Do you prefer Kellogg's or Nestle Corn Flakes

On 7/5/2024 at 12:14 PM, n00dle said:

Millions of grown men eat cereal because American advertising has bombarded them since the Kelloggs invented the over-processed abomination in the late 1800s.

Cereal, above all other things American, is an example of how you can deceive an entire nation with advertising lies. The whole cereal industry is as bad as tobacco, worse in that it targets children specifically with its ads and over-sugared, nearly toxic products.

The introduction of things like cereal and other American processed foods into the Thai diet is one of the reasons so many Thais these days are obese. 

None of Earth's living cultures embrace a diet of highly processed complex carbohydrates for breakfast or any other meal.  

People are willing to delude themselves that it is good for them because it is convenient.  

Like I mentioned to GG, I've been into nutrition for over 50 years, and rarely eat anything that's considered junk food, including those I mentioned. You need to read labels before you eat anything, let alone cereal, and there are many healthy cereals around. If you study nutrition, you already know what the government, the sugar companies, and other food manufacturers are allowed to do, including insect parts in grain products. Cereal is not the reason Thais are getting fatter .It's again, the extra sugar in some cereals, along with the sugar laden drinks sold everywhere, the snacks they give to kids as meals, and this , along with all the daily rice, is why they are gaining so much weight. Read labels, educate, then post. Makes it a lot easier to take one seriously when they aren't following other's opinions and go by facts.

On 7/5/2024 at 6:10 PM, save the frogs said:

I'm not getting dragged into another health debate, but all I can say is watch out for fake science funded by Kellogg's and General Mills

Those companies are of course selling millions of boxes of sugar laden cereals because they know much of the general public doesn't understand or care what they eat or give their children. The kids like Frosted Flakes the parents buy them, not thinking that they are giving a child more sugar with one meal than they need all day. They also sell healthy cereals to keep the health conscious people buying. Just as McDonalds offers healthy choices but 90% of their sales are unhealthy products, it gets the health conscious parent in there to buy for themselves and the crapola for the kids.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

OOPS wrong topic which it was but I'll add this anyway:

On 7/5/2024 at 5:43 AM, jerrymahoney said:
Well most days I start my my 4 AM with brewed coffee and granola cereal. Just like some serial topic starters start every morning with a new topic.

To which N00dle replied : It doesn't get any funnier, even if you explain it again and again. 

Do you prefer Kellogg's or Nestle Corn Flakes
n00dle replied to jerrymahoney's topic in Western Food in Thailand

explain it again mate, four more times and i promise ill laugh

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 7/5/2024 at 1:49 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

American breakfast cereal is the MOST DISGUSTING garbage that anyone would wish to stuff in their pie hole.

Where/How did this disgusting habit originate?

200 years ago, we had never heard of it.

Kellogg's garbage is just pure garbage, anyway you look at it.

Why not just have a steak and a few eggs for breakfast?

Also, milk for breakfast?

Think of all that lactose!

I mean, I would not mind milk for breakfast, if I could get it from my GF, directly.

No!

My idea of a nice breakfast is something like Lamb Vindaloo 

image.png.19071035cdf16271ac17a0f2c0536af3.png

or...just STEAK

image.png.b265b02b56c87e0c8a428e9bf9bf1447.png

This is why I LOVE China, so much....

In China, at least three decades ago, before Kellogg began ads there, then we had decent breakfast fare.

Now, with all the ads from AMERICA, Asian breakfast is turning to vomitus.....

Let's go back 6 decades....

Even then, the American Breakfast cereals advertised on TV....

Was always just about as appealing as vomitus to me.

It's unhealthy.

It's full of sugar.

Low protein.

And, it tastes like sht, too!

Years ago, I would, instead, just eat leftovers from our dinners, the past evening, such as turkey, roast beef, some kind of hash, or whatever.

Packaged American Breakfast cereals are fit for nothing more than to be flushed down the hopper.

Disgusting!

Oats and youghurt with fruits from garden kicks of my day. 

Cornflakes is made for children, so they will eat in a hurry to send them of to school without any hassle. A bad habit and bad treat on the level of child abuse if you ask me. 

Disgusting and horrible 

22 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Like I mentioned to GG, I've been into nutrition for over 50 years

yes fred, you are an expert in everything, specializing in overstating the obvious.

mansplain it for me a little more why don'tcha -- I don't think you managed to come off as quite patronizing enough.

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Oats and youghurt with fruits from garden kicks of my day. 

Cornflakes is made for children, so they will eat in a hurry to send them of to school without any hassle. A bad habit and bad treat on the level of child abuse if you ask me. 

Disgusting and horrible 

cornflakes go ok with milk, milo. sliced banana and a drizzle of cream on top.

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:

yes fred, you are an expert in everything, specializing in overstating the obvious.

mansplain it for me a little more why don'tcha -- I don't think you managed to come off as quite patronizing enough.

No, actually I feel compelled to explain things because you just don't get it. Those who assume like you usually don't take the time to read, nor comprehend, much of what is written, so they make those assumptions based on their lack of knowledge on a subject or their propensity to believe other's opinions they believe to be true, much like the sheep who follow their herder. Some, like yourself, attack others because someone proved them wrong before, so their agenda is to rebut anything and everything that person writes about. I never said I was an expert in everything. Like most others, I have knowledge on subjects I'm into, like music, psychology, hunting and fishing. That psychology thing helps me to spot those who act a certain way when others say things they disagree with. They just have to rebut someone's research because it doesn't match what they grew up with, even though what they learned might have been based on another person's opinion. Then when that person replies in a way that seems threatening to their massive ego, or low self esteem, they attack with insults. This doesn't help anyone on the forum but shows a severe lack of restraint and common sense, because many others can see through their actions and come to expect more of the same in the future.

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, actually I feel compelled to explain things because you just don't get it. Those who assume like you usually don't take the time to read, nor comprehend, much of what is written, so they make those assumptions based on their lack of knowledge on a subject or their propensity to believe other's opinions they believe to be true, much like the sheep who follow their herder. Some, like yourself, attack others because someone proved them wrong before, so their agenda is to rebut anything and everything that person writes about. I never said I was an expert in everything. Like most others, I have knowledge on subjects I'm into, like music, psychology, hunting and fishing. That psychology thing helps me to spot those who act a certain way when others say things they disagree with. They just have to rebut someone's research because it doesn't match what they grew up with, even though what they learned might have been based on another person's opinion. Then when that person replies in a way that seems threatening to their massive ego, or low self esteem, they attack with insults. This doesn't help anyone on the forum but shows a severe lack of restraint and common sense, because many others can see through their actions and come to expect more of the same in the future.

thanks, Fred, I desperately needed some clarity on that.  

As an aside, that's a quality sentence right there, that is