Violence Erupts Outside LA Synagogue Amid Clashes & Attacks on Jews

Social Media

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Jewish people have never had a goal to wipe out non Jewish people or convert them.  Your comment is ridiculous.

Is Netanyahu and his right wing ultranationalist cabinet, who are being charged with war crimes by the ICC and ICC, Jewish, or do they represent a Jewish state?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've never said Jews never lived there. 

In fairness you have admitted that Jews have continuously lived there for thousands of years, yet you do go on to suggest that does not count.

Yet the Muslims, who arrived by conquest a little under one thousand years ago should be the deciding factor? And the Palastinian Arabs who only emerged as a coherent society or political entity with the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire post World War 1 inherit that mantle.

You also omit to mention that the political reality is that those ruling over that Palestinian Arabs/Muslim people (certainly in the case of Gaza, and inevitably when the corruption within the PLO administration in the West Bank topples it) is implacably opposed to the existence of Israel, and proclaims the need to kill them (whisper it quietly, but that is advocating for genocide!).

Ironically, another political reality, the powerhouse behind these Arab Muslim Palestinians is another country, a fair way away, and which is itself not Arab but distinctively Aryan! Iran.

They have already effectively taken control of Lebanon, and large swathes of Syria. Their ambition extends southwards fired by an implacable hatred of Jews. I would also be a bit nervous actually if I was Turkey, although their (Turkey's) current government thinks it can play them off, their dalliance with Putin's Russia may have weaker their hand somewhat!

Israel is certainly central to the whole region. If (which I don't think will happen) it is destroyed, there will not only be a pitiless genocide on a scale even greater than the Holocaust, but massive instability and savage warfare throughout that part of the World. 

Food for thought!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

In fairness you have admitted that Jews have continuously lived there for thousands of years, yet you do go on to suggest that does not count.

Yet the Muslims, who arrived by conquest a little under one thousand years ago should be the deciding factor? And the Palastinian Arabs who only emerged as a coherent society or political entity with the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire post World War 1 inherit that mantle.

I never said that it doesn't count. I simply said, "saying that they were continuously native to the area in large numbers oversimplifies history". 

Unlike many opinioned posters here, I have no skin in this game, I'm not American, Jewish, Israel, Arab, nor Muslim; I don't know why you use the term, "admitted". 

I never mentioned Muslims, I was talking about Palestinians, who have been there for as long as the Jews. I know many of the Arabs converted to Islam in the last 1,500 years or so, but their ancestors, who obv weren't Muslim as it didn't exist, were there thousands of years before. 

They should share the land, but Israel refuse to entertain that idea, hence the animosity against them. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I never said that it doesn't count. I simply said, "saying that they were continuously native to the area in large numbers oversimplifies history". 

Unlike many opinioned posters here, I have no skin in this game, I'm not American, Jewish, Israel, Arab, nor Muslim; I don't know why you use the term, "admitted". 

I never mentioned Muslims, I was talking about Palestinians, who have been there for as long as the Jews. I know many of the Arabs converted to Islam in the last 1,500 years or so, but their ancestors, who obv weren't Muslim as it didn't exist, were there thousands of years before. 

They should share the land, but Israel refuse to entertain that idea, hence the animosity against them. 

No. Arabs have not been in Israel as long as the Jews!

I'm fine with accepting that BOTH Jews and Arabs are indigenous "enough" to the area, but there is no need to LIE about the history as you are. 

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. Arabs have not been in Israel as long as the Jews!

I'm fine with accepting that BOTH Jews and Arabs are indigenous "enough" to the area, but there is no need to LIE about the history as you are. 

I am not lying. 

Israel is less than 80 years old, what are you talking about?

Is Netanyahu and his right wing ultranationalist cabinet, who are being charged with war crimes by the ICC and ICC, Jewish, or do they represent a Jewish state?

Hamas, the terrorists who started this mess and still are holding hostages, are labeled terrorists since day 1.  And you must be a believer in Islam. Don't bother replying.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total distortion of what we were talking about. The sleaze level is stunning.

Explain what you mean when you said I am lying about the fact that Palestinians/arabs have been in the area as long as Jews.

Also, no need to resort to personal 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That is a great idea. At present, the Arab League is about 13,000,000 sq. km. with a population of 480 million. Israel is about 22,000 sq. km. with a population of 8 million. Tell me how much more "sharing" Israel needs to do! You would think there is enough space in the Arab League for the palestinian refugees. Much like Israel found space for the Jewish refugees who were booted out of the Arab League. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

That is a great idea. At present, the Arab League is about 13,000,000 sq. km. with a population of 480 million. Israel is about 22,000 sq. km. with a population of 8 million. Tell me how much more "sharing" Israel needs to do! You would think there is enough space in the Arab League for the palestinian refugees. Much like Israel found space for the Jewish refugees who were booted out of the Arab League. 

You know very well that Israel was given plenty of land for their own state in 1948.  

The Jewish community accepted the plan, while the Arab community and surrounding Arab states rejected it.

Israel started a war in 1967 and captured additional territories, including the West Bank, East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, and the Golan Heights.

The only way I can see for peace is for Israel to give the land back to the pre 1967 borders, stop the blockade and control of Gaza, and of course let Palestinian prisoners go, well the ones that haven't had any trial(over 1,000).

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You know very well that Israel was given plenty of land for their own state in 1948.  

The Jewish community accepted the plan, while the Arab community and surrounding Arab states rejected it.

Israel started a war in 1967 and captured additional territories, including the West Bank, East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, and the Golan Heights.

The only way I can see for peace is for Israel to give the land back to the pre 1967 borders, stop the blockade and control of Gaza, and of course let Palestinian prisoners go, well the ones that haven't had any trial(over 1,000).

Plenty of land? Jordan alone is 4 times the size. Egypt is 45 times the size.  Israel is 1/6 the size of England. Plenty of land...

Israel can give the land back when the Arab League gives back the property of the nearly 1 million Jews who were driven out of their ancient homes in their countries.  

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

And zero concessions for Hamas? You're happy for Hamas to continue ruling in Gaza once your astonishingly fair (not one-sided at all) peace deal is in place? 🤦‍♂️

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

What has the Arab league land got to do with the 1947 Partition plan?

This was splitting British Palestine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

As you can see from the map, Israel got most of it.

The plan's detractors considered the proposed plan to be pro-Zionist, with 56%[9] of the land allocated to the Jewish state although the Palestinian Arab population numbered twice the Jewish population.

230px-UN_Palestine_Partition_Versions_1947.jpg

Zionist military forces expelled at least 750,000 Palestinians from their homes and lands and captured 78 percent of historic Palestine. The remaining 22 percent was divided into what are now the occupied West Bank and the besieged Gaza Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/15/nakba-mapping-palestinian-villages-destroyed-by-israel-in-1948

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:30 PM, newbee2022 said:

There is nothing to figure.

Just use common sense.

I wrote today a lot about this conflict. Read it.

Killings don't create peace but negotiations.

Here: UN peace force, free elections and international conference about future borders. Some countries did the 1. Step to acknowledge a state of Palestine.

So, Israel should have started negotiating with Hamas, right after 7th Oct?   There is a UN 'peace-keeping force (UNIFIL) between Israel & Lebanon.    Are they doing ANYTHING to stop the fighting there???   There was a UN peace-keeping in the Sinai prior to the 1967 Six-Day War but they soon disappeared just before the war started.   The UN decided on land-borders between Israel & an Arab State in 1947.   The Israeli's accepted those borders but the Arabs started the 1948 War of Independence.    Have you seen ANY proposals from Hamas or the PA (in the West Bank), as to what borders they would 'accept'?   I've only seen the Hamas Charter, where they say they want all the land between the River Jordan & the Mediterranean & kill all the Jews that are there now.   Some wars, which do kill people, do create peace e.g. WWII.

There certainly isn't an easy answer to the problem but it's not only that Israel must accept a Palestinian state, the Palestinians must accept an Israeli/Jewish state.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What has the Arab league land got to do with the 1947 Partition plan?

This was splitting British Palestine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

As you can see from the map, Israel got most of it.

The plan's detractors considered the proposed plan to be pro-Zionist, with 56%[9] of the land allocated to the Jewish state although the Palestinian Arab population numbered twice the Jewish population.

230px-UN_Palestine_Partition_Versions_1947.jpg

Zionist military forces expelled at least 750,000 Palestinians from their homes and lands and captured 78 percent of historic Palestine. The remaining 22 percent was divided into what are now the occupied West Bank and the besieged Gaza Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/15/nakba-mapping-palestinian-villages-destroyed-by-israel-in-1948

Quoting from Al-Jazeera is a joke in the 1st place.   They are a mouthpiece of Qatar Govt. which hosts the Hamas leadership.   The war which they refer to above, known as the Israeli War of Independence was NOT started by Israel but by the Arab states which wouldn't agree to the land-split as suggested by the UN.   

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Quoting from Al-Jazeera is a joke in the 1st place.   They are a mouthpiece of Qatar Govt. which hosts the Hamas leadership.

That is a matter of opinion. 

Do you think it is any different from quoting the Times of Israel, for example? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greenhill said:

The UN decided on land-borders between Israel & an Arab State in 1947.   The Israeli's accepted those borders but the Arabs started the 1948 War of Independence

Do you know the isralies got a higher percentage of land despite being half the number of Palestinians? (See my Wikipedia link above) , of course they accepted it at the time, but as time went on they wanted more, starting the 1967 war. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you know the isralies got a higher percentage of land despite being half the number of Palestinians? (See my Wikipedia link above) , of course they accepted it at the time, but as time went on they wanted more, starting the 1967 war. 

The Palestinians want ALL the land for themselves .

That desire has caused all the wars between the two 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That is a matter of opinion. 

Do you think it is any different from quoting the Times of Israel, for example? 

You did not give your opinion and why? Typical avoidance, same thing you do with having so many members on ignore.

Times of Israel. No money from terrorist supporters. No employment of terrorists or previous contributors who held hostages. Independent, no particular political leanings. Critical of Israeli politics on many issues. High credibility rating on https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/times-of-israel/

Your turn for Al Jaz.....................

Here I will start you off with a few.

Al Jazeera’s Terrorist Ties and the Controversy Over Its Operations

Al Jazeera journalist reportedly moonlights as Hamas commander claims IDF

Israeli Forces Rescue Hostages, Held By Al Jazeera & Palestine Chronicle Journalist

Exposing What Others Prefer to Hide The Dismal State of Hamas Propoganda by Media