BYD Oh what a feeling, thrown under the bus.

Just now, Lacessit said:

JHC, you really must bruise yourself jumping to conclusions. My 45 years experience was in Australia, in diverse fields such as detergents, polymers, glass, mining and steel.

I did work here in Thailand as a technical consultant for some weeks, it was one of the experiences influencing my decision to retire here.

yeah right.. you want a gold star ?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

If people stop making stupid, factual inaccurate statements about EVs they will find my replies less demeaning 

IIRC you claimed EV batteries did not contain environmentally toxic elements such as nickel, cobalt, fluorine and aluminium.

It doesn't matter which source I go to, Google or Gemini, this is what I get:

Here's a table summarizing the typical elemental composition of a Li-ion battery:

Component Elements
Anode Lithium (Li), Carbon (C)
Cathode Lithium (Li), Cobalt (Co), Nickel (Ni), Manganese (Mn), Aluminum (Al)
Electrolyte Lithium (Li), Fluorine (F), Carbon (C)
Separator Carbon (C) (polypropylene)
Current Collectors

Copper (Cu), Aluminum (Al)

True, LiFePO4 batteries do not have the NMC cathode. However, they still have environmentally toxic fluorine in the electrolyte, plus aluminium and phosphorus.

IMO your claim in the face of that evidence is stupid and factually inaccurate.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

You are completely failed to provide any evidence to support that supposition. 
Looking at this discussion you will see that EV owners are fact fanatics faced with all the negative nonsense that is thrown at EVs.

You failed again. All EV owners have also been ICE owners we have lived with both and know the strength and weaknesses of both. ICE supporters are completely ignorant about EVs. All they know is second hand views reinforcing their prejudices.

I have given up noisy, slow, smelly transportation for the future. My EVs  are practically free to own, I charge them from excess solar power after my house is powered. I have 8 years of free servicing, almost zero road tax. Oh don’t forget the sub 4 seconds 0-100km

Those are rational practical reasons.

If people stop making stupid, factual inaccurate statements about EVs they will find my replies less demeaning 

Sure - no problems - up to you - good luck.

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Yeah right, we all know what environmental warriors the Chinese are, given they are building 95% of new coal-fired generators.

Have you petitioned your government to stop mining and selling coal?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

45yrs in the lithium battery industry.

The room suddenly fills with the stench of bullsh!t.

Where has he claimed 45 years in the lithium battery industry?

Perhaps you should go on an English language trading and comprehension course for slow reading and not speed reading, starting with your own post and try to find the word lithium battery in his post.

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Have you petitioned your government to stop mining and selling coal?

AFAIK the Australian government does not mine and sell coal, private enterprise does after environmental approvals.

I don't waste my time doing things that are pointless, except perhaps responding to trolls on ASEAN.

• Agree 1