Good beach near Thong Sala pier

Doing a day trip to Koh Phangan and wondered which nearby beach is good for swimming, shade and eating. Also curious what types of transportation is available at the pier.

I think that the reason you've had no replies is because there are no beaches near the pier where swimming is pleasant at the moment. Water too shallow and too hot! If I wanted to swim in the sea, I would head to Thong Nai Pan, on the other side of the island. All transportation is available at the pier, the least expensive is 200 thb for a scooter for the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a kite surfing school not too far from the pier. Head east.(walking distance).

Head east. Lime 'n Soda resort.

Not great. Not bad. Cold beer and food in the resort.

Not sure if it is sand or reef.

Lots of taxis/songteows at the pier. Walk to the road. Hotel pick ups tend to wait by the ferries.

My 'go to' beach on KPN is Mae Haad Bay. (NW)

Salad beach is also good.

No idea on the taxi mafia prices though, I always rent a bike.

16 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I think that the reason you've had no replies is because there are no beaches near the pier where swimming is pleasant at the moment. Water too shallow and too hot! If I wanted to swim in the sea, I would head to Thong Nai Pan, on the other side of the island. All transportation is available at the pier, the least expensive is 200 thb for a scooter for the day.

Thanks for the info. It's nice to know a bit about the beach situation before going.

40 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Lots of taxis/songteows at the pier. Walk to the road. Hotel pick ups tend to wait by the ferries.

My 'go to' beach on KPN is Mae Haad Bay. (NW)

Salad beach is also good.

No idea on the taxi mafia prices though, I always rent a bike.

With the 3 of us the taxi mafia might be easier, we'll see. Thanks for recommendations 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Salad Beach has more choice of restaurants.

Only 2 on Mae Haad Beach.

This time of the year I would go to Tong nai pan beach. Anantra had ok food and many other choices there as well. We got beach chairs and access to the pool while we where there when we spent an afternoon there eating and drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, delgarcon said:

Have a look at Koh Raham restaurant and Bar. A nice place to have lunch and you can swim off of the rocks, where the water is cleaner and maybe a little deeper, although as I mentioned, the tide id very low at the moment.

https://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/Ko-Pha-Ngan/tides/latest

Koh Raham is 'different'. Definitely worth a visit but all day?

I went there with a couple of young Thai girls (friends) and they loved it. Selfies all over the place.

That is all there is though. Good snorkelling mind you.