Chiang Mai Immigration Queue Online Not Working

acepredator

Every year I go to the Chiang Mai Immigration website and book a date and time to extend my retirement visa. This year, it seems, the queue online function is not working the same as in previous years. There have always been some available time slots within three months, usually in the afternoon at 1:00 or 2:30. This year, however, there are no available time slots at all, going as far as October 31st. Earlier this week the website was down for about 24 hours. I need to extend my visa in October and would like to book a date and time as early as possible, but as of this writing that doesn't seem possible. Has anyone else had the same problem trying to book a time slot to extend their retirement visa? The website I go to is cmimm.net, which ultimately takes me to the following website:  https://outlook.office365.com/book/[email protected]/

Does anyone know if there is another way to book a date and time for visa extension other than using the website mentioned above? I certainly don't want to go back to showing up at Chiang Mai Immigration at 05:30 in the morning to be number one in the queue. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated, not only by me but also by anyone else having a similar problem. Thanks very much in advance. 

The online appointment calendar only goes out 90 days and usually is 99%+ full.  Only thing I can suggest is to go online at 1 minute after midnight exactly 90 days prior to the date you'd like....and hopefully you ought to be able to find an open slot or two.  When they had their prior appointment website a few years back, all of the appointment times for the 90th day out usually are gone (filled up) within an hour of midnight.

You have the right/only url for the CM appointment website.

27 minutes ago, CMBob said:

The online appointment calendar only goes out 90 days and usually is 99%+ full.  Only thing I can suggest is to go online at 1 minute after midnight exactly 90 days prior to the date you'd like....and hopefully you ought to be able to find an open slot or two.  When they had their prior appointment website a few years back, all of the appointment times for the 90th day out usually are gone (filled up) within an hour of midnight.

You have the right/only url for the CM appointment website.

Thanks very much for your reply. I have done exactly as you stated, which is to log-on to the website at precisely midnight and book a time slot only a few seconds later. This system has worked flawlessly up until my last extension last October. If you count today as day 1, then October 1st will be 90 days later. Tonight at midnight I will be on the Immigration website to see if there are time slots available, as has always been the case in the past. If there are no slots at one second after midnight, then something is not functioning properly. 

7 hours ago, CMBob said:

Just looked at midnight.....see a few slots open for October 3rd only.

Edit:  Am guessing you don't include today (July 5th) in the count and then October 3rd is the 90th day out.

I forgot to check at midnight, but even this morning there was still one slot left on October 3rd, which I was able to book. I was wrong about the website not working. I just needed to be more diligent and to pay more attention to detail. Thanks  for taking the time to reply. 

10 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Maybe I should make something where you fill in your details upfront and a desired date, then it checks it + books it at midnight every day >< Would be like < 1 hour work to make.

I'm afraid that wouldn't work. You can only book a single time slot. If you attempted to book a second time slot, the slot that you had already booked would automatically be deleted and made available to somebody else. 

2 hours ago, acepredator said:

I'm afraid that wouldn't work. You can only book a single time slot. If you attempted to book a second time slot, the slot that you had already booked would automatically be deleted and made available to somebody else. 

That is no issue for my skill level of programming lol, I could essentially fk them if i wanted too + book all every day. Then none of you would ever get an appointment again lol. I'm not joking here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That is no issue for my skill level of programming lol, I could essentially fk them if i wanted too + book all every day. Then none of you would ever get an appointment again lol. I'm not joking here.

Wow!!! That's very scary. Why would you want to make life difficult for the foreigners who live here and need to extend their visas every year? The people who need to book appointments never did anything to hurt you, did they? 

Also, I assume the Thai authorities would consider what you're suggesting to be a serious computer-related crime. With your superior programming skills presumably they wouldn't be able to apprehend you. But what if the police are more clever than you think? The best case scenario is that you'd be fined, deported, and blacklisted for at least five years. The worst case would be that you'd spend time in a Thai prison, which, from what I've read, are not very nice places to find yourself. Would it really be worth it? We know what the risks are, but what would the possible benefits be? What would you stand to gain? Why not just live your life in peace and let other people live theirs? Is that such a bad idea? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, acepredator said:

Wow!!! That's very scary. Why would you want to make life difficult for the foreigners who live here and need to extend their visas every year? The people who need to book appointments never did anything to hurt you, did they? 

Also, I assume the Thai authorities would consider what you're suggesting to be a serious computer-related crime. With your superior programming skills presumably they wouldn't be able to apprehend you. But what if the police are more clever than you think? The best case scenario is that you'd be fined, deported, and blacklisted for at least five years. The worst case would be that you'd spend time in a Thai prison, which, from what I've read, are not very nice places to find yourself. Would it really be worth it? We know what the risks are, but what would the possible benefits be? What would you stand to gain? Why not just live your life in peace and let other people live theirs? Is that such a bad idea? 

Maybe read again, I said if i wanted to, I could. And no that is not a computer crime, as long each reservation would be for someone who goes. And even then it would just be the abuse of such system and impossible to trace back. All I wanted to make clear to you is that it is possible. Secondly many agents do this abroad, hence it is so hard to get appointments in like Vientiene etc etc.

The government has no interest in improving it, if they wanted to do that, they already had a fool proof and good working system to begin with. Using 2FA based on for example a phone SMS would already solve it for the most part.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1