Restaurants and Inflation

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Buy what you like; if you don't have money (or don't want to pay) then don't buy premium products.

You think a product made from minced mystery meat is superior to an unprocessed cut of chicken?

23 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Walking out?

Just for being told the truth......

NO, for not wanting to stay in a restaurant that  uses a double pricing system,or racism

On 7/18/2024 at 3:10 AM, bob smith said:

I think you missed the point.

I too would have walked out and possibly even spat on the floor as I was doing so!

bob.

That's obviously why they'd want to charge you more. They'd need to pay someone to mop the floor after dirty farang had been in

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:18 PM, Jingthing said:

It's all rice. Weigh the amount of meat in a pad krapow rice. It's almost nothing. Easily three or four, in some cases five of six if you're looking at the protein. 

50 baht at a local market near you.

You eat three to six of those each meal do you? 

thumbnail_IMG_6158.thumb.jpg.ac79e7a5215a019dd1fdea0ee14f9a3b.jpg

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

50 baht at a local market near you.

You eat three to six of those each meal do you? 

thumbnail_IMG_6158.thumb.jpg.ac79e7a5215a019dd1fdea0ee14f9a3b.jpg

No that's a larger than  usual protein portion. For a full meal I would add a yam woonsen pla muek.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No that's a larger than  usual protein portion. For a full meal I would add a yam woonsen pla muek.

Going back to your statement that people  are fooled by how "cheap" food is in Thailand compared to west. They aren't really are they? It also depends on where you buy it. Might be 30 baht with a egg at an outside place. Two of those pictured is still less than US$3. No one is getting 'fooled'. It is good value.

Edited by NowNow
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Seems three people here have bought 'air fryers' 😊

Whatever is supposedly wrong with an air fryer is beyond me.  Obviously, they aren’t good for everything, but for some meals, they work just fine.

I just use mine for cooking steaks or fish.  A ribeye, for example.  Add salt and pepper to the steak, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees, and then cook for about 4 minutes on each side.  The time needed can vary, depending on the thickness of the steak.  

I also cook salmon steaks in the air fryer.  Except I cook those at 385 and don’t flip them halfway through.  Those tackle maybe about 10 minutes.

16 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Whatever is supposedly wrong with an air fryer is beyond me.  Obviously, they aren’t good for everything, but for some meals, they work just fine.

I just use mine for cooking steaks or fish.  A ribeye, for example.  Add salt and pepper to the steak, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees, and then cook for about 4 minutes on each side.  The time needed can vary, depending on the thickness of the steak.  

I also cook salmon steaks in the air fryer.  Except I cook those at 385 and don’t flip them halfway through.  Those tackle maybe about 10 minutes.

Nothing wrong with them, but they are just a cut down version of that less expensive convection oven. The larger convection oven with a fan, shown in my post above, is far more versatile.  You can do all of the things you mention and more and with man sized portions. I often use them in preference to my normal oven. Can even make bread and cakes.

Your slow cooker idea is good. Expanding your repertoire. 😊

59 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Going back to your statement that people  are fooled by how "cheap" food is in Thailand compared to west. They aren't really are they? It also depends on where you buy it. Might be 30 baht with a egg at an outside place. Two of those pictured is still less than US$3. No one is getting 'fooled'. It is good value.

Don't make a federal case.

6 hours ago, jas007 said:

Preheat? Are you sure you have an air fryer?

Absolutely no need to pre heat an air fryer.

5 hours ago, NowNow said:

Nothing wrong with them, but they are just a cut down version of that less expensive convection oven. The larger convection oven with a fan, shown in my post above, is far more versatile.  You can do all of the things you mention and more and with man sized portions. I often use them in preference to my normal oven. Can even make bread and cakes.

Your slow cooker idea is good. Expanding your repertoire. 😊

You really don't understand the versatility of air fryers, do you?

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Preheat? Are you sure you have an air fryer?

Absolutely no need to pre heat an air fryer.

They seem to think you should, although the entire preheating process should only take a minute or two.

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You really don't understand the versatility of air fryers, do you?

Go on then...tell me what you think that I don't know. 

44 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There's clearly alot you don't know, judging by your previous comment.

Have a " Google". 

I fully expected you to fail to state your case. You have nothing, but hot air. 😊

10 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I fully expected you to fail to state your case. You have nothing, but hot air. 😊

I have lots of great food every day. All cooked in my air fryer.

I haven't used a frying pan or oven since I bought my air fryer. Rarely even boil anything.

All meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, baking, roasting, braising. All done in my air fryer.

They are energy saving too.

Screenshot_20240615_174217_eBay.jpg

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I haven't used a frying pan or oven since I bought my air fryer. Rarely even boil anything.

All meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, baking, roasting, braising. All done in my air fryer.

So now look again at my actual post. What I wrote is that there isn't anything wrong with them, but that there are often just an overpriced or more limited version of a cheaper convection oven....with which you can do even more. Do you disagree with that statement?

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

They are energy saving too.

Screenshot_20240615_174217_eBay.jpg

I think that you are confusing yourself. You are posting figures for conventional ovens versus 'air fryers', but what you are missing is that the item that I posted is the original air fryer. The 'new' air fryers are simply compact and less versatile version of the original. 

20 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So now look again at my actual post. What I wrote is that there isn't anything wrong with them, but that there are often just an overpriced or more limited version of a cheaper convection oven....with which you can do even more. Do you disagree with that statement?

No, as I pointed out.

They are very versatile. More so than an oven. Not limited at all. I advised you to research that. You appear to have declined. Never mind. Your loss 

12 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I think that you are confusing yourself. You are posting figures for conventional ovens versus 'air fryers', but what you are missing is that the item that I posted is the original air fryer. The 'new' air fryers are simply compact and less versatile version of the original. 

No. Not confused at all. The figures are there to see.

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

No. Not confused at all. The figures are there to see.

The wrong figures. You aren't getting it because you don't understand. Your figures are for 'conventional' ovens. Conventional 'normal' and conventional 'fan'. Fan ovens are always set 20 degrees Celsius below non fan ovens. That's how I know.

But what you don't seem to understand is that the 'new' tiny air fryers are just smaller versions of the original air fryers. Exactly the same workings. A heated element and a fan, but just in a smaller space. They may be as small as 4 to 5 litres in capacity. So that limits what you can prepare in them. Neither need preheating as such, as the heat spreads rapidly in such a small space. But the original air fryers are more versatile and are capable of higher temperatures. If you haven't tried an original air fryer, then you simply do not know what you are talking about.

Have you baked bread or cakes in your air fryer? I can guarantee that you have not, unless you have purchased a large and expensive model.

Just now, NowNow said:

The wrong figures. You aren't getting it because you don't understand. Your figures are for 'conventional' ovens. Conventional 'normal' and conventional 'fan'. Fan ovens are always set 20 degrees Celsius below non fan ovens. That's how I know.

But what you don't seem to understand is that the 'new' tiny air fryers are just smaller versions of the original air fryers. Exactly the same workings. A heated element and a fan, but just in a smaller space. They may be as small as 4 to 5 litres in capacity. So that limits what you can prepare in them. Neither need preheating as such, as the heat spreads rapidly in such a small space. But the original air fryers are more versatile and are capable of higher temperatures. If you haven't tried an original air fryer, then you simply do not know what you are talking about.

Have you baked bread or cakes in your air fryer? I can guarantee that you have not, unless you have purchased a large and expensive model.

If you can't grasp the fundamental differences between the oven you posted and an air fryer, there is no point trying to show you your other errors.

I have an air fryer and a convection oven that you posted, which hasn't been out of the cupboard since I bought the sir fryer.

You ask about baking in an air fryer? Did you not read my comments?

My air fryer was not expensive. It's 12ltr capacity. Well worth the money considering it's versatility.

13 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No, as I pointed out.

They are very versatile. More so than an oven. Not limited at all. I advised you to research that. You appear to have declined. Never mind. Your loss 

You are just playing ignorant. Never mind. Up to you. If you wish to remain uneducated. The oven I posted IS an air fryer, but without the fancy LED and marketing.

It can do all you suggest and more. When was the last time you created a 10" inch pizza in your air fryer? Not ever. A cake or bread fully baked without having to turn it over? The original is more versatile.

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

If you can't grasp the fundamental differences between the oven you posted and an air fryer, there is no point trying to show you your other errors.

I have an air fryer and a convection oven that you posted, which hasn't been out of the cupboard since I bought the sir fryer.

You ask about baking in an air fryer? Did you not read my comments?

My air fryer was not expensive. It's 12ltr capacity. Well worth the money considering it's versatility.

Okay, let's put this to bed. What is the brand and model number of your air fryer?

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

You are just playing ignorant. Never mind. Up to you. If you wish to remain uneducated. The oven I posted IS an air fryer, but without the fancy LED and marketing.

It can do all you suggest and more. When was the last time you created a 10" inch pizza in your air fryer? Not ever. A cake or bread fully baked without having to turn it over? The original is more versatile.

Yeah he's cofused, needs to google difference betweem a conventional fan oven, convection fan oven and air fryer !

10 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I did the research. I suggested you do the same. You declined. Nuff said.