5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

I have heard that If you stay in Thailand for more than 180 days in a year, it seems that they are planning to change the law to impose taxes on the amount of money earned outside of Thailand, even if you do not send it to Thailand.  

https://www.infoquest.co.th/2024/427464

If I register my employment or business with DTV, won’t it be problem later?

Edited by asia123

5 hours ago, RedReding said:

I've got one question : does the Thai Embassy in Vientiane accept Thai Baht as payment for the DTV or does it need to be USD ?

Its ok with Thai barts. I saw someone paid with it. 

• Like 2

Australian here going through the Canberra Embassy.

I lodged my DTV application yesterday and put down my arrival in BKK randomly as 25/10 as I have my next hospital outpatient appointment slip for 1/11.

I don't actually plan on getting there until 22/11 but I figured I already had the appointment slip date.

I'm basically saying on the application that 2 weeks from the date of my application is my requested departure.

From what I've been reading, these applications are being processed fairly quickly in around 7-10 days or so (depending if more docs are requested).

More than likely my date won't ruin my application would it?

I'm fairly confident they won't reject my application. I have a full letter of recommendation from the Bangkok Hospital for 5 years of continuous treatment from when I did an in-person outpatient appointment last month so I should easily qualify.

Evidence of funds wise I've got a 'Proof of Balance' statement from my NAB bank account. It isn't an actual 3 month statement that has a transaction history but it does have the letter head, account details, my address, current available balance and date generated.

Those I think are the main things I'd need to be concerned about right? Everything else was just basic self-explanatory eg. uploading a recent photo and giving flight/accom details.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tautomerica said:

There have been some questions raised previously in this thread about whether immigration officers would do any additional checks upon subsequent entries after the initial DTV entry. From my own experience the answer so far is "no". I entered BKK airport on the DTV for a second time yesterday and the IO just smiled and stamped my passport, no questions asked. I'm on the digital nomad flavour of DTV, so can't speak to what might happen in the case of e.g. a 5 year visa based on a medical appointment.

Does the IO at the airport know what flavor of DTV you are on?