"merging" Handles

Cyberstar

Hi,

I've got an old handle, still alive, but I really don't like this sort of dual identity. And - as I've learned from the forum rules - it's illegal. Usually, I don't use that old handle - I only use it when I feel like interfering in some stupid arguments between 1-2 year old newbies discussing whose the better guy: the one with 1,714 posts or the one with 109 posts - However, regardless of how ridiculous it actually is - it seems like a 4-digit membership number often can settle an issue... So, can handles be merged - and in that case, what do I do?

No, they cannot be merged.

You are correct when you said that dual handles are illegal and are actually a capital offence, however admin can take a lenient stance when confessed to early, so don't worry too much about the lethal injection just yet.

I suggest you choose one handle and stick to it, let an admin/mod know what nick you no longer require and we can stop the temptation to use it again.

... we should make his other nick public, so that we can see who he ha been on the forum ...

Nah, I think we should give the guy a chance ... He might have a reason not to carry around too much of the sheet he let out in earlier incarnations :o .