Renewal of Extention of stay visa (How many days before it expires can i apply)

I want to apply before my extension of stay expires for the renewel, what may i ask is the maximum amount of time i am allowed to apply before it expires.

Thanks advance
TB

Speak to your local Immigration office, they do tend to vary somewhat  and it can differ according to your type of extension.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

I want to apply before my extension of stay expires for the renewel, what may i ask is the maximum amount of time i am allowed to apply before it expires.

Thanks advance
TB

Just done this at Chiang Mai for Non-O visa.  They say it can be done 14 days in advance (at least that was what I was told).

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

Just done this at Chiang Mai for Non-O visa.  They say it can be done 14 days in advance (at least that was what I was told).

OK i dont doubt what you say but it is a little less than the 45 days i have been told, this is why i have asked on this platform, if some one would give me a link i would appreciate it.

Edited by tigerbalm
wrong word added

20 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

DrJack54

It is a Non O Extension of stay (That is up for renewal)

Did not know their were different times depending on where you apply (Why would that be?)
TB

At large immigration offices such as CW, CM etc you can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry.

At majority of offices it's up to 30 days prior 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

OK i dont doubt what you say but it is a little less than the 45 days i have been told, this is why i have asked on this platform, if some one would give me a link i would appreciate it.

The guy you quoted was confused. Also seems he was obtaining a non O visa and not a 12 month extension. 

At CM it's up to 45 days early for annual extension 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The guy you quoted was confused. 

At CM it's up to 45 days early

Thank you for the clarification.  I must have misunderstood but can only go on what you as an individual get told..  At least this is clarified in my mind

4 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

Thank you for the clarification.  I must have misunderstood but can only go on what you as an individual get told..  At least this is clarified in my mind

Did you ask about a 12 month extension or to actually obtain a non O visa from visa exempt or tourist visa entry. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

At large immigration offices such as CW, CM etc you can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry.

At majority of offices it's up to 30 days prior 

Thanks for that i am in CM

Just out of interest what is CW

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Did you ask about a 12 month extension or to actually obtain a non O visa from visa exempt or tourist visa entry. 

It might have been one of the volunteers, thinking back.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember precisely what it was to do with the Non-O visa, but it was to do with getting it processed in some way.  I was told it had to be within 14 days, not before.  I am not the most bureaucratically minded of people so have just done my 90 day reporting which is all I have to do at the the moment within 14 day of the stipulated date.

4 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

I was told it had to be within 14 days, not before

You are referring to 90 day reporting.

14 days prior for online and via mail.

14 days prior and up to 6 days after due date for in person TM47. 

Not related to extensions

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bangkok immigration 

Chaengwattana

OK that clears that up (Thank you)

I have the answer i was looking for thanks to you so i will close the thread

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You are referring to 90 day reporting.

14 days prior for online and via mail.

14 days prior and up to 6 days after due date for in person TM47. 

Not related to extensions

Apologies for confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1