Chill.....!!!!!

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

😋 The Aussies won't like that.

Much of your successes/inventions are borrowed (or had a helping hand) from the Brits or Germans... the nuke enrichment, von Braun in the rocket, examples. Look in the history books for who did what.

Young Einstein from Tasmania split the beer atom and put the bubbles back in beer

On 7/4/2024 at 5:12 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

If you want to know what TAKE FIVE meant, back in the day, then just listen.

These two recordings are not the same.

Anyway, when I was young, I switched between Jazz and Underground Rock, on WMMR in Philly.

Those were the days....

I used to lie on my bed at night, just listening to WMMR, WWDB, using my HI-FI, with a tuner and an amplifier, and some decent speakers.

Late at night on WMMR, you could get some really great underground music.

Most reading these words do not know what underground music might have meant, back in the day.

It just meant:  The good stuff not available on AM Radio, that most people listened to in their cars, driving to pick up their laundry or buy groceries, or driving to the Country Club.

Very few people, then, knew much about underground music.

Even crappy music from Dylan, then, was not considered to be underground.

In case you do not know, WMMR was FAR different from what it now might be.

Wonderful DJs on WMMR, maybe back around 1967, or 1968....before we lost our freedom of the airwaves to the conglomerates....haha.

Now, all this stuff on YouTube really SUCKS....because.....

Why?

I know why.

Why should I even care to tell you why?

Regards....

Note:  Almost nothing to live for, these days, now that the arts have deteriorated, so far.....

Nobody likes Jackson Pollock, either...even though....

I do not know why.

They think he was just throwing around paint, without any purpose, or direction.

They know not much, obviously....

image.png.08936b7bd8132549b99fad0e83955761.png

I have no patience for NITWITS....

Was  WWDB an AM station back then?   

On 7/6/2024 at 8:58 PM, daveAustin said:

😋 The Aussies won't like that.

Much of your successes/inventions are borrowed (or had a helping hand) from the Brits or Germans... the nuke enrichment, von Braun in the rocket, examples. Look in the history books for who did what.

And who put it all together?  Your welcome.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:58 AM, Pickwick said:

Armstrong would not be the man he was without the influence and upbringing by his parents. Bill Gates couldn't have invented anything without the other guys.

You missed my point entirely. You seem dismissive of the rest of the world -  not just Australia. I lived for the best part a decade in the USA and it is a curious attitude I sometimes encountered there (but by no means displayed by all Americans); it does you no favours.

And why didn’t these other people achieve the results as the USC’s and have the honor of giving their country credit?

Influence is great but it all boils down to the individual making the achievement 

On 7/6/2024 at 2:10 PM, save the frogs said:

if australia had 300 million people, then it would be different.

“If australia had 300 million people, then it would be different.”

lol.  Population had nothing to with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, G_Money said:

And why didn’t these other people achieve the results as the USC’s and have the honor of giving their country credit?

That you think Babbage, Bell, Daimler, Faraday and Fleming etc. have not achieved anything is an indictment of your education, not a discredit to their countries. The USA is a great country but there are many great countries; why you are so desperate to prove the former but disparage the latter is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

That you think Babbage, Bell, Daimler, Faraday and Fleming etc. have not achieved anything is an indictment of your education, not a discredit to their countries. The USA is a great country but there are many great countries; why you are so desperate to prove the former but disparage the latter is beyond me.

Agreed there other good countries.

I was originally referring to an, in my opinion an aging Aussie Donk badmouthing the USA as Yankee Trash.

We saved there as- in WW2 and the majority of Australians appreciate that.

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

I was originally referring to an, in my opinion an aging Aussie Donk badmouthing the USA as Yankee Trash.

Fair enough if that's what you thought - but I read it as a critique of Jackson Pollock's art and not the USA as a whole! My point then was you could defend Pollock without disparaging the works of Picasso, Monet and more than the scream Munch (though Pollock could not have painted what he did without having been aware of the centuries of art before him). Or, you could have rightly pointed out that if a Jackson Pollock original is American trash then how much are your trashcans worth 🙂 No need to start bashing all of Australia.

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

We saved there as- in WW2 and the majority of Australians appreciate that.

I appreciate the sentiment too but the delivery might rile some people, seeing as many Australians died in WW2 and without their sacrifice the war might also have been lost. I'm neither American nor Australian but I cringe when I hear British people talking about saving the French etc. when many French also died, a lot of them bravely as members of the resistance. As far as I recall our soldiers all fought together, on the same side.

An alliance of many countries assured victory in WW2. Granted, it could be fairly argued that without the intervention of the USA there may have been a different outcome, but that is speculation, and it only serves to belittle the efforts and the memory of those non-Americans who sacrificed their lives - many millions of them. Everyone in my country - and I am sure in Australia - will never forget the intervention or sacrifice of the American soldiers either. (This does not, however, disqualify us from constructive criticism of America and Americans, seeing as we live in a globalised world. Though, I do acknowledge that is a general point and 'yankee trash' was not constructive!)