Bangkok launches major drug prevention initiative with urine tests

webfact

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yet another overly simplified and dumbed-down response from you. Do you really think the fear of a drug test will deter an addict?

not an addict, but it does reduce casual use.

i have friends that are regularly tested for drugs for their jobs and it does stop them knowing they will be caught. Same for people on parole etc.

only an idiot would think otherwise

The fear of a DUI test hasn't stopped your addiction to drinking and then driving, has it?

So are you also claiming that DUI roadside tests don’t have any effect on reducing the amount of drink driving?

You are just trolling. Of course it does.

i for one would be happy to take a drug test for amphetamines, knowing that it is helping society.

For others it seems it is all “me, me , me” “my human rights” as if taking a simple drug test is somehow breaching your right. 
Snowflake

On 7/12/2024 at 1:44 PM, brianthainess said:

Yes it is but the police should not be doing it to children, it should be medical professionals, with a guardian present at all times. 

LOL try getting the parents to show upmost don't care nor are willing to take the time off.  I would think that if they come to a school it is not that hard to bring a medical team to do the actual test on site

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

It is very hard to rape someone when you are driving a car.

not that difficult to get involved in an accident and kill somebody  though is it ,  especially after a skinfull,    It doesn't even have to be your fault

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fear of a DUI test hasn't stopped your addiction to drinking and then driving, has it?

So are you also claiming that DUI roadside tests don’t have any effect on reducing the amount of drink driving?

You are just trolling. Of course it does.

No, I am claiming exactly what I wrote...   The fear of a DUI test hasn't stopped your addiction to drinking and then driving, has it?

I accept that testing would work as a preventative measure for recreational users, but it wouldn't for addicts.

You attempt to to virtue signal earlier mentioning rape and killing grandmothers....   thats not recreational users, thats the addicts and they are so far down the rabbit hole testing not act as a preventative measure, though it may catch the users... but then what, pee purple and go to jail ??

... OR pee purple and pay the bribe... then they don't have money for their next fix and are more likely to 'rob a granny' as their desperation increases.

9 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

i for one would be happy to take a drug test for amphetamines, knowing that it is helping society.

For others it seems it is all “me, me , me” “my human rights” as if taking a simple drug test is somehow breaching your right. 
Snowflake

What a load of lying hypocritical tosh.. You have already proven that by openly driving while drunk you have no regard for society whatsoever...    

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I accept that testing would work as a preventative measure for recreational users, but it wouldn't for addicts.

That is the problem with your narrow minded thinking, you don’t see the big picture.

nobody starts off as an addict, if you can stop people from taking amphetamine in the first place they will never become and addict in the first place. That’s how it works. 

And this government plan will be effective in reducing the number of users who then become addicts raping children and bashing grandmothers despite the ranting foreign Karens carrying on about their “human rights” as if taking a drug test is difficult, something we have all done without fuss before for medical reasons.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

It doesn't even have to be your fault

Yes it is unfair.

Some idiot on a phone could run into the me and I would be blamed. 

Thats not quite true... If you could prove they were on the phone and caused the accident, then they would be blamed for the accident. 

But you still would / could be charged for the separate offence of drink driving.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

That is the problem with your narrow minded thinking, you don’t see the big picture.

nobody starts off as an addict, if you can stop people from taking amphetamine in the first place they will never become and addict in the first place. That’s how it works. 

And this government plan will be effective in reducing the number of users who then become addicts raping children and bashing grandmothers despite the ranting foreign Karens carrying on about their “human rights” as if taking a drug test is difficult, something we have all done without fuss before for medical reasons.

Regarding 'big picture' thinking - You have not yet realised that 'your picture' is not 'the' big picture - I don't think you understand that yet.

You've slotted in a semi-valid point but have dichotomised the issue into a binary problem when it is more complex.

Yes, generalised society wide drugs testing would form a preventative measure, but there are other measures that can also be used which do not contravene laws which are put in place for a reason.

You seem to think its ok for those in a position of authority to cherry pick which laws to abide by and which not to - the issue with this is that such authoritarian action has a bigger impact on the wellbeing of the nation (I listed the reasons earlier on).

The suggestion that 'generalised society wide drugs testing' is not an ideal solution, does not mean that a void is left and that other solutions are not to be used, whereas you seem to be arguing from the perspective that its either 'generalised society wide drugs testing' or grannies and children will be raped...  which is ridiculous.

I do agree 'generalised society wide drugs testing' will reduce users - but I do not agree that it is the correct solution. 

In much the same manner I disagree that Thaksin's war on drugs and 2800 extra-judicial killings was the correct solution - When such actions are taken and rights violations exist its is noted by the international community - this is the 'bigger picture' you have missed - where international investment, business and trade is impacted and the 'filter down' from that does not reach society, development is hindered.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When such actions are taken and rights violations exist its is noted by the international community - this is the 'bigger picture' you have missed - where international investment, business and trade is impacted and the 'filter down' from that does not reach society, development is hindered.

You are carrying on as if they DONT already piss test people at road stops etc.

Been going on for years.

That you imagine that it will affect trade etc is Young Richard just carrying on with over the top nonsense as usual.

You do have a vivid imagination.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

When such actions are taken and rights violations exist its is noted by the international community - this is the 'bigger picture' you have missed - where international investment, business and trade is impacted and the 'filter down' from that does not reach society, development is hindered.

You are carrying on as if they DONT already piss test people at road stops etc.

Been going on for years.

That is another issue, and also not legal - the Police were stopped from doing this in the Thonglor area a few years ago.

They do still test in nightclubs, and that is legal because it is under warrant with cause.

59 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

That you imagine that it will affect trade etc is Young Richard just carrying on with over the top nonsense as usual.

You do have a vivid imagination.

This is where you lack the bigger thinking picture...    your 'small picture' thinking is unable to reconcile the greater issue at hand here because you can't comprehend it.

Look at the countries neighbouring Thailand, compare their GDP (per-capita) and state of economic development to the state of their legal system - then see why Cambodia, Loas, Myanmar are so far behind and why Malaysia is ahead.

Edited by richard_smith237

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Look at the countries neighbouring Thailand, compare their GDP (per-capita) and state of economic development to the state of their legal system

You argue so much you make a complete fool of yourself.

ok, let’s compare Thailand to the highest GDP country in SEA.

SINGAPORE

Much more drug testing, far fewer assets and a higher GDP.

Being a Karen screaming for your “human rights” doesn’t cut it in SEA.

On 7/12/2024 at 5:34 PM, thesetat2013 said:

Your posts seem like either you do not live in Thailand or that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2024 at 6:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

But I won't pi$$ on the side of the road for them and if they push for that or indicate something untoward they will be met with resistance.

Yes you will. Then you will wai them and bend over for your cavity search.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

You argue so much you make a complete fool of yourself.

ok, let’s compare Thailand to the highest GDP country in SEA.

SINGAPORE

Much more drug testing, far fewer assets and a higher GDP.

I argue with you because you are wrong...  Your example above is also wrong.

Singapore does not drug test whole communities or do random drug testing in the streets.

The Singapore police only test those they suspect of taking drugs and on raids on night clubs (with a warrant).

Its tests also do not involve people peeing into a cup in public - Saliva tests are ultized in Singapore. 

Again - you have failed to educate yourself. 

Being a Karen screaming for your “human rights” doesn’t cut it in SEA.

Being an idiot doesn't cut it on this forum !!! 

On 7/12/2024 at 2:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

But I won't pi$$ on the side of the road for them and if they push for that or indicate something untoward they will be met with resistance.

Yes you will. Then you will wai them and bend over for your cavity search.

No... I won't (I've already been in that sitation)...    you have no clue.

On 7/12/2024 at 5:34 PM, thesetat2013 said:

Your posts seem like either you do not live in Thailand or that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Being an idiot doesn't cut it on this forum !!! 

• Haha 1