Business Line Adsl

plek494

I have been reading about a Business Line ADSL and I'm looking to find someone who uses it to sort out the truth. First off assuming my location is accepted for the line, what are the requirements such as documentation and contract wise? Is it true that the line is completely private, guaranteed 99% of line speed is actually download speed? If you have any problems and you call for support they will come within a matter of hours to troubleshoot? And last the prices I have seen for a 512k and 1024k line are about 9k B and 15k B respectively.

I don't use the full business package, but the SME (small and medium enterprise).

Speedwise it's just fine, and this is on a contention ratio of roughly 10 to 1. Customer service however is not better then for home package users. We're talking at a price level of 3500 Baht/month for 1024/512.

Speeds on my package are between 75% and 90% of rated speed, with 90% of the time being pegged at 85%.

One thing to remember, on an ADSL line, the absolute best you'll ever see is 90% of rated speed, for the simple reason that the TCP/IP protocol has overhead. Error correction, IP headers etc. SO even if you're line is actually transferring bits at full speed, 10% of these bits are used for other purposes and not for actual data you might be downloading.

Hence most 1024 kbps packages top out at not much over 850kbps!

At the price level you mention it will still be a shared line, probably 2 to 1. Remember, the raw product (1024 kbps international bandwidth) costs around 24,000 Baht/month for the ISP.

But at that sharing ratio you will have full speed all the time!

Document wise on my ISP (Maxnet, TT&T line) you do not need anything extra, just pay :o

PS, not sure which ISP you are looking at, but most premium providers charge much more then 15KB for a 1024kbps businessline! Not sure they are better though...

http://www.ji-net.com/home/indexget.php?lang=en&pid=30

25,900 Baht/month for Ji-net (add another 7%VAT)

My ISP, MAxnet, charges 17,000 Baht/month for 1024kbps/month (including VAT!)

Thanks for the information. I was looking at Maxnet, thought I saw 15,000B. If that's what it takes to get a decent connection that's what Im gonna have to do.

PS, not sure which ISP you are looking at, but most premium providers charge much more then 15KB for a 1024kbps businessline! Not sure they are better though...

http://www.ji-net.com/home/indexget.php?lang=en&pid=30

25,900 Baht/month for Ji-net (add another 7%VAT)

My ISP, MAxnet, charges 17,000 Baht/month for 1024kbps/month (including VAT!)

Thanks for the information. I was looking at Maxnet, thought I saw 15,000B. If that's what it takes to get a decent connection that's what Im gonna have to do.

why not use CAT 1mb/2mb 2700baht pm dedicated internet line

• 3 weeks later...

about CAT dedicated line.

I use in Pattaya the 2048/800 KB service for more than 2 years now and with great satisfaction. I pay 3050B a month and was always wondering if it is a really dedicated line but the DL speed is perfect. Always more than 200Kb on international DL. CAT is the international provider in thailand and by exemple the True service at 4 MB is worst than the CAT one, except for local DL. We made all test with http://www.speedtest.net

The service is good too. You can call directly the technician (in thai) and he can make a full test and reset of your dedicated CAT modem on demand.

Of course the price is high when you look at prices in europe (29 E in france for 25MB,60 TV channels, unlimited phone calls...) but for the local market it's the best deal I have seen.

PS : I don't remember if they ask my WP when I signed

Carl