Re-entry by air on a METV

I'm currently on an active METV. My 60 days end on July 7. I would like to visit Cambodia by air and return to get restamped for 60 days and also sightsee Cambodia for a bit. What I couldn't find is: Does the time I spend in Cambodia matter? If let's say I were to return the same day or in 5 days, does it matter? Together with that, does it matter if I return prior to 7th of July that my original 60 day period ends?

Your previous permitted-stay is gone the minute you stamp out of Thailand, unless you were to apply for a re-entry permit before stamping out.

With a METV, you will always get a new permitted-stay of 60 days if you enter before the "Enter Before" date on the Visa.   After the "Enter Before" date has passed, the visa is dead.

Therefore, your only consideration is whether your stay in Cambodia will take you beyond your visa's "Enter Before" date. 

6 minutes ago, Nedrapter said:

I see. Thank you. My METV was issued near the end of April, so it should be good until Ocrober. Thank you.

You need to be aware of you "enter before date" on your visa.

That sets when you need to exit and reenter Thailand to obtain another 60 days 

31 minutes ago, Nedrapter said:

I see. Thank you. My METV was issued near the end of April, so it should be good until Ocrober. Thank you.

you need to have that PDF file they emailed you when you got the visa approved (if it was via the eVisa online website) because that IS your visa and you have to show it every time you stamp in to the country and if you're going to get a 30 day extension at the immigration office too

If indeed you are going to Cambodia and will spend some time there being a tourist, you shouldn't have an issue with comin' back in by air.

The thing is just because you possess a valid visa to thailand doesn't mean you get IN to the country on that visa (if they think you're living here on it). All it means is if they let you in they stamp you in for the time that visa allows (in your case 60 days)

I am not saying you're going to get hassled or denied entry, just that if you're only after another stamp to stay here in thailand 60 more days bounce with a border bounce service by land out and back for it.

• Like 1

No it doesn't matter.
You can make any amout of visits for any duration.

Your 60 day count finishes when you leave Thailand and you get another 60 days on return up to your six month allowance.