Unruly schoolboy allegedly bullies teacher into quitting job - video

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In a way I understand what you are saying.

But would the kid be like that if the parents would have parented him properly?

I guess the kid is behaving like that because his parents never told him to behave.

The parents are the big problem.

I don't know if there is much hope to adjust the bad behavior of the kid now. But I am pretty sure his parents won't be able, and likely won't be willing to do that.

There is no doubt that he has hugely incompetent parents, or parents who simply don't care, or parents who are people who simply should not have had children, and don't deserve to have children.

However I do believe that a creative teacher can accomplish alot. Having said that, it would require a great deal of ingenuity, and some knowledge of human psychology. Possibly over the head of the average Thai teacher. 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

However I do believe that a creative teacher can accomplish alot. Having said that, it would require a great deal of ingenuity, and some knowledge of human psychology. Possibly over the head of the average Thai teacher. 

And, I guess, possibly the parents would complain about the teacher when the teacher wants to somehow restrict the "creativity" of their child.

And if the parents are some of those (locally) influential people, then I guess the school will be on the parent's side.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And, I guess, possibly the parents would complain about the teacher when the teacher wants to somehow restrict the "creativity" of their child.

And if the parents are some of those (locally) influential people, then I guess the school will be on the parent's side.

And so, the apathy and indifference continues, due to a lack of courage. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And so, the apathy and indifference continues, due to a lack of courage. 

I don't remember the details, but I think I remember I spoke with a teacher in Thailand who had the courage to do something. Nothing serious like hitting the pupil.

And then the parents complained to the head teacher, and they head teacher told the courageous teacher to stop harassing that child. Otherwise he would be fired. Yeah, great. 

I have no idea how often such head teacher would be on the side of the courageous teacher and how often he would be on the side of the parents. Somehow in Thailand it seems courageous behavior is not encouraged. 

• Agree 2

On 7/6/2024 at 1:32 PM, proton said:

Went to a concert at a school in Klong Toey 3 years ago, all the teachers were patrolling the crowd of kids with big sticks, one or two got a whack, and justified. 'Oh no it's never justified to hit a child', it is when they are being little bastards!

Physical abuse is no way to teach a child restraint. It needs to start at home, without abuse. People in Thailand are prone to use weapons because their cowardly ancestors did this to control others. It's been passed down the line and is one reason we see so many ganging up 5 against 1 and running down the street, beating the victim then kicking them while they are down. Absent fathers is one main reason this happens, and moms can't handle boys so they also resort to hitting. Hitting teaches that hitting is the answer. it's only the answer in self defense.

Just 3 days ago I was picking up my daughter in from her class in Grade 1, waiting a few minutes while the teacher (Thai language) was sitting at a table facing three children. My daughter and some others were behind her at their desks. the teacher, while teaching, was carrying a long stick and was smacking the kids when they didn't answer correctly or fast enough. I knew about this illegal behavior (in schools) years ago, seeing mothers carrying sticks in village shops and the clinic, whacking their kids to keep them in line. It's a lazy approach they use instead of taking the child aside and reasoning with them. I'm waiting on the school supervisor to get back to me, because no one will hit my daughter and not pay the price.

Some say spare the rod but that's nonsense. I might have ht my kids a total of 4 times in their (6) lives, and not hard but a slap on the butt. My children always respected me and others. especially elders and also animals. They made mistakes of their own because of their peers influence, but all are doing okay besides one, who lives near her mother, who's a piece of work. Feeding off the mojo.

This child needs to be removed, at least for awhile, and the parents need to understand this behavior doesn't fly, ever. A teacher is hit in the US the child is removed, usually permanently.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't remember the details, but I think I remember I spoke with a teacher in Thailand who had the courage to do something. Nothing serious like hitting the pupil.

And then the parents complained to the head teacher, and they head teacher told the courageous teacher to stop harassing that child. Otherwise he would be fired. Yeah, great. 

I have no idea how often such head teacher would be on the side of the courageous teacher and how often he would be on the side of the parents. Somehow in Thailand it seems courageous behavior is not encouraged. 

Well the reality is that Thailand is a traditional culture, and by virtue of that a very conservative and highly conventional culture, so acting courageous would be considered abnormal, and untypical, and thereby discouraged. In addition attempting to bring a kid into line by using creative methods would probably also be discouraged. 

• Confused 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, snoop1130 said:

2012-2024-07-05T153914.jpg

An ill-mannered eight year old schoolboy allegedly bullied his female teacher into quitting her position at a school in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The Nakhon Si Thammarat Journalists V.3 Facebook page shared a video of the teacher, identified only as Gift, yesterday, July 4, with a caption that read…

“The video shows a student physically assaulting his teacher. The teacher sought justice as this student put pressure on her, destroyed a chair in the classroom, threw multiple objects at her, insulted her with vulgarities, and ignored her orders.”

In the video, the unruly schoolboy in a yellow shirt, later identified as Phet, is seen pushing a plastic chair at the teacher, raising his middle fingers at her, trying to grab her mobile phone, pulling her shirt, and throwing a broomstick and papers at her.

The teacher’s friend, Berm, told Channel 8 that his friend, Gift, had already resigned from her position despite not having a new job to go to. Gift had been teaching at the school for a year but the issue began six months ago.

The impudent child, Phet, bullied Gift in multiple ways both mentally and physically. The little rascal once sneaked a condom into Gift’s bag. Gift told Berm everything, but he could not contact her now after she resigned from the school.

Phet and his family refused to be held accountable, telling Channel 8 that the boy had already apologised to the teacher. The family added they did not know why the videos were shared on social media when the issue was supposedly settled.

Phet claimed that he behaved as shown in the video because the teacher was rude both to him and to other classmates. Phet said the teacher used vulgarities while teaching and insulted students’ parents.

Channel 3 reported that a Facebook user, claiming to be Gift, commented under the video shared by the news Facebook page and asked the page to delete the video.

Each news agency was also unable to contact Gift, so no story from her side was reported.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ไพฑูรย์ อินทศิลา

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Looks like a ordinary day in a Swedish classroom...

a few years back. I was working in a chinese school. There was a boy 9 years old in my class. Every day the chinese teachers complained about this boys behavior. They could not control him. He would throw stuff at the teachers. Throw his chair around the room. Insult and abuse the Chinese teachers. They would even tell me to ignore him because there was a problem with him mentally.

One day in my class he decided to try this. I stormed across the room as loudly and angrily as possible towards him. When i got to him I told him as loudly as possible to come with me. I took him by the hand and forcibly made him go to the hallway with me. He was terrified. I talked to him in a normal tone in the hallway but you could easily see my feeling was not normal. I told him if he did not sit properly in my class, do what he was told, and behave, that i would take him out again and kick his butt all the way down the hall.  He walked back into class in tears ashamed. 

Miraculously,this child began behaving in class and became one of my best students. I met with the father on parents day and the father said the child loved me as his teacher. I was shocked haha. The other Chinese teachers were amazed because this boy still terrorized them in their classes. But was the best behaved in my class. Even my Chinese co-teacher was amazed at the difference in behavior this boy showed in my classes. Needless to say, they wanted to watch my class to see how i managed him and the class. in class I would always make him participate and do what was asked. If he did not i would remind him what would happen. Quietly, so other students would not hear and he would not lose face. Within a month he was walking in and hugging me and his work would be done and would be excited to show me his work was done. 

Some children need a show of strength from an elder. Someone who can make them have a little fear and at the same time be hard with them. I think it is Ok to instill a little fear as long as there is also a show of concern and love and not singling them out. This kid went on to be my best English student in the class. His parents were so proud of him and always so nice to me when we would meet and talk. If i saw a problem, I could count on the parents to support me in my actions. In my eyes, the boy was the same as my own. To treat him with love and discipline the same I would do my own.

As a father of 4 boys and 3 girls. I would never allow a student to walk all over me and disregard my instructions and act so badly. 

This boy in the article maybe just needs someone to be strong and instill a little fear into him. Clearly the teacher was not that person. Show the boy he is really just a little boy and not a child that can scare an adult or be allowed to act so badly.