Non-O Extension and Visa Exemption

1 hour ago, transam said:

Hey, it is none of your business WHY I ask a question here, or what I do. We all know you are an "I am alright Jack", you have pointed it out a few times.

We on this forum are trying to work out OUR business, not yours, plus, if you are a Thai immigration officer, then come clean, if not back off the snide remarks...🤕 

Oooooh! You can write more than a sentence then.

Hit a nerve did I.

You're the one that's plastered your business all over the forum about your Immigration issues.

Just because the reply isn't the answer you were looking for, no need to get nasty.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

This forum is supposed to provide information to ANYONE, not just wannabe hi-so's like yourself..

You directly asked me a question, I answered it.

The fact it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear is your problem.

You want to hear you can get multiple 90 day Non Imm O visas and 60 day extensions to continually stay in Thailand ................. nobody can guarantee that, and it's highly unlikely.

Try it and let us know how you get on, old chap!

Edited by Liquorice

5 hours ago, transam said:

This forum is supposed to provide information to ANYONE, not just wannabe hi-so's like yourself..

And, I haven't plastered anything, I have asked questions which you dissect as me not being in your hi-so-ness bracket.

So anyone that takes an interest in Immigration and meets the financial requirements for 1 year extensions is a 'high so', in your opinion.

Deary me, you mustn't have many friends, old chap!

There's always agents.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Liquorice said:

So anyone that takes an interest in Immigration and meets the financial requirements for 1 year extensions is a 'high so', in your opinion.

Deary me, you mustn't have many friends, old chap!

There's always agents.

You can twist as much as you like, I have made my point for all to read, you forget, not all members are in the same position as you, try stepping outside your "me"  box....🤔

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:01 PM, transam said:

If I may ask a question which is sort of on topic.

If you come into LOS on a visa exempt, put 400k in the bank for the day to get a 90 day Non-O at immigration, when that expires, one can do the same again, do a border hop, 400k in the bank for the day, go to immigration for Non-O 90 day.....?...🤗

IMO, I think this would really tick them off, given the paperwork involved, and supervisor sign-off required. 

Better to get serial Non-Os from Laos, extend 60-days per-each. 

One could also extend 30-days from an exempt-entry, then 60-days more to visit family - is supported in some offices.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

IMO, I think this would really tick them off, given the paperwork involved, and supervisor sign-off required. 

Better to get serial Non-Os from Laos, extend 60-days per-each. 

One could also extend 30-days from an exempt-entry, then 60-days more to visit family - is supported in some offices.

The problem with Sav now is getting an appointment, if when the time comes you can't get one it's a problem.  🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

You can twist as much as you like, I have made my point for all to read, you forget, not all members are in the same position as you, try stepping outside your "me"  box....🤔

I'm not the one twisting, and I don't mean that to be condescending.

I originally stated 'IMO', which you appear to have taken exception to.

Far from being a 'hi so' as you put it, I'm just an average expat.

The question "Now Savannahket require 400K for the Non Imm O ME visa and I don't have 400K" is the million-dollar question, with no definitive solution or alternative to stay long term without financial implications.

If/when the VE entry offers 60 days entries, then I'd suggest a border hop for 60 days + 30 day extension + 60 day extension + 90 day Non O.

That would be cheaper than applying for a Non O at Savannahket and allow a stay of almost 8 months.

However, and again just my opinion, you'd probably get away with it once, but as @Rob Browder stated, once Immigration cottoned on, they'd probably refuse further Non O applications and tell you to get the correct visa to stay long term, by which they mean obtain the Non Imm O ME, or a 1-year extension of stay.

I know one expat who has managed to borrow 400K funds for 3 months to obtain the 1-year extension, from family, which he then returns with 10K interest. Don't know if that's a feasible option for you, but far cheaper than an agent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I'm not the one twisting, and I don't mean that to be condescending.

I originally stated 'IMO', which you appear to have taken exception to.

Far from being a 'hi so' as you put it, I'm just an average expat.

The question "Now Savannahket require 400K for the Non Imm O ME visa and I don't have 400K" is the million-dollar question, with no definitive solution or alternative to stay long term without financial implications.

If/when the VE entry offers 60 days entries, then I'd suggest a border hop for 60 days + 30 day extension + 60 day extension + 90 day Non O.

That would be cheaper than applying for a Non O at Savannahket and allow a stay of almost 8 months.

However, and again just my opinion, you'd probably get away with it once, but as @Rob Browder stated, once Immigration cottoned on, they'd probably refuse further Non O applications and tell you to get the correct visa to stay long term, by which they mean obtain the Non Imm O ME, or a 1-year extension of stay.

I know one expat who has managed to borrow 400K funds for 3 months to obtain the 1-year extension, from family, which he then returns with 10K interest. Don't know if that's a feasible option for you, but far cheaper than an agent.

I would much prefer that you personally didn't reply to my questions/posts, lets leave it at that...Thank you..:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, post said:

Just wonder whether a Non-O visa can get extended for another 30 days before the permitted 90-day stay 

No, you cannot extend the 90 day stay from a Non O visa, unless married to a Thai, then you can apply to extend your stay for a further 60 days.

• Like 1