Train & Pickup Collision 5 Dead

July 8, 18:30, Police Lieutenant Pitsanupol Yodkrahom, an investigator at Muang Phichit Police Station, reported a tragic accident involving a train and a pickup truck at the railway crossing in Pak Thang Subdistrict, Muang District, Phichit Province. The collision resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries.

Upon investigating the scene, authorities found the northbound Train No. 201, traveling from Bangkok to Phitsanulok, stopped about 50 meters away from the site of the crash. A black Nissan Navara pickup truck, registered in Phichit, was struck by the train and thrown off the tracks. Inside the pickup, three women were found dead on the spot, and four others were injured. Rescue workers transported the injured to Phichit Hospital, where two more women succumbed to their injuries, raising the death toll to five.

Initial investigations revealed that the train had left Phichit Station around 18:00  after its regular passenger stop and was en route to Phitsanulok. At the unguarded railway crossing, the pickup truck attempted to cross the tracks and was hit by the oncoming train, which led to the severe accident.

Train driver Mr. Pinij Waisotikan and train attendant Mr. Nares Mandee recounted that they were departing Phichit Station for Phitsanulok when the pickup truck suddenly crossed the unguarded railway crossing. Despite sounding the train’s horn, the collision was unavoidable.

https://www.fm91bkk.com/newsarticle/33025#google_vignette

Pictures from responders.

IMG_3760.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Brake fail ?

I have a holiday house in Chaochoengsao, I sit facing the front window when online. Our house is about 150 metres from the rail crossing and I have a clear view. There's stops signs, flashing red lights and booms. These morons drive around the boom when it's down and the red lights are flashing. I've seen numerous near collisions, I'm just waiting for a serious incident to happen. There's one train to Pattaya and one return daily. The goods trains in the early hours of the morning are of the greatest concern.

48 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Brake fail ?

More like a brain fail... in a train/car/pickup collussions, the train will always win... 

Unguarded.

Indeed a STOP sign only, nothing else.

Probably crossed without caring about anything? Nice "party" in the cabin, loud music, palaver?

Going towards Beung Phorephet the other day I saw a pick up fly across the rail crossing, all four wheels off the tarmac.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

More like a brain fail... in a train/car/pickup collussions, the train will always win... 

possibly brain fail but the CHIMSL looks to be illuminated which suggests old matey might have been on the brake pedal.

1 minute ago, twizzian said:

Going towards Beung Phorephet the other day I saw a pick up fly across the rail crossing, all four wheels off the tarmac.

They are good for jumping and the driving reason why iam  buying a Raptor !