> Jump to content

18 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Unsure if this is the first confirmed one or not ?? 

DTV issued from the London embassy already.. No contract of employment, just uploaded a letter explaining I own a company and my last years tax return for evidence.

Do I seriously have to carry a piece of paper around for the next 5 years ?? To go with my TM30 and 90 days pieces of paper ?? Is that really the system. 

On my return I intend to go visit the labour office, the DTV is marked as most are 'employment prohibited' and my local labour office had told me when I quizzed them that the LTR visa (which the BOI also claims you can work on for non Thai companies) had no exemption in law and they considered working on it for an overseas company illegal.. I am curious what they say this time, as the royal gazette announcement for the DTV specifically says ""work remotely in a special case as relating to this announcement" so who is right here ??

We now have the DTV they encourage work on, the LTR the BOI says you can work on but when challenged after the above info was obtianed call it 'an understanding with the tax office', etc etc. 

The last thing I want to do is give Thailand my tax return.  Was the letter on your company letterhead or just a blank page with a few sentences?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

The last thing I want to be doing is giving the Thailand my tax returns.  Was the letter on your company letterhead or just a blank page with a few sentences?

Company letterhead.. But lets be honest that can take 5 mins to make for someone so inclined. 

I have real companies in a few countries.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

As I dont own a company, I'm waiting for someone to sign up for a 6 week Thai language course and get the 5 year DTV, then I will do the same 😀

I expect those applications to skyrocket, as will the cancellations after the visa is issued.  The smart thing to do is require a non-refundable deposit.

• Like 1

Funny how the DTV doesn't mention the length of stay in Thailand like the non-imm O (90 days) and tourist visa (60 days) do on the e-visa

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Funny how the DTV doesn't mention the length of stay in Thailand like the non-imm O (90 days) and tourist visa (60 days) do on the e-visa

It's 180 days with one 180 extension allowed, and says it prominently in the official documentation.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, shdmn said:

It's 180 days and says it prominently in all the official documentation.

We all know that. My point was other visa have 'length of stay' clearly stated on the e-visa, but DTV doesn't. Just strange it's different

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

We all know that. My point was other visa have 'length of stay' clearly stated on the e-visa, but DTV doesn't. Just strange it's different

What is stranger is that it says Employment Prohibited.  They probably haven't finished tweaking it so maybe just an oversight.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

For employment prohibited maybe they mean you can't find a job with a thai company while in thailand, can't take a job from thais

It says exactly the same thing on the tourist visa so they probably just cut/paste it from that.  This point shoot aim stuff is typically how everything works in Thailand.  Like the Marijuana laws.  Just throw it out there and then figure out the details later.

Edited by shdmn

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

But it IS exactly like the tourist visa in respect of Thai employment. 

Remote work is listed as being a special case for this visa class as per its royal decree announcement. 

You know that, I know that, they know that, everyone else who has read the explanations knows that.  Not sure why you are trying to argue with me about it.  Have a nice day.

Edited by shdmn

2 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

The flood gates are about to open.

Reading on facebook forums Indians are going very hard for this. 

unfortunately can't do nothing about it, we all know it's all a money scheme here, thais make money with people come from abroad. They like money too much

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DonniePeverley said:

The flood gates are about to open.

Reading on facebook forums Indians are going very hard for this. 

When we call a lot of companies in Australia we get a sub-contracted Indian call centre. Thinking Indian call centres may answer from Thailand in the near future

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

unfortunately can't do nothing about it, we all know it's all a money scheme here, thais make money with people come from abroad. They like money too much

I'm surprised there's been no oppositon to this in Thailand. There is clearly a conflict of interest in opening the flood gates. 

Amusing Thailand is basically set to let in millions of Indians, but India still has strict controls on Thais. 

This despite the Indian economy by GDP per person being 1/3 less than that of Thailand. This explains the insanity and dangers of this policy. It's an ecological disaster to the beautiful places we love. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

I first visited Thailand when it had about 4 million visitors per year. Bangkok was very dirty with piles of rubbish, the city smelled bad, shopping for anything not made locally was crap, restaurant choice was limited once you got bored of Thai food, English was much poorer than today, getting around was a nightmare, it flooded really badly in many places during the rainy season....and I could go on. Today, Bangkok is much easier to get around, there's so much more to see and do, things work so much better than the past and I am keen to stay longer than I did in the past. Oh, that's right, Bangkok gets about 40 million people visitors today, 10 times what it did when I first visited, and it's so much better today. I wouldn't think that more visitors will make it worse because so far, that has not happened.

no idea when u were there, but i was in 75 and it was not as u described>|
PLUS  Thailand got 39+ million tourists in 2019 NOT Bangkok

congrats on getting the DTV

Makes good sense as easier/cheaper than using a agent for getting my 1 year retirement extension here.
I would love to attend a thai cooking class and learn to make Phat Thai  🙂

Edited by zzzzz