Dog Attacks Whilst Biking.

Richb2004v2

40 years ago in the UK you would not believe what l had to do to pass the heavy goods vehicle test. :)

When I was 24yr old I was working for a UK waste disposal company and got a HGV license for driving 38 ton bulkers without taking a test, bit like Thailand Ahh !! :lol: :lol:

GOD man, your older than me. :lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 years ago in the UK you would not believe what l had to do to pass the heavy goods vehicle test. :)

When I was 24yr old I was working for a UK waste disposal company and got a HGV license for driving 38 ton bulkers without taking a test, bit like Thailand Ahh !! :lol: :lol:

Yep !! maybe I'll buy you a couple of Changs on the 29th of this month if your my way it's my birthday and I'm 64 going on 19.B)

Yep !! maybe I'll buy you a couple of Changs on the 29th of this month if your my way it's my birthday and I'm 64 going on 19.B)

Mine tomorrow, :D

I'll drink to your heath, have a good day.

post-87530-0-19529300-1308063935_thumb.j Me last year my Mrs knows I hate receiving flowers.:lol::D

I'll drink to your heath, have a good day.

post-87530-0-19529300-1308063935_thumb.j Me last year my Mrs knows I hate receiving flowers.:lol::D

You've got HAIR :o. Yep, good luck mate and many more happy birthdays. T/A :)

Staring them down: well, it works when you are convinced of your superiority. If you are feeble-minded, the dogs will probably sense it and attack.

Another piece of advice if you have no stones: just pretend to pick some up. That has always worked with me.

Also learn the Thai (or local) expression of 'out' or 'down', whatever locals use to tell a dog to back off and shout it at them.

Dogs don't speak Thai, they like all animals use telepathy, which means which ever language you use if the dog is tuned to you, he will get it.

:ermm::blink: Come again.

For further explanation about how animals use telepathy, please refer to the work of the English biologist Ruppert Sheldrake http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.html

The "English biologist Rupert Sheldrake" is a charlatan, completely out on the edge of craziness, whose work is discounted by all respected biologists. Don't take notice of anything he writes , it is at the same level as astrology, and with as much evidence. True he is a smart guy with a Ph.D, but we all know smart guys who believe nonsense don't we?

Almost no-one except credulous lay people believe his magical , unfalsfiable theories. Beware.

Rupert Sheldrake is certainly an interesting character. http://en.wikipedia....upert_Sheldrake and his ideas are worth looking into. I'm not sure if things are as he describes them, but then there are many unexplained and possibly inexplicable things in this world ...Horatio...:rolleyes:............................Really basic things l

"Almost no-one except credulous lay people believe his magical , unfalsfiable theories" ?????? According to Wikipedia : "Sheldrake's ideas have resonated with the general public and some physicists such as David Bohm.[36] The idea that fields may influence cells has even received cautious support from biologists Janis Roze and Sue Ann Miller".

Sheldrake obtained a scholarship to study Natural Sciences at Clare College, Cambridge. He specialized in biochemistry, and graduated with double-first-class honours, and won the University Botany Prize.

Edited by Latindancer

The "English biologist Rupert Sheldrake" is a charlatan, completely out on the edge of craziness, whose work is discounted by all respected biologists. Don't take notice of anything he writes , it is at the same level as astrology, and with as much evidence. True he is a smart guy with a Ph.D, but we all know smart guys who believe nonsense don't we?

Almost no-one except credulous lay people believe his magical , unfalsfiable theories. Beware.

It's not magic, anyone can do it with practice, and everyone used to do it. We lose when we grow up. Animals just keep it.

Some vets use it to communicate with the animals they treat

Edited by aneliane

It's not magic, anyone can do it with practice, and everyone used to do it. We lose when we grow up. Animals just keep it.

Some vets use it to communicate with the animals they treat

Ah yes i saw a movie like that with eddy murphy. It looked real convincing. :D

But the real reason why dogs don't care about language is because they just sense if your angry or afraid. No weird science just body composure.. smell and sound. Dog's and primates and others communicate by body composure.

But the real reason why dogs don't care about language is because they just sense if your angry or afraid. No weird science just body composure.. smell and sound. Dog's and primates and others communicate by body composure.

Nope they use telepathy, and there are hundreds of examples that proves it : just one of them is pets waiting for their owner at home and reacting at the moment their owner decide to come home by going to the door. they can tell when their owner has decided to come home regardless of the time/distance/regularity of the owner

No body posture involved, no smell, no sound, the owner is miles away

Edited by aneliane

Nope they use telepathy, and there are hundreds of examples that proves it : just one of them is pets waiting for their owner at home and reacting at the moment their owner decide to come home by going to the door. they can tell when their owner has decided to come home regardless of the time/distance/regularity of the owner

Please don't try to instil a sense of magic in to something that is just basic common sense, my dogs know when I am coming home because they recognise the sound of my car. (from a distance, they have big ears)

If telepathy was involved they would be patiently waiting for food the moment I thought about it rather than doing what they do in reality, which is hearing the door of the fridge open.

They smell, they hear and they see ..... and that's it.

Please don't try to instil a sense of magic in to something that is just basic common sense, my dogs know when I am coming home because they recognise the sound of my car. (from a distance, they have big ears)

If telepathy was involved they would be patiently waiting for food the moment I thought about it rather than doing what they do in reality, which is hearing the door of the fridge open.

It is no magic, it is the most natural thing in the world.

Experiences have proven that sound of car have nothing to do with it. The dog would react at the moment the owner decide to go home.

This was miles away and the owner had not taken his car yet.

Think of telepathy like a radio wave, your dog is not constantly tuned to /listening to your brain, just like you would be with a radio.

Of course he will just react to the door's fridge or to any words that you have taught him, but that does not means he also can use telepathy and know and hide when you want to take him to the vet. biggrin.gif

Anybody that walks into a street and suddenly turns around to see someone staring at him/her, experiences telepathy. It happens to us everyday.

It is no magic, it is the most natural thing in the world.

Experiences have proven that sound of car have nothing to do with it. The dog would react at the moment the owner decide to go home.

This was miles away and the owner had not taken his car yet.

Think of telepathy like a radio wave, your dog is not constantly tuned to /listening to your brain, just like you would be with a radio.

Of course he will just react to the door's fridge or to any words that you have taught him, but that does not means he also can use telepathy and know and hide when you want to take him to the vet. biggrin.gif

Anybody that walks into a street and suddenly turns around to see someone staring at him/her, experiences telepathy. It happens to us everyday.

Ok then my dogs are real bad at telepathy. They seem to get excited every time a taxi stops in front of our house (gf or me both use them to arrive home). If it was telepathy they would know its the neighbors arriving and not one of us.

Sure there are always some stories but how sure are you about those. Have you witnessed it yourself and ruled out all other plausible explanations.

I do believe there are things that cannot be explained but most things can be explained and if dogs had these abilities it would already be proven by serious scientists.

Yes I have witnessed it on many occasions and you have too.

Pets hiding before going on hols / to the vet

Pet waiting at the door for their return, not it had no other way to now

Numerous vets stories about pets returning to their owner having travelled miles

Ruppert Sheldrake is a serious scientist

Just about all dogs (especially strays in Thailand) are fed by humans. They're not going to bark at you then bite you.If they want to bite you, they will. However, unless you are INSIDE their sole territory and they're trsained to be aggressive, it's all a load of hot air. We used to try riding away, but not anymore. whether, walking, running or cycling you just need to calmly stop, look at them and do nothing more. being stressed helps their confidence. Throwing things or trying to shoot them will cause more problems (with locals) than necessary.

Stop, look at them laugh or talk, then wait for them to shut up and they will, for sure. Then go on your way. The same dogs will rarely give you any bother again.

If, however, you are trespassing and in a compound of some sort, and encounter guard dogs, get the hell out.

I've only been bitten by trying to pet their heads too soon in any relationship, or stupidly trying to stop them fighting.

No, he used to be one.

People buy his books because they want to believe him..... same as Erich Von Daniken.

What's is wrong in believing in something you experience everyday ?

Yes I have witnessed it on many occasions and you have too.

Pets hiding before going on hols / to the vet

Pet waiting at the door for their return, not it had no other way to now

Numerous vets stories about pets returning to their owner having travelled miles

Pets hiding before the vet.. can be explained by the way you act. They know something is up

Pets waiting.. my pets always wait in front of the door when im not here. They make plenty of mistakes with taxi's comming.

Pets crossing miles is truly remarkable... but what about all those other pets far more that get lost and dont find their way home. Those few good examples are by far outnumbered by the others.

No, he used to be one.

People buy his books because they want to believe him..... same as Erich Von Daniken.

What's is wrong in believing in something you experience everyday ?

Nothing.

But it doesn't rain because the plants are thirsty.

The sun doesn't rise, the world turns.

Walking under a ladder isn't unlucky, but it can be dangerous if the bloke at the top drops a brick.

And you can stand on a crack without getting eaten by bears.

P.S. just in case you don't know, The X Files wasn't a documentary.

Edited by Thaddeus

Pets hiding before the vet.. can be explained by the way you act. They know something is up

Pets waiting.. my pets always wait in front of the door when im not here. They make plenty of mistakes with taxi's comming.

Pets crossing miles is truly remarkable... but what about all those other pets far more that get lost and dont find their way home. Those few good examples are by far outnumbered by the others.

I tried many times with my cat, he always knew when we were going on hols or to the vet and taking HIM. there were many occasions were we did not take him and he was not bothered at all by any of our preparation.

When taking his girlfriend to the vet for example, they would stay both here, readily available. But he would hiding under the car where we could not get hold of him, when it was for him. So I could say the girl was not very perceptive / interested in what's going on in our brain, but that does not mean telepathy is not used by animals

When going on weekends, we would leave him behind, he knew we did not want to take him.

Pets don't necessarily use telepathy for everything, like the sense of smelling for example, you don't necessarily use its information constantly and like everything some are better at it / more interested in you than others, plus it depends of which relation you have with them, they might also just be happy to see anyone coming.

My pet had no way to know when I was coming, but she was exceptional other pet of her own race did not do it.

• I leave in a mooban in Samutprakarn where it seems that the street dogs are civilized and the dogs owned by residents well trained.

I ridding and jogging almost every day without any problem exept a little dog who like to run after everything moving faster than a snail.

As I plan to get a dog soon, does anybody know a good dog trainer in Srinakarin - Theparak area?

Yes. I know one which will help you "make peace".

22-1280N.jpg

Edited by cheeryble

I tried many times with my cat, he always knew when we were going on hols or to the vet and taking HIM. there were many occasions were we did not take him and he was not bothered at all by any of our preparation.

When taking his girlfriend to the vet for example, they would stay both here, readily available. But he would hiding under the car where we could not get hold of him, when it was for him. So I could say the girl was not very perceptive / interested in what's going on in our brain, but that does not mean telepathy is not used by animals

When going on weekends, we would leave him behind, he knew we did not want to take him.

Pets don't necessarily use telepathy for everything, like the sense of smelling for example, you don't necessarily use its information constantly and like everything some are better at it / more interested in you than others, plus it depends of which relation you have with them, they might also just be happy to see anyone coming.

My pet had no way to know when I was coming, but she was exceptional other pet of her own race did not do it.

Are you 12 years old?

As to the pepper spray. I'm concerned it doesn't have the range and is dependent on the air movement. 3 or even 4 metres would be nice.

I have considered having something to give the pepper weight. Perhaps sand.

So you take some sand. You coat the sand grains with pepper somehow. (Not sure about this stage, maybe just wetting the sand with pepper solution and drying?)

Perhaps it just needs the sand grains being made very very slightly sticky to hold fine dry pepper prik pon.

Then you carry a little open bag on you crossbar. You see some dodgy dogs coming up and you simply scoop out a handful ready. If any bother you throw the special sand in nice spreading motion. The sand will make it carry. (Now thinking fine metallic granules for extra range. I reckon just a hint of pepper on each grain is enough....). You always blow the referee's whistle when you attack.

Second or third time you only have to blow the whistle.

Nobel Prize for this?

I think it's eminently do-able and this product could be sold. I'd pay good money for the dog-hell mix in a flapped crossbar bag complete with a couple bits of velcro or plasticated button-studs to hold it on. It could be the stuff they make motorcy macs from so you can weld the seams with heat. Easy.

Edited by cheeryble

As to the pepper spray. I'm concerned it doesn't have the range and is dependent on the air movement. 3 or even 4 metres would be nice.

I have considered having something to give the pepper weight. Perhaps sand.

So you take some sand. You coat the sand grains with pepper somehow. (Not sure about this stage, maybe just wetting the sand with pepper solution and drying?)

Perhaps it just needs the sand grains being made very very slightly sticky to hold fine dry pepper prik pon.

Then you carry a little open bag on you crossbar. You see some dodgy dogs coming up and you simply scoop out a handful ready. If any bother you throw the special sand in nice spreading motion. The sand will make it carry. (Now thinking fine metallic granules for extra range. I reckon just a hint of pepper on each grain is enough....). You always blow the whistle ready in your mouth when you attack.

Next time you only have to blow the whistle.

Nobel Prize for this?

I pray for wind to blow the other direction and come right into your face !

Are you 12 years old?

gosh!............ how can a 12 year old girl thinks and writes that much?.:annoyed:

sense it..........BIG fool o' the day!!!!

see the world only half vision!?

3 is yours, init? grow up dude..

Edited by dunkin2012

Are you 12 years old?

gosh!............ how can a 12 year old girl thinks and writes that much?.:annoyed:

sense it..........BIG fool o' the day!!!!

see the world only half vision!?

3 is yours, init? grow up dude..

When I was 12 I may have believed in things like animals using telepathy, and I could probably write that much too. When I grew up and learned a little about reality I stopped believing such childish things. I think most people follow the same path. I don't know any adults that voice such nonsense, hence my comment.

No offense if English is not your first language, but your post is a little difficult to decipher, init.

When I was 12 I may have believed in things like animals using telepathy, and I could probably write that much too. When I grew up and learned a little about reality I stopped believing such childish things. I think most people follow the same path. I don't know any adults that voice such nonsense, hence my comment.

No offense if English is not your first language, but your post is a little difficult to decipher, init.

It is exactly why we lose the ability of telepathy. Adults tells us it's nonsense. You should not have listen to them, it's quite difficult to re-learn.