Wise Transfers from Canada

My Canadian neighbour is always mentioning his transfers take 5-7 days to reach his account in Thailand.  BoM - Wise - BBL.

Does it really take that long or is it something he's doing wrong?

My transfers using Wise from the UK are almost instant! 

4 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Wise from Canada seconds for small amounts, overnight for a few thousand dollars. Same from the US. Your friend is also paying more to transfer from BoM at probably a worse exchange rate.

I transfer via Wise from my CIBC acct twice a month.($1500) Just before month end and the 1st. I select the INTERAC option.I always receive the money to Kbank 20 minutes later.Only one time last month did it take overnight. The fee also has risen lately but still under $20 as opposed to the CIBC $60+ rip off previously.    

I get a good ex rate and am very happy with them so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Madgee said:

My Canadian neighbour is always mentioning his transfers take 5-7 days to reach his account in Thailand.  BoM - Wise - BBL.

Does it really take that long or is it something he's doing wrong?

My transfers using Wise from the UK are almost instant! 

I just did a transfer yesterday thru BMO for 5,000 CAD and it was already deposited into my KBank, I did it as a bill payment as it was $10 cheaper than interac payment. This is the confirmation from Wise
image.png.bf71a425dd4811d630fced349f17efca.png

13 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I transfer via Wise from my CIBC acct twice a month.($1500) Just before month end and the 1st. I select the INTERAC option.I always receive the money to Kbank 20 minutes later.Only one time last month did it take overnight. The fee also has risen lately but still under $20 as opposed to the CIBC $60+ rip off previously.    

I get a good ex rate and am very happy with them so far.

So for transfer you select interact transfer. I was told there is email transfer what is the fee from BOM.

It used to take 1-2 days to transfer money from my US account to my Thai account.  The last 3 months when I do my monthly transfer I get a message stating that it will take longer because my bank account was set up for micodeposits.  It now takes 7 days.  I didn’t change anything but the notice said I should delete my account and set it up again.

23 hours ago, dsj said:

I just did a transfer yesterday thru BMO for 5,000 CAD and it was already deposited into my KBank, I did it as a bill payment as it was $10 cheaper than interac payment. This is the confirmation from Wise
image.png.bf71a425dd4811d630fced349f17efca.png

Thanks for that! 

The guy is hard to convince that it is possible to do it quicker and cheaper. I am aware that he used to use intervac some time ago but always had problems.

I've now discovered he's been doing it wrong anyway. Instead of using the 'send' option he's been using the CAD icon and also the pay by debit card instead of a cheaper option available. He's a little technophobic so pictures is the way to go! Lol. 

Many thanks to all that have made the effort to help him. 

• Like 1

Not Canada, but formerly it was usually 1 day for large amounts from USA. However, this year it's taking a full week (including weekend) on 4 transfers from B100,000 to B330,000. The upside is I'm never in a rush and they're giving the rate I locked in at even if it's gone down. 

2 hours ago, MikeC6 said:

Mine from Canada for 3 years now have regularly taken 1-15 seconds

Mike, If using wise, which option do you use?

:Purpose for transfer?  livingexpenses, long term visa or?

One person used "bill payment" ?