Thai Tourism Revenue to Hit 3 Trillion Baht, Falls Short of Goal

webfact

15 hours ago, BigStar said:

A shortfall of a mere projection

That's how budgets and revenue guidance work... In every corporation and government agency the world over... Missing a projection is not the goal, nor considered a success. EVER. Believe me, they care (and it creates concern for those involved) when there own projections are missed.

20 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

Even the Chinese average tourist doesn't come anymore, without the "zero $" tours.
The main aim of China is the "Export" of goods, not "tourists".
They are flooding the country with their cheap crap, taking out the local production.
Due to those "super smart" treaty arrangements, and actually, the flirting with the BRICS countries.
Desperate, and helpless on the downbound train.

Yes very true Thailand is playing a dangerous game where as always China will be the beneficiary !!!

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

That's how budgets and revenue guidance work... In every corporation and government agency the world over... Missing a projection is not the goal, nor considered a success. EVER. Believe me, they care (and it creates concern for those involved) when there own projections are missed.

But TAT didn't claim success, nor did anyone say they did. In fact, they announced a lack of success, explained the reasons

Challenges include economic slowdown in critical markets like China, where flight capacity to Thailand is still only 75% of pre-pandemic levels.

and suggested ways to help ensure the goal might be met.

And though myopia might suggest that all projections in corporate business and government agencies are of equal importance, in fact the degree of importance differs markedly among them from nothing to critical. I'm not going to bother elaborating such an obvious point, and you probably aren't competent to discuss the subject.

You may relate the hard numbers you have on the economic devastation wrought by missing the mere projection. We'd love that. But in any case it's one of the Known Truths among our ace Economists that TAT tells porkies!

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2024 at 10:40 AM, LivingNThailand said:

Chinese government wants Chinese people to travel domestically.  I read a report that tourism is booming in China.  PM and his gang should read the paper once in a while.  

Good lets hope they stay there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, john donson said:

what is the whole GDP again if tourism is 3 trillion...

approx 17.5 trillion b if my search results are right. that's the info given by AI.