Switching from ThaiElite Visa to Non-Immigrant B with Workpermit for Employment.

Dear AN members,

Anyone some experience in the process of switching from ThaiElite visa to Non-Immigrant B and workpermit for employment?

What's the process like and is it required to leave the country first and apply for the Non-Immigrant B visa at Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad, before re-entering Thailand with Non-B and applying Workpermit (WP)?

What happens with the old ThaiElite visa sticker in your passport? Will it be cancelled or remain active at the background while being on Non-B? It's strange, because you will have 2 valid visas in your passport. Will there be a chance that this creates confusion with the immigration officials? 

Thanks in advance for sharing some of your experiences. Only serious answers and comments please. 

Take care, 

Ook

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ook said:

Only serious answers and comments please. 

Your previous posts relate to non O retirement and also other visas options. 

So you currently have a PE visa?

When did you obtain the PE visa? 

Why not ask that company for support advice. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not ask that company for support advice. 

As a member of Thailand Elite, they have failed me on two separate occasions to provide me with accurate visa information / advice under situations with which they are not familiar with on a daily basis - they also failed to respond to letters of complaint written to their management after I found myself in potentially costly situations as a result of their incorrect advice - I would advise members of Thailand Elite, not to trust the advice Thailand Elite Provides and source multiple sources of confirmation.

To answer the Ops question: 

I have been in this situation (holding a Thai Elite S.E. Visa and taking work an thus wanting to transfer to a Non-Imm B).

The Thai Elite Visa (S.E. and P.E. visa types) cannot be transfered or changed in-country to a Non-Imm B.

The Op will need to exit the country and re-enter on a Non-Immigrant Type B visa - having gone through the application process an a Neighbouring Embassy (such as Singapore - plenty of documentation required).

Regarding the longevity of existing Thai Elite Membership and Visa: 

That depends on the Ops membership duration - if the Op has a 5 year visa, and doesn't need the membership & visa, it may be possible to 'extend' or place a 'hiatus' on his Thai Elite Visa status and membership, particularly if on a 1 year renewable visa (with the 5 year membership) - that has to be discussed with Thai Elite and what they'll allow.

(I have lifetime membership - so this was never an issue for me).

Regarding having two open visas:

Yes, that can potentially cause issues and I have encountered just that. 

I had an Open Extension of Stay (based on work / work permit) and also an Open 5 year Thai Elite S.E. Visa (people have argued in the past that you can't have two open visa's - you can, I did).

While outside of Thailand the project I was working on was completed and I no longer needed to re-enter Thailand using my Extension of stay based on work (also the extension of stay was also only valid until the day after I returned so I definitely didn't want to use it !!).

The immigration officer wanted to stamp me in based on my 'extension of stay', thus giving me 1 day... I argued the ridiculousness of this, that he should stamp me in for either 90 days (conditions of my S.E. Visa) or Visa Exemption on arrival - both were valid options. 

His [the Immigration officers] opinion was that the extension of stay based on a Non-Immigrant visa superseded the Thai Elite Visa.

We disagreed and I wouldn't accept him stamping me in for one day, I'd have to fly out again the following day and then return again the same day to get my 90 day stamp, which was preposterous situation, but the Immi-officer was being particularly awkward.

I pressed the issue refusing to give in, two Immigration supervisors got involved one agreeing with the junior office, the senior immigration officer recognised the ridiculous of the situation, and I entered on my Thai Elite S.E. Visa (for 90 days), no further issues.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As a member of Thailand Elite, they have failed me on two separate occasions to provide me with accurate visa informatio

Don't direct your advice/rant to me..

I pushed the OP post as he did not receive reply.

Hopefully your info provides good advice for OP. 

Simple summary to advise OP would suffice 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As a member of Thailand Elite, they have failed me on two separate occasions to provide me with accurate visa informatio

Don't direct your advice/rant to me..

I pushed the OP post as he did not receive reply.

Hopefully your info provides good advice for OP. 

Simple summary to advise OP would suffice 

Perhaps step back and chill a little...  nothing directed 'at' you at all...     

Well done on pushing the Ops post so it gets attention - but its a fail on being a bit too sensitive and getting the undies in a twist for some unknown reason.

I've given the Op sufficient detail of first hand encounters to provide him with the information he needs.... a basic summary wouldn't be sufficient and would lead to more questions or confusion. 

Edited by richard_smith237