Another Jail Sentence for Holocaust Denier “Nazi Grandma”

Social Media

49 minutes ago, connda said:

If she was in the US she could voice her opinion regarding the Holocaust without fear of being thrown into prison. 

I find that countries who don't hold the tenets of Freedom of Speech to be more of a threat to humanity then the Holocaust-denying elderly woman.  So Germany is embracing Totalitarianism by being as intolerant as were the Fascists and the Nazis and the Communists and all the other intolerant "-isms" in the world. 

Throwing a 95 year old elderly woman in prison for an opinion.  That's really needless as well as heartless.  That could pretty much end up being a death sentence for her.  Will throwing her in prison change her mind?  No.  It just attempts to shut her up.   

Its that old question , should Nazis and other extremists who would silence all other opinions by force, be allowed to air their opinion  ?

Should Nazis be freely allowed to gain power again and have another Holocaust, or should they be stopped before they gain power ?

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Should all Holocaust deniers be imprisoned for their belief?

Seems that this question was already answered and now we're on the full implementation phase.

I met those who were extreme deniers, those who would go berserk even for the smallest doubt and those in between. Never cared less. Freedom of speech yields "freedom of attention".

How hard to switch the channel and ignore?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

That's not a different opinion. Denying the Holocaust is in Germany a criminal offense by Law and especial in her age she should know it better. But she is still a fan of Hitler.

One guy back in 600 killed thousands. He has millions of fans. Why aren't they jailed then? Germany is a nutbag nation.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

I may disagree with her, but I'd fight for her right to express her views. 

Well, that's the difference between living in a Neo-Totalitarian state and living in a country in which Freedom of Speech is enshrined in a constitution.  Throwing people into prison for opinions is paving the road to Hell.  Personally I wouldn't live in Germany.  I don't like totalitarians anymore than I like Nazis.  They both suck. 

Germany is not a totalitarian state.

You seem to be arguing in favour of absolute Freedom of Speech? What about a scenario whereby Person A states, "All Jews are evil. Evil has no place in our country". Clearly this is factually incorrect as all Jews are not evil. However, Person B kills a Jew and when questioned states that he did so because he wanted to rid the country of evil and was influenced by Person A's words.

Obviously, Person B is guilty of a crime but what about Person A? Should they be absolved of all responsibility and accountability? Are crimes which are a direct by-product of a person's words to be considered an acceptable price to pay for absolute Freedom of Speech?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

You seem to be arguing in favour of absolute Freedom of Speech? What about a scenario whereby Person A states, "All Jews are evil. Evil has no place in our country". Clearly this is factually incorrect as all Jews are not evil. However, Person B kills a Jew and when questioned states that he did so because he wanted to rid the country of evil and was influenced by Person A's words.

Obviously, Person B is guilty of a crime but what about Person A? Should they be absolved of all responsibility and accountability? Are crimes which are a direct by-product of a person's words to be considered an acceptable price to pay for absolute Freedom of Speech?

I'd go with freedom of speech. 

I don't think it should be illegal to say anything. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Free speech has its limits in all Countries .

Free speech doesn't give you the right to lie and abuse other groups of peopke .

Some people just don't get what free speech means

So if I say Stalin didnt kill anyone I should go to jail? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RayC said:

So then you would have to jail the makers of video games and movies. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1