GoFund.me with a twist

Confuscious

23 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Yesterday I was chatting with a Thai girl friend, when she came up with her new "Money making" scheme.
I did hear already of many different schemes to make money from her before, but this was completely new.
She got it from another girl.

The trick was to send a message to her friends, asking to "loan" 500 or 1,000 Baht.
She showed me her bank account, specialy made for this "loan" and she had gathered already almost 250,000 Baht.
Amount which would equal to 250 friends giving her 1,000 Baht.

Her Facebook friends only amounted to 6,253 "Friends".
Not counting other Social Media channels.

When I asked her how she would pay that back, she simply laughed and answerred "Do you ever get money back from a Thai?"
Are they going to the cops or to a lawyer for 500 or 1000 baht?

If you get a message from a friend asking to loan 500 or 1000 Baht, don't fall for it.

My thought was my offering to be the beneficiary of faring funds here in Thailand for those without anyone, in particular, to leave their remaining funds. They could claim to have helped creat a millionaire!!! All I need is the additional $500K usd equivalent.

On 6/23/2024 at 4:45 AM, Confuscious said:

Yesterday I was chatting with a Thai girl friend, when she came up with her new "Money making" scheme.
I did hear already of many different schemes to make money from her before, but this was completely new.
She got it from another girl.

The trick was to send a message to her friends, asking to "loan" 500 or 1,000 Baht.
She showed me her bank account, specialy made for this "loan" and she had gathered already almost 250,000 Baht.
Amount which would equal to 250 friends giving her 1,000 Baht.

Her Facebook friends only amounted to 6,253 "Friends".
Not counting other Social Media channels.

When I asked her how she would pay that back, she simply laughed and answerred "Do you ever get money back from a Thai?"
Are they going to the cops or to a lawyer for 500 or 1000 baht?

If you get a message from a friend asking to loan 500 or 1000 Baht, don't fall for it.

I did not fall for it. My Nigerian prince will take care of me.....🤗

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I did not fall for it. My Nigerian prince will take care of me.....🤗

This "scam" is diiferent from the Nigerian scams
First, the amount of money they talk about is very low compared to the Nigerian scams.
Second, they ask to loan a low amount of money from people in their own friend circle.
Mostly "Friends or Followers" in their Social Media circle.

Although the asked sum of money is very low, it can easily grow to very profitable amounts.
But the friends circle may go down to Zero with that Scam.