Scotland Fans Stir Controversy Mock Death of Late Queen

Social Media

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lol, stop trolling. I didn't make any posts, you're the one not understanding a basic and clear post in English. I think he even provided a link, you could try that one if you're seriously interested in this.

Trolling? Because you cant answer the question? What is it I don't understand?

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

From my experience of living in Edinburgh is the Scottish are rather supportive of the Royal family.

The Queen Mum was held in high regard as was Lizzy and Charles.

Things might have been different in some communities in Glasgow.

Edinburgh is not really reflective of the rest of Scotland in many ways.

Well, former England international and Premier League winner, Chris Sutton wrote today on the BBC about Scotland 'You've had the best fans at the tournament'. Many Germans agree, though there have been some great and positive displays of support by many nationalities.

Chris Sutton also has Scotland exiting tonight. It'll certainly be tough, Hungary thrashed England 4-0 at home last time they played!

50 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Singing about the Second World War in Germany is provocative and embarrassing ... most of the Germans passing by had nothing to do with it, and none of the England fans singing it took part in that campaign. Shameful idiots. 

Is it better to sing about a dead old woman who recently died  and celebrating the death ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is it better to sing about a dead old woman who recently died  and celebrating the death ?

Well, no of course not. But this is a handful of idiots out of 200,000 Scots fans who have won praise from every quarter, notably except from England fans. Shocked, not. The football has been crap but the fans have shown amazing support. Good luck to England, let's see if their fans can get behind their own team likewise.

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Singing about the Second World War in Germany is provocative and embarrassing ... most of the Germans passing by had nothing to do with it, and none of the England fans singing it took part in that campaign. Shameful idiots. 

Brits alive today also had nothing to do with colonialism, but we still get plenty of idiots talking about that, many on this forum. Nothing wrong with being proud of defeating the Nazis when you consider the artocities they committed. Unless of course there are anti-semitic, sorry I mean anti-Zionist undertones at play. 

Anyway, as predicted the Scots are going home at the first opportunity, bottom of a weak group, 1 point, 2 goals scored and 7 conceded. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans. I'm sure they'll find a way to blame it on the English, sorry I mean Waistminstair. 

Last kick of the game and scored from "inside the box". Isn't Karma wonderful. Don't forget to cheer for Solvenia tomorrow. 😃

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Scottish 'yobbos' sing disrespectful songs. Real English yobbos smash up bars and riot in the streets with other football fans. 

And Scottish yobbo's don't.........?...........😂

But, I reckon we are all surprised you are an expert on the subject of "yobbishness"..........:huh:

On 6/21/2024 at 11:08 AM, JCauto said:

LOLOLOL! Cry me a river, snowflake!

No crying here buddy, I was most amused when the goal went in to eliminate Scotland at the group stage. You can sing your nasty little song on the plane home. 

But don't be too upset, if you purchased your Scotland shirt during the tournament you should still fall within the 14 day returns guarantee. 😆

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

No crying here buddy, I was most amused when the goal went in to eliminate Scotland at the group stage. You can sing your nasty little song on the plane home. 

But don't be too upset, if you purchased your Scotland shirt during the tournament you should still fall within the 14 day returns guarantee. 😆

No, not here, was referring to your previous post where you were whining about the mean Scottish people making fun of your precious football team and pointing out the obvious irony of you throwing the "snowflake" insult out simultaneously. That's irony, I guess you weren't paying enough attention in school.

As to football, can't really say I've ever watched a full game, probably among the least interesting sports. Now if they gave them weapons or allowed them to hit each other legally, I might become interested...

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Anyway, as predicted the Scots are going home at the first opportunity, bottom of a weak group, 1 point, 2 goals scored and 7 conceded. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans. I'm sure they'll find a way to blame it on the English, sorry I mean Waistminstair. 

Last kick of the game and scored from "inside the box". Isn't Karma wonderful. Don't forget to cheer for Solvenia tomorrow. 

Well, yes, of course it was predicted, Scotland are the lowest ranked team in the group for a reason. Weak group, though? Switzerland have reached the latter stages of the last 5 major tournaments, beating teams like France along the way. Germany look to be rediscovering the form that has historically seen them have a trophy haul that would take England another 24 years to catch up with, assuming they won every single tournament until 2048. The last three Hungary results against UK teams - Hungary 1 Scotland 0; England 0 Hungary 4; Hungary 1 England 0.

True about the nice fans, acclaimed throughout Germany and praised by many, including former English internationals. I hope the fans of England can show a similar positive support for their team. Like most Scots, I don't blame the English for anything, I only wish your team good luck going forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Brits alive today also had nothing to do with colonialism, but we still get plenty of idiots talking about that, many on this forum. Nothing wrong with being proud of defeating the Nazis when you consider the artocities they committed. Unless of course there are anti-semitic, sorry I mean anti-Zionist undertones at play. 

Last kick of the game and scored from "inside the box". Isn't Karma wonderful. Don't forget to cheer for Solvenia tomorrow. 😃

Come back to me when your beloved England are lifting that trophy. Let's hope we are both alive?

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Come back to me when your beloved England are lifting that trophy. Let's hope we are both alive?

Unlikely, given our current manager.

But at least we won't go out with an embarrassing whimper like the Scots.  

Won't be chanting about the death of an old lady either. 

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

But at least we won't go out with an embarrassing whimper like the Scots. 

England, ranked one of the highest nations in the world, recently lost to Iceland. Again. They scraped a result against a Serbia side who could not get past a woeful Scotland side last time round. You then had a draw against a 'not very good Denmark team' (ex-England captain's words). Your record at international tournaments for a so called 'big' nation is not very inspiring. That you try and then gloat at the lowest ranked team coming bottom of their group (on account of a last gasp goal) is farcical and reeks of insecure desperation.

Yet, unlike you, I wish your country the best of luck in the tournament and look forward to some fantastic clashes in the weeks to come (including, hopefully, matches involving England). Maybe you should try and positively support your team for a change.

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Won't be chanting about the death of an old lady either. 

Plenty of media reports available on the net about the many English people singing when the elderly Margaret Thatcher died. Selective much?

You seem unable to handle the fact that most people - including prominent Englishmen - are lauding praise for the Scottish fans' support of their team. Let's see how the England fans fare, I hope they win similar plaudits, whatever happens on the pitch.

• Thumbs Up 1