wife and was living with her, reported KhaoSod.

“I was furious that he took my wife and lived with her. I tracked them down and shot him.”

Following his confession, Monchai was handed over to the investigating officers for further legal proceedings.

By Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Tsvetoslav Hristov, Unsplash

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-29

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

"During interrogation, Monchai admitted to the charges, stating that he was driven by anger and jealousy after learning that Thawatchai had taken his wife and was living with her, reported KhaoSod.

“I was furious that he took my wife and lived with her. I tracked them down and shot him.”"

So what has it to do with gambling?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Oh the Thai male ego... I can't have so nobody else can have. 

Rot in prison you idiot

Well, at least he won't know who's having her now !

On 5/29/2024 at 6:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

Despite Thawatchai possessing a firearm, he did not return fire.

On 5/29/2024 at 6:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

identified as 44 year old Monchai Mueangkai, and from Phatthalung, burst in and opened fire without hesitation.

Bit hard to gab your gun and return fire, when you have been shot multiple times.

Glad to hear gun control is going well then. 

On 5/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, steven100 said:

murderer ... die in jail.

Nah TIT he has pleaded guilty so a 50% discount on a 20-25yr sentence, out in 10yrs max more likely. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 1:30 PM, FritsSikkink said:

"During interrogation, Monchai admitted to the charges, stating that he was driven by anger and jealousy after learning that Thawatchai had taken his wife and was living with her, reported KhaoSod.

“I was furious that he took my wife and lived with her. I tracked them down and shot him.”"

So what has it to do with gambling?

Shacking up with another man's wife in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1