TM30 and 90 day reporting on a PE Visa

I have a PE (Thailand Elite visa) and until now I have worked in oil and gas so never stayed in Thailand longer than 90 days.

I previously reported TM30's on old system as my landlords agent provided me with a logon and it was easy to do though I never required one.

The agent is no longer in the loop and I pay the landlord directly with no current contract.

The landlord is very difficult to deal with and it's taken me over a year to get the property blue book and a copy of his ID.

I was able to upload via TM30.io website and have a TM30 receipt though it is not issued 24 hours within entry and there is some information missing from the TM30 receipt such as arrival date etc which the TM30.io team tell me is not necessary.

'I now intend to spend longer than 90 day's in Thailand and dip my toe in to retirement (48 years old) and I believe that Thailand Privilege team in normal cases handle the TM 30 on my behalf but have the following queries:

1. Is the TM30.io a bonafide service and solution? if yes that I assume that Thailand Elite/Privilege can handle my 90day reporting with no issue

2. Does the TM30 have to be dated within 24 hours of arrival or do I need to bounce out of the country?

3. If the TM30.io receipt is not valid then I will need another solution for the TM30 generation (if power of attorney from landlord is required I expect this will be impossible given experience in obtaining bluebook and ID card copies.)

4. Every non PE holder I talk to claims never to have submitted a TM30 and that I should get an agent to do it. Any experience of PE holders having an agent to do this for them and if so any recommendations in Bangkok?

I know I could move condo to eliminate the landlord issue but would prefer not to do this if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

The TM30 is a notification of where an alien is residing.

Once filed and the receipt received, you don't need to do anything more.

A new TM30 would only be required if you moved to a new permanent place of residence.

The TM 30 is a legal requirement for all foreigners to register with immigration within 24 hours of arrival.

This is regardless of the type of visa.

The date of registering is less important as long as you are registered before anyone finds out.

Some 'elite' visa holders have been caught out for not providing TM 90 reports.

From memory, this occurred when they individual left the country and the visa was cancelled.

Yes, the visa is for a year or more but 90 day reporting is still required.

Anyway - that's just my understanding of the situation.

I have been here for 24 years so that is almost 100 x 90 day reports.

You have to love Thai bureaucracy.

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The TM 30 is a legal requirement for all foreigners to register with immigration within 24 hours of arrival.

Arrival at the residence in question, not within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Some 'elite' visa holders have been caught out for not providing TM 90 reports.

What is a TM90?

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Arrival at the residence in question, not within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand.

What is a TM90?

For what one has to pay for an elite visa, it is strange that they don't provide any assistance in advising holders what are the benefits and responsibilities. LTR is much cheaper and we know where we stand on all the issues.  I think so anyway.

5 hours ago, Liquorice said:

What is a TM90?

apologies - many interruptions.  Should read 90 day report.

15 hours ago, esclub said:

I have a PE (Thailand Elite visa) and until now I have worked in oil and gas so never stayed in Thailand longer than 90 days.

I previously reported TM30's on old system as my landlords agent provided me with a logon and it was easy to do though I never required one.

The agent is no longer in the loop and I pay the landlord directly with no current contract.

The landlord is very difficult to deal with and it's taken me over a year to get the property blue book and a copy of his ID.

I was able to upload via TM30.io website and have a TM30 receipt though it is not issued 24 hours within entry and there is some information missing from the TM30 receipt such as arrival date etc which the TM30.io team tell me is not necessary.

'I now intend to spend longer than 90 day's in Thailand and dip my toe in to retirement (48 years old) and I believe that Thailand Privilege team in normal cases handle the TM 30 on my behalf but have the following queries:

1. Is the TM30.io a bonafide service and solution? if yes that I assume that Thailand Elite/Privilege can handle my 90day reporting with no issue

2. Does the TM30 have to be dated within 24 hours of arrival or do I need to bounce out of the country?

3. If the TM30.io receipt is not valid then I will need another solution for the TM30 generation (if power of attorney from landlord is required I expect this will be impossible given experience in obtaining bluebook and ID card copies.)

4. Every non PE holder I talk to claims never to have submitted a TM30 and that I should get an agent to do it. Any experience of PE holders having an agent to do this for them and if so any recommendations in Bangkok?

I know I could move condo to eliminate the landlord issue but would prefer not to do this if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

AS user @Liquorice says above, but some immigration offices might wish a new TM30 registration upon each entry to the Kingdom – even if a TM30 have already been registered – and also if you are visiting another province, despite the new rule in a police report states that you don't need it.

To my knowledge – from what I read on Elite Car's website – Privilege Card do not help with TM30-registration, it's the job for a landlord or house master, which can be yourself; while Privilege Card helps with 90-days report within certain areas.