Malaysia land border visa run

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of any land borders in Malaysia that I can do same day border hop?

I'm currently in Phattalung and want to do my first land border run next week.

Thanks

In Satun cross to Wang Kelian. Tell the officer on Thai side you want to return same day and you will be displayed some digits. Nod, deduct yourself of displayed digits and you shall pass. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Seany25 said:

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of any land borders in Malaysia that I can do same day border hop?

I'm currently in Phattalung and want to do my first land border run next week.

Thanks

I have gone to Pedang Besar on the morning Hat Yai shuttle and come back on the afternoon one.

2 hours ago, wuffe said:

In Satun cross to Wang Kelian. Tell the officer on Thai side you want to return same day and you will be displayed some digits. Nod, deduct yourself of displayed digits and you shall pass. 

Thanks for the reply, I got mixed feedback from other foreigners in this area saying it depends on their mood at Wang Prachan. Sometimes they can say no and it's 6 or 7 hours return journey from Phattalung

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have gone to Pedang Besar on the morning Hat Yai shuttle and come back on the afternoon one.

Pedang Besar would be my number one choice as closest but I was told no chance as they insist on one night. 

What kind of "border fee" did u pay? I don't mind paying up to 3,000 baht but I think they much higher. 

Thanks

There are 13 boundary posts with Malaysia from Thailand but the only I can find for same day return is a possibility at Wang Prachan. Nobody has done review on their experience for at least 3 months. 

I will probably try Wang Prachan on Thursday and update my experience. 

Thanks for the replies

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Seany25 said:

There are 13 boundary posts with Malaysia from Thailand but the only I can find for same day return is a possibility at Wang Prachan. Nobody has done review on their experience for at least 3 months. 

I will probably try Wang Prachan on Thursday and update my experience. 

Thanks for the replies

It’s impossible to get good info on here now. All the senior posters are gone. I want to border run to myanmar but it’s impossible to get info here. I guess I’ll search elsewhere, maybe you should too

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

It’s impossible to get good info on here now. All the senior posters are gone. I want to border run to myanmar but it’s impossible to get info here. I guess I’ll search elsewhere, maybe you should too

With regards to Myanmar, a recent topic on here had up to date info.

At this time, your only Myanmar border run option is Ranong, all the other crossings remain closed (at least for border runs).

21 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

This not true, plenty of people that give advise. The only place at Myanmar side that is open is Ranong. 

21 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Well, with that attitude it's no wonder you get marginal results : 😛

As visarunner correctly stated the ONLY border with Burma that's open is the one you get to thru Ranong Pier going to Kawthaung by boat

All the rest of the borders with burma are closed to foreigners

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Seany25 said:

Pedang Besar would be my number one choice as closest but I was told no chance as they insist on one night. 

What kind of "border fee" did u pay? I don't mind paying up to 3,000 baht but I think they much higher. 

Thanks

You need to check with who told you that on what basis,  you sure they are not talking about the road border?

I have never heard of any "border fee".

If you go by train the immigration is on the platform, I just went through both and then walked over the road to the market area for a few hours.

I was on ME Non O and when I went back through Thai immigration the IO just asked where was my wife. I said her sister was ill and she had to stay at home, IO just smiled and said have a good trip. 

On 7/8/2024 at 5:50 PM, Robert Paulson said:

there is no info to get on Burma crossing as they are all closed except the Anderman sea crossing at Ranong

I was at the Satun Wang Kelian border last week and didn't have to pay a fee to return on the same day.

I currently have a Non-O multiple-entry visa, but before that, I had to pay 1300 baht to return the same day, when I was on Visa Exempt status.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steve187 said:

there is no info to get on Burma crossing as they are all closed except the Anderman sea crossing at Ranong

Well there was a post, for example, about a border crossing near prachuap Kiri khan I am very interested in using. I re upped the post but never got a response. So back to my point about there being no info. The post I’m talking about said they were thinking about reopening that border. I forget the name of the damn border though, and I refuse to try and look for the post. 😂 

17 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Well, with that attitude it's no wonder you get marginal results : 😛

As visarunner correctly stated the ONLY border with Burma that's open is the one you get to thru Ranong Pier going to Kawthaung by boat

All the rest of the borders with burma are closed to foreigners

My last visa run I got on here and read a bunch of info. It was all wrong. It was concerning making a run to cambodian borders. I had to just chance it and hope people were wrong. And they were. I just don’t think the info on here is very good anymore. There are too many people using services, which sorta of skews the information that way (who needs info when you’re gonna use a service?!). I personally believe a bunch of solid posters got run out of this place so the quality of the info is lacking.

• Haha 1

Well there was a post, for example, about a border crossing near prachuap Kiri khan I am very interested in using. I re upped the post but never got a response. So back to my point about there being no info. The post I’m talking about said they were thinking about reopening that border. I forget the name of the damn border though, and I refuse to try and look for the post. 😂 

Singkhon border crossing

Please credit and share this article with others using this link: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2773219/singkhon-crossing-may-be-made-full-time-checkpoint. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Bangkok Post PCL. All rights reserved.

49 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

It was all wrong. It was concerning making a run to cambodian borders. I had to just chance it and hope people were wrong. And they were

Lemme guess you were one of those "I'm gonna save money and bounce myself at Aranyaprathet/PoiPet" people 😮 😛😉

51 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I personally believe a bunch of solid posters got run out of this place so the quality of the info is lacking.

I think given the fact that people might be in different areas here in the glorious ""Land 'O Thaiz" the information might be skewed based on location
BUT
As a rule there are some pretty sharp people on here that consistently give good answers

I mean face it, I'm the smartest foreigner in all of thailand when it comes to entry/visa/extension (if I do say so myself, which I just did 😛 ) so for me to say there are sharp people on here who give good advice means it's definitely
true 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well there was a post, for example, about a border crossing near prachuap Kiri khan I am very interested in using. I re upped the post but never got a response.

There's "no info" because nothing has changed; that border remains closed and has been since Covid.

Sure, we can repeat that answer to each and every poster who asks the same question (and we often do, as it were), but where's the real benefit? You did find existing topics with the correct answer. If and when a border crossing reopens, reports will start to pour in - and you'll find them as well. 

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Lemme guess you were one of those "I'm gonna save money and bounce myself at Aranyaprathet/PoiPet" people 😮 😛😉

I think given the fact that people might be in different areas here in the glorious ""Land 'O Thaiz" the information might be skewed based on location
BUT
As a rule there are some pretty sharp people on here that consistently give good answers

I mean face it, I'm the smartest foreigner in all of thailand when it comes to entry/visa/extension (if I do say so myself, which I just did 😛 ) so for me to say there are sharp people on here who give good advice means it's definitely
true 😉 

No. As I said I did a visa run because I thought the info on here was false. I had to assume that just to do the run. And I didn’t get turned away it was actually a lot easier than people were intimating on here, which was my entire point. 

His place is far from what it used to be. Let’s face it. The way I used to use the forum was drop by every year or so and ask ubon Joe a question via pm. The place is a shell of what it used to be without him. 

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

There's "no info" because nothing has changed; that border remains closed and has been since Covid.

Sure, we can repeat that answer to each and every poster who asks the same question (and we often do, as it were), but where's the real benefit? You did find existing topics with the correct answer. If and when a border crossing reopens, reports will start to pour in - and you'll find them as well. 

Idk where on earth you’re getting all these assumptions from. For all I know one of those borders near prachuap is open. Have you been to all of them? If not, I would def not bet my life on the info being up to the minute on here. You’re way overestimating this place. Ubon Joe used to have his hand on the pulse of all this stuff. Those days are long gone. 

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

Singkhon border crossing

Please credit and share this article with others using this link: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2773219/singkhon-crossing-may-be-made-full-time-checkpoint. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Bangkok Post PCL. All rights reserved.

I hope that border opens up soon. I won’t count on aseannow for the updates info that’s for sure

8 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I hope that border opens up soon. I won’t count on aseannow for the updates info that’s for sure

would be handy but i don't think ii will for  non locals

19 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Idk where on earth you’re getting all these assumptions from. For all I know one of those borders near prachuap is open. Have you been to all of them? If not, I would def not bet my life on the info being up to the minute on here.

Easy, I get that information from a visa run company that used to go to that border when it was still open. It's in their very best interest to stay up to date with this, so I trust their information.

And no, I haven't been to all of those borders myself. Maybe because I'm not a border runner, but if I was, I wouldn't find it difficult to get the information I need. You're just being dramatic, "betting your life" and all. Worst case scenario, you lose a day and a few hundred baht in bus fares. Or you could just use a border that has proven to be a reliable choice for a border run. Or use a visa run service. How difficult can it be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Easy, I get that information from a visa run company that used to go to that border when it was still open. It's in their very best interest to stay up to date with this, so I trust their information.

And no, I haven't been to all of those borders myself. Maybe because I'm not a border runner, but if I was, I wouldn't find it difficult to get the information I need. You're just being dramatic, "betting your life" and all. Worst case scenario, you lose a day and a few hundred baht in bus fares. Or you could just use a border that has proven to be a reliable choice for a border run. Or use a visa run service. How difficult can it be?

What company used to go there. I take it their site is down anyway

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

would be handy but i don't think ii will for  non locals

Things don’t get easier, they only get harder. And don’t even get me started on the entire covid <deleted> ups and fee increases after bs covid

• Like 1
  • Confused 1