Trump Pushes New GOP Platform Softening Positions on Abortion and Same-Sex Marriage

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, and good thing too. It was returned to the states to deal with individually. Trump has repeatedly said that he does not favour a federal ban on abortion. 

You are aware we fought a civil war to settle states rights I assume .the retrumplikans want to ban abortion and birth control across all 50 states hopefully the VP will keep hammering that home.heck I  wish she would express the fact that the lady’s will be less interested in bumping uglys if they can’t protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy.thats bound to get through some thick skulls .trump making sounds with his mouth are meaningless he would do whatever is convenient and profits him

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

You are aware we fought a civil war to settle states rights I assume .the retrumplikans want to ban abortion and birth control across all 50 states hopefully the VP will keep hammering that home.heck I  wish she would express the fact that the lady’s will be less interested in bumping uglys if they can’t protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy.thats bound to get through some thick skulls .trump making sounds with his mouth are meaningless he would do whatever is convenient and profits him

No,they don't. There is no evidence of this, other than your fevered dreams. Especially birth control- you are really losing the plot there.

This has nothing to do with the civil war. It is a simple truth that states are allowed to decide these things for themselves. And as Trump said, some will be very liberal and some will be very conservative. That is the simple truth. And there are NO states that want to ban abortion entirely. If you know of some, please educate us. 

The VP is "hammering" a dead horse. She and most democrats simply refuse to clarify their position on the issue. They just use platitudes and euphemisms like "choice" and "health care" instead of being honest and straightforward.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

No,they don't. There is no evidence of this, other than your fevered dreams. Especially birth control- you are really losing the plot there.

This has nothing to do with the civil war. It is a simple truth that states are allowed to decide these things for themselves. And as Trump said, some will be very liberal and some will be very conservative. That is the simple truth. And there are NO states that want to ban abortion entirely. If you know of some, please educate us. 

The VP is "hammering" a dead horse. She and most democrats simply refuse to clarify their position on the issue. They just use platitudes and euphemisms like "choice" and "health care" instead of being honest and straightforward.

It’s there on the msn media I don’t watch faux fake news or rt as far as ANYTHING trump says it’s meaningless he lies and doesent honor his word ……

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

It’s there on the msn media I don’t watch faux fake news or rt as far as ANYTHING trump says it’s meaningless he lies and doesent honor his word ……

Prove it or shut up.  Stop making nonsensical and hysterical claims with no evidence. "The msn media"? What is that...

And I get most of my news from CNA or NHK, so don't get yourself in a frenzy thinking otherwise.

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Nice dodge.  You didn't like an accurate answer, so you decided to go straight to ad hom remarks.  What is wrong with states deciding their own laws?

They tried that before the Civil War, with some states opting for Slavery.

Would you be okay with that?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They tried that before the Civil War, with some states opting for Slavery.

Would you be okay with that?

Sure, why not? 

But seriously, is that the best analogy you can draw? A hundred and sixty year ago issue?  You can do better.  I am not sure why you have such little faith in your fellow citizens to decide for themselves how they want to regulate their lives.  

On 7/10/2024 at 8:27 PM, Hanaguma said:

Please tell us all what you know about Project 2025, and how it is tied to Trump. We would love to hear your analysis.

Here's how it's tied to Trump:

Trump, in April '22, keynoted a Heritage dinner as it began work on Project 2025: “This is a great group & they’re going to lay the groundwork & detail plans for exactly what our movement will do ... when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America."

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Here's how it's tied to Trump:

Trump, in April '22, keynoted a Heritage dinner as it began work on Project 2025: “This is a great group & they’re going to lay the groundwork & detail plans for exactly what our movement will do ... when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America."

Yawn.

The Heritage Foundation has been releasing position papers like this since 1981, this is nothing new or unique. This is, I believe, the 10th iteration. Nothing to do with Trump. He may agree with some of their ideas, great. So do I. But it is not a sinister tome written for the purpose of stealing America.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Yawn.

The Heritage Foundation has been releasing position papers like this since 1981, this is nothing new or unique. This is, I believe, the 10th iteration. Nothing to do with Trump. He may agree with some of their ideas, great. So do I. But it is not a sinister tome written for the purpose of stealing America.

The fact is they want to go back to the spoils system in the civil service. There was a reason that was abandoned. Given given Trump's insistence that there was some kind of conspiracy in the Justice Department to get him, that makes it sinister. If Trump really wants to make clear where he stands on 2025, then he should specifically specify what he disagrees with. And not wish them luck.