Bangkok Bank Mobile App Upgrade - now no transfers between my accounts?

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In general, recently I try to transfer more money than usual. I received some strange error message.

After I called the bank, they checked my personal details. They still had my passport number which I used to open the account many years ago.

After answering some security questions on the phone, they updated my passport number in their system and now all works fine again.

I don't know how often something like this causes a problem, but from time to time it apparently causes problems - and no obvious "update your passport number" message. 

This thread is about the transfer between MY ACCOUNTS on the mobile app. As I stated, I spent one and a half hours in Bangkok Bank on Friday. 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read the original post, but not every reply.

And I am pretty sure the hotline also works on Sundays.

I have already explained I went to the Bank and they contacted the IT Help desk who will phone me back  🙏

47 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

'My Accounts' is missing - and, as John Lennon said, "I'm not the only one"  Waiting for BB to phone me - will report here.

Can you go to Accounts, main screen, bottom option next to Home.

Then + Add an account

Then add your second/missing account (Deposit, FCD, CC, Bond, Loan).

Then My Accounts may/should be displayed.

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Can you go to Accounts, main screen, bottom option next to Home.

Then + Add an account

Then add your second/missing account (Deposit, FCD, CC, Bond, Loan).

Then My Accounts may/should be displayed.

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried all my accounts, and I clicked 'verify account', and it does not work.

It sounds like the links between the app and your other accounts need to be reestablished.

Alternatively, for now, you should be able to transfer funds from your primary account to your other accounts at BBL 

Transfer, Other accounts, Bangkok Bank, enter the account number, then add to Favorites, or re-enter the account number for future transfers.

Edited by bamnutsak

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

This thread is about the transfer between MY ACCOUNTS on the mobile app. As I stated, I spent one and a half hours in Bangkok Bank on Friday. 

Yes, and it is great if you solve the problem with your accounts. However, others will also read this and maybe they read this not only to help you, but also to learn for themselves. This is why I included above information.

After all, this is a public forum and not your private helpline. 

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have already explained I went to the Bank and they contacted the IT Help desk who will phone me back  🙏

Wonderful.

I hope you can forgive me that I tried to offer a solution without reading first all the posts.

On 6/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, and it is great if you solve the problem with your accounts. However, others will also read this and maybe they read this not only to help you, but also to learn for themselves. This is why I included above information.

After all, this is a public forum and not your private helpline. 

You repeated what we had already gone through - it doesn't help anyone. I am waiting for them to phone me.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:41 PM, bamnutsak said:

It sounds like the links between the app and your other accounts need to be reestablished.

Alternatively, for now, you should be able to transfer funds from your primary account to your other accounts at BBL 

Transfer, Other accounts, Bangkok Bank, enter the account number, then add to Favorites, or re-enter the account number for future transfers.

Thanks - it's very long-winded. Not sure why, after the update, this happened and at least one other poster on this thread has the same problem. 

On 6/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

In general, recently I try to transfer more money than usual. I received some strange error message.

After I called the bank, they checked my personal details. They still had my passport number which I used to open the account many years ago.

After answering some security questions on the phone, they updated my passport number in their system and now all works fine again.

I don't know how often something like this causes a problem, but from time to time it apparently causes problems - and no obvious "update your passport number" message. 

You updated your new passport over the phone without having to go in person to the original branch? Never heard of being able to do that. Which bank was this?