Thaksin May Face Jail If Denied Bail in Lese Majeste Case

"Stop your vehicle!. This is the Police, we have an arrest warrant for Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra".

"Sorry, there must be some mistake, I am Mr. Takki Shinegra, a proud Montenegrin citizen, on my way to the airport to visit my sister overseas in Dubai".

"Sorry for the mistaken identity, and thank you for this wonderful cake. Have a good flight".

🛩️

• Haha 1

As expected:

[Breaking] Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been granted bail in his lese-majeste case with a surety of 500,000 baht.

He has denied all charges, including lese-majeste and violations of the Computer Crime Act, stemming from his 2015 interview with a South Korean news outlet regarding the 2014 coup.

The next court date is set for August 19.

https://x.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1802914654186058090

Statement issued by Mr. Prayut Phetkhun, spokesman for the Attorney General's Office at a news conference on the Thaksin case, and the charges he faces.

My translation.

IMG_3355.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Was he ever convicted for fleeing Thailand to avoid criminal prosecution?

What's the punishment for that? 

Or is it just fine to run away for many years, spending ill-gotten wealth?

Lock him up! 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Statute of limitations expired for that long, long ago ! Probably about 6 months after he left judging by some of the other ridiculous time limits I've read about.

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Maybe he takes the hint and flees abroad again, he seems to be - shall we say - rather unwelcome. 

Everyone in Thailand is welcome by one side, and unwelcome by the other side.

Thaksin is welcomed by he who will not be mentioned, so he doesn't need to worry about anything for now.

I rather see Thaksins's back than his front

• 1 month later...

"Oh Elizabeth, this is the Big One.  I feel in coming.  I'll need to go back to my penthouse suite at the hospital or it will be the end of me!"

b42e4263595c40ba3cbc1787b89f1f0a-98067003.jpg.fe4a9d836180e9d3dc6902c6e9f5bd05.jpg