Thailand to Control Cannabis Use through Laws, Not by Re-categorising it as a Narcotic

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If it happens that regulation rather than recriminalisation will actually occur then this is the logical move. Let's see what plays out and what "laws" will come into play. One thing is for sure Thaksin will not be happy. I wonder what behind doors negotiations have taken place. 

Laws are wonderful unless they are only used when the mood takes them.

8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

If they opt for more regulation and licensing, will it be only large corporations owned by favoured families who will be able to afford and be granted the licences?

This is what happens in the alcoholic beverages industry.

most likely this is what they did in the US too.  Basically made a cartel or only amount of Uber Rich can sell And grow plants for a profit

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

no smoking/relaxing areas in dispensary

Why not, do you have any sensible reasoning behind this?

To appeal to the Thai people, I think smoking at home would be acceptable, but anywhere else absolutely would not. Thai's are very conservative or hadn't you noticed

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaichina said:

Yes I think that would be fair. Let s also do the same with alcohol, only sell in special shops, no neon lights/party music/weed in alcohol shops, no shop within 500m of school, no drinking/relaxing areas in the shop, no drinking in public areas including beaches

Let have some fun now...

Was alcohol recently listed a narcotic in Thailand? No. Your silly equivalence is just that... silly

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The new rules would ban the possession, import, and sale of cannabis unless licensed by the Ministry of Public Health.

I’m trying to understand what this sentence really means. It is poorly worded and ambiguous because it isn’t clear who they are referring to. But it seems to be referring to vendors and shops, although most are licensed already. So not really sure what would change about this under the new legislation?

19 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Can't you junkies just inject it right in the shop if you really need it that bad? Do you have to bring drugs out where the children are?

Is that how you take your coffee in the morning?

Maybe lets just get a wee blow torch under that spoonful of sugar to go with it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

To appeal to the Thai people, I think smoking at home would be acceptable, but anywhere else absolutely would not. Thai's are very conservative or hadn't you noticed

Absolutely no sensibility in your reasoning.

You are saying that smoking in an isolated designated area would not be acceptable, by who, Luddites and cavemen?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Actually you are wrong and would know that if you actually used google to search addictions to cannabis. 

Cannabis use disorder (CUD), also known as cannabis addiction or marijuana addiction, is a psychiatric disorder defined in the fifth revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) and ICD-10 as the continued use of cannabis despite clinically significant impairment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_use_disorder#:~:text=Cannabis use disorder (CUD)%2C,cannabis despite clinically significant impairment.

Point taken, which is one reason why I put the word "addicted" in the same sentence as I put "junkie"! For the most part junkies are addicted to heroin, and other "hard" drugs, but not cannabis.

As for the other comments in my post regarding the comments by "AnotherOneHere"  I stand by every one of them - injecting cannabis? And inject it in the shop where you bought it? Total nonsense from an uneducated bigot.

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

So we have a bunch of politicians whom don’t smoke, that will order smokers how they must use cannabis within their rules of the law, for a God given plant that has never killed anybody, impossible to overdose, makes you happy horny and hungry and has more uses than verses tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol which are known killers, destroys families, friends and lives of others yet are allowed to be sold to the masses as long as there is a visible warning on the product, cannot be sold to minor and big daddy politician can forbid you buying on Buddha and voting days. 

Seems like they have all the rules / laws necessary already in place. The only missing link is how to suck money out of the consumer for a plant you can grow for free!

• Agree 1

On 7/23/2024 at 9:49 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Don't worry.

Anutin will flip-flop again.

There will be more changes.

He appears to struggle with the truth. :wink:

Just make sure you test the THC levels of the dope you buy from the gunga outlets and report them if it's over the legal limit. 

• Haha 1

Can't you junkies just inject it right in the shop if you really need it that bad? Do you have to bring drugs out where the children are?

While enjoying a relaxing few beers and cigarette my mates and I can think of nothing worse than some pothead smoking dope right in front of the kids playing in the street!  :)  555 😂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Absolutely no sensibility in your reasoning.

You are saying that smoking in an isolated designated area would not be acceptable, by who, Luddites and cavemen?

It's almost as if living in Thailand has meant you understand absolutely nothing about Thai people

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

It's almost as if living in Thailand has meant you understand absolutely nothing about Thai people

Yet you are the one who thinks that the average Thai would be bothered by a closed off smoking area.  :cheesy:

The majority of Thais do not have a negative view of cannabis, they are either for it or not bothered.

Any negativity comes from politicians, the press and a few uneducated farangs on this forum, who all seem to have their own beliefs and agendas.

Try talking to the Thai people, the real Thai public and not Noi from Soi 6 or the receptionist at your hotel/guesthouse.

And you have still not given me any sensible reasoning behind your 'no smoking/relaxing areas in dispensary' idea(?).

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, AnotherOneHere said:

Can't you junkies just inject it right in the shop if you really need it that bad? Do you have to bring drugs out where the children are?

If that's the best  you can say  I reckon there must be something wrong with your mouth,  Why not try standing on your head and see if your a$$ can produce something better

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Yet you are the one who thinks that the average Thai would be bothered by a closed off smoking area.  :cheesy:

The majority of Thais do not have a negative view of cannabis, they are either for it or not bothered.

Any negativity comes from politicians, the press and a few uneducated farangs on this forum, who all seem to have their own beliefs and agendas.

Try talking to the Thai people, the real Thai public and not Noi from Soi 6 or the receptionist at your hotel/guesthouse.

And you have still not given me any sensible reasoning behind your 'no smoking/relaxing areas in dispensary' idea(?).

Absolute rubbish. I have not met a single Thai person who is positive about cannabis, every single one thinks they should close all the shops permanently. My wifes family are from the North and all her family, friends and our wider social circle in Thailand all went to university, some work in upper circles of govt advising ministers, not a single one thinks relaxing laws on Cannabis is good for Thailand. This is middle class Thailand.

Edited by ourmanflint
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Absolute rubbish. I have not met a single Thai person who is positive about cannabis, every single one thinks they should close all the shops permanently. My wifes family are from the North and all her family, friends and our wider social circle in Thailand all went to university, some work in upper circles of govt advising ministers, not a single one thinks relaxing laws on Cannabis is good for Thailand. This is middle class Thailand.

And where do you live in Thailand?

Where are you meeting these Thai people who seem to have a differing view from the Thai people that I work with, meet on a daily basis and live amongst?

Are you living in a tourist area?

• Like 1

on 7 August they will decide the future of move forward political party if dissolved its MP's have to join a new party, if they join Anutin party the prime minister might change soon

source:Forbes