Hot-Tempered Neighbour Slaps Teenager For Unfriending Him On Facebook

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i was threatened with a long ratchet handle, had it on cctv and wife took video. called the police and when they came they took the thai guy to watch the video in the 7/11 but i was not allowed to see it. i said i wanted to press charges. on the way into the police station my wife heard the cops tell the thai guy to press charges against me.

does anyone here believe there is justice in thailand anymore?

Hopefully, your wife reported the Police to their station officer via an official Police complaint form. But, no, I am a realist - many Thais hate farangs and think we are lower than them, so your story does not surprise me.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO Facebook is a big part of the problem.

I have only 21 friends on Facebook and I know them.

OTOH Facebook does not appear to think that is enough and is telling me that another 200 or 300 people want to be my friend.

I used to delete them from wanting to ne my friend, but Facebook filled the space for those who want to be my friend quicker than I could delete them. I have no idea who they are or why they want to be my friend.

Nowadays I simply ignore the requests, but Facebook keeps filling the slots up again.

They do not actually WANT to be your friend , most wouldn't even know you and wouldn't want to be your friend .

Its just facebook suggesting people who you may know , your profile will also be appearing on other strangers home page .

Facebook are suggestion other people whom you might want to send a friend requests to .

You really are not that popular or sought after 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Hopefully, your wife reported the Police to their station officer via an official Police complaint form. But, no, I am a realist - many Thais hate farangs and think we are lower than them, so your story does not surprise me.

unfortunately she didnt. i dont think a foreigner can get justice against the pigs and a thai. it was actually a ploy to get me to drop my charges. 

what i learned (and for all reading this pay close attention) is that if a thai one day files a complaint against you, the best thing to do is file one right back. 

my then friend's wife was a close friend to the commander of the station... after she talked to the pigs they kinda changed their tune.

this happened on a new year's eve. if it had not been for my then friend's wife's intervention it would have been a bad kick off to the new year. when it comes to thai against foreigner... the caucasian always loses one way or the other. the cards are stacked against us... maybe anyone reading this who doesnt understand why i insist on calling the RTP members pigs... will understand now

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

unfortunately she didnt. i dont think a foreigner can get justice against the pigs and a thai. it was actually a ploy to get me to drop my charges. 

what i learned (and for all reading this pay close attention) is that if a thai one day files a complaint against you, the best thing to do is file one right back. 

my then friend's wife was a close friend to the commander of the station... after she talked to the pigs they kinda changed their tune.

this happened on a new year's eve. if it had not been for my then friend's wife's intervention it would have been a bad kick off to the new year. when it comes to thai against foreigner... the caucasian always loses one way or the other. the cards are stacked against us... maybe anyone reading this who doesnt understand why i insist on calling the RTP members pigs... will understand now

It does make you sound rather stupid, calling the Police "the pigs".

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It does make you sound rather stupid, calling the Police "the pigs".

it kinda makes you look stupid taking the time to criticize this after i explained long and large my reason. stupid

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

it kinda makes you look stupid taking the time to criticize this after i explained long and large my reason. stupid

For whatever reason , calling the Police the "pigs" is rather juvenile .

Did you used to call them the pigs in a UK primary school in the 1970's?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which culture is that?

Certainly not Thailand.

Seriously?

8% of Police are female? 

871 senior appointments in the Army were male and 18 female. 

82% of those in parliament are male? 18% female

Not to mention, there are no laws protecting wives and GFs when their partners leave them holding the children

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

For whatever reason , calling the Police the "pigs" is rather juvenile .

Did you used to call them the pigs in a UK primary school in the 1970's?

calling people names under the guise of saying that what they say is on opinion... is the culmination of being a troll of the highest order. crawl back under your bridge and talk to people who actually care about your opinion. BTW  troll.. i am not brit. i guess for some trolling is a hobby

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

calling people names under the guise of saying that what they say is on opinion... is the culmination of being a troll of the highest order. crawl back under your bridge and talk to people who actually care about your opinion. BTW  troll.. i am not brit. i guess for some trolling is a hobby

right im gonna call the pigs 🙂

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which culture is that?

Certainly not Thailand.

Definitely need to change those Rose Coloured Glasses! Women in Thailand are and always have been below men. Sit and have a meal with a Thai family and you will see the oldest male served first then other males. Infact at gatherings quite often women still eat separate after serving the men. Look at the bank and who are tellers and who are in offices. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, jimgilly said:

Just watch a couple days of local news and you see there is something wrong with these people.  Must be how they are wired because it doesn't take much to set them off.  Land of Smiles - hardly.

Thai people can basically be explosive in their rage if someone does a certain thing to them.  They're vey "kind and friendly" when they want to be, but they will go from 0-life destroying over the slightest thing.

You basically have to be very careful around Thais.  Particularly when it comes to showing respect and maintaining face.  Even for very minor incidents of loss of face, they can completely shun someone.

I think this is one of the reasons why Thais appear so respectful and easy-going, they know how dangerous Thai people can be.  (Although they don't necessarily admit as such.)

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Seriously?

8% of Police are female? 

871 senior appointments in the Army were male and 18 female. 

82% of those in parliament are male? 18% female

Not to mention, there are no laws protecting wives and GFs when their partners leave them holding the children

How many bricklayers are female in those modern countries? If not at least 40% of them are female, is that a problem?

Lots of women don't want to go to the army.

I know women who own companies and have good jobs like lawyers, doctors, etc.

Many women are boss at home. They manage the money, they decide what the children do, etc.

Men and women are different. And men and women often want to do different things. Like: There are more female nurses and there are more male construction workers and engineers. Because that is typical male and female. They can do other things - if they want to. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BritScot said:

Definitely need to change those Rose Coloured Glasses! Women in Thailand are and always have been below men. Sit and have a meal with a Thai family and you will see the oldest male served first then other males. Infact at gatherings quite often women still eat separate after serving the men. Look at the bank and who are tellers and who are in offices. 

And talk with some girls and ask them who tells them what to do. Their mothers do that. What the mother tells them to do in none-negotiable. If they father says something, that is more like a suggestion.

Men and women are different. They often aspire to do different things. And they get what they want in different ways.

The girl’s father (pu$$y) initially decided not to pursue the case further 

but her mother, insisted on seeking justice  ( see who has the balls in this family )

time for a curb stomp !   

I don't have FB, but I know 70 year old men who get obsessed and upset if someone unfriends them. Probably the same people who are upset if they get a sad face on their post.  So Childish who cares move on.

Edited by bkk6060

19 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

So the Neighbor broke into her house and it was was conveniently filmed and posted on social media smells like attention seeking or a set up.

Go back and read the article carefully... in fact, very careful.

23 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

One more Thai man baby. :coffee1:

I know from experience that daughters in Thailand have kids and leave them with granny for whatever reasons, Boys here especially are treated like little gods by their grannies. As time goes on junior gets into his teens and hasn't got a clue what's right or wrong. Once they hit their 20's they can become uncontrollable  beasts. All that was needed was an occasional slap in there formative years. My step daughter is shacked up with one.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mason45 said:

I know from experience that daughters in Thailand have kids and leave them with granny for whatever reasons, Boys here especially are treated like little gods by their grannies. As time goes on junior gets into his teens and hasn't got a clue what's right or wrong. Once they hit their 20's they can become uncontrollable  beasts. All that was needed was an occasional slap in there formative years. My step daughter is shacked up with one.

100% agree.

Parenting skills in Thailand  are mostly abysmal.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Read about this many years before I moved here and it's proven true since. Women are looked at as slaves, expected to do everything plus give them sex when they want it, even though many aren't responsible males. So many children growing up without a father's guidance leads to a lifetime of unruly behavior, especially towards women. I see my girlfriend, who works for her tesaban, having to serve the men drinks and food at get togethers, filling their empty drinks like they are kings. This happens to a much lesser degree in western countries, as there are misogynists and chauvinists everywhere, but nowhere like it does in Asian and Muslim countries.

Violence and abuse towards children is looked at as normal also. It isn't. Even school teachers still hit the children, although it isn't allowed. I had to talk to my daughter's school supervisor this last week, as I saw one of her teachers sitting with a stick in hand, smacking the kids if they didn't answer fast enough. My daughter told me she hit her on the butt with the stick a couple of times when I brought this up to her that day. I told the supervisor if this happens again, I will go to the school board to have her removed. She told the teacher to stop hitting the kids. This isn't about a smack on the butt with your open hand when a child goes haywire. This is a learned behavior from past generations of parents who didn't know how to discipline without violence.

• Like 1