Pattaya (Jomtien) Speed Test

dddave

I'm paying TOT for  300 mbps service.  Today I did 3 separate speed test.  Download 96mbps, upload 110mbps.  Unusual upload faster than download.  Anybody else having a problem running YouTube smoothly?  I'm aware of the supposed cable sabotage issues.  Connection was via Singapore. 

Just now, dddave said:

I'm paying TOT for  300 mbps service.  Today I did 3 separate speed test.  Download 96mbps, upload 110mbps.  Unusual upload faster than download.  Anybody else having a problem running YouTube smoothly?  I'm aware of the supposed cable sabotage issues.  Connection was via Singapore. 

What are you paying for that? 3BB 1GB is around B700, i pay 630, but had it for a while and they never have increased original cost

Speed has dropped recently, only getting around 300 mbps

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

96 Mbps should run YouTube smoothly 😊 

9 hours ago, Seppius said:

What are you paying for that? 3BB 1GB is around B700, i pay 630, but had it for a while and they never have increased original cost

Speed has dropped recently, only getting around 300 mbps

With TOT in Pattaya you have to pay the year up-front, no month to month billing. IRRC, 300mbps was under B4000/12 months so somewhere a bit above B300/m

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Using a VPN?

Or testing to a Singapore server?

Which speed test?

Not using a VPN.  Just searched speed test, picked 3 and ran them.  All came out very close to the same and each specified Singapore server.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you ever got 300mbps? it depends on device used and whether WiFi or ethernet.

I have 3BB 500mbps but i only get up to 250mbps, not an issue even 20mbps works fine

Prior to the reported Red Sea Cable sabotage I was usually getting above 300mbps, sometimes close to 400.