Brit holidaying in Thailand receive news of parents’ death in UK

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

RIP to his parents and condolances for him, but I am wondering why this is a news item?? It happen to more people that they are on holiday and got this kind of terrible news that a parent/ sibling/ or other relative died. So why this? 

It’s major news inUK and the horrific nature of the accident makes it more so. That their 21 year old son was here in Thailand at the time adds another dimension to a newsworthy story. 

On 7/25/2024 at 10:00 AM, Ralf001 said:

from the googles.

image.png

Now....if he had been drinking he would have been driving with much greater care and attention.....let's hear it for all the drunk drivers on here saving lives.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Now....if he had been drinking he would have been driving with much greater care and attention.....let's hear it for all the drunk drivers on here saving lives.

You condone drink driving ?

• Confused 2

Just now, Ralf001 said:

You condone drink driving ?

NO!

Out and out sarcasm after someone on here spent a whole day saying he drinks and drives everyday....it made him a better driver....and he wasn't going to give up his social life to drive sober......go figure!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

NO!

Out and out sarcasm after someone on here spent a whole day saying he drinks and drives everyday....it made him a better driver....and he wasn't going to give up his social life to drive sober......go figure!!!

maybe direct your sarcasm to that forum member instead.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/25/2024 at 3:49 AM, lordgrinz said:

A motorbike took out the entire other family in the Focus, how fast was this crash?! 

Where did you get that info, as neither party has been accused of causing the accident.

In fact police are looking for another vehicle and driver that may be responsible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Where did you get that info, as neither party has been accused of causing the accident.

In fact police are looking for another vehicle and driver that may be responsible. 

I'm referencing the motorbike and car, which did collide, not the drivers. That had to be one hell of a collision for bike to kill everyone in the car.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I'm referencing the motorbike and car, which did collide, not the drivers. That had to be one hell of a collision for bike to kill everyone in the car.

Fair enough. 

Indeed you would think so, no actual speed info has been released, but I guess it could be up to 120 mph combined for a head on crash on an A road. 

I have also read that the car caught fire, again I'm not 100% on that either.

The police seem to be keeping it quiet until they have all the info, which makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Yeah was a bit of damage to the car.... it caught fire too which would not have been beneficial for occupant survival.

image.png.4bc14c5b1b8018d1b963db163fd974fc.png