Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Stabbing Transgender Teen at Miami Airport

Social Media

image.png.d13cf9560a2ac26a2403a4f440c9abe1.png

A man has been arrested and charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing a 17-year-old transgender girl multiple times at Miami International Airport. The attack occurred on Sunday evening while the victim was eating on the floor of Terminal J. 

Alexander Love, 29, has been charged with first-degree attempted murder with a deadly weapon and attempted premeditated murder. According to the arrest report from the Miami-Dade Police Department, officers responded to reports of a stabbing around 11:30 p.m. Upon arrival, they found the victim severely injured from multiple stab wounds to her face, head, arms, shoulders, neck, and legs. 

Police stated that Love attacked the girl without any provocation, using a butcher knife. He allegedly tried to throw her over a safety retaining glass after the stabbing. Despite her critical injuries, the victim managed to escape the assault and ran down to the third-floor level, where officers found her. She was immediately taken to a local medical center for emergency surgery. Her current condition remains unknown.

Customs and Border Patrol agents apprehended Love shortly after the incident. During his arrest, Love claimed to have been acquainted with the victim prior to the attack. He provided a bizarre explanation, stating that he believed he had been drugged and that an unknown object had been inserted into his rectum. Although he was uncertain if the victim was responsible, Love said he felt compelled to "hurt whoever hurt him" and purchased the knife from a nearby Target store.

Law enforcement officials recovered the knife at the scene. Love was subsequently booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, where he was denied bond in court on Monday. He was also ordered not to contact the victim. It remains unclear whether he has obtained legal representation.

The police spokesperson indicated that hate crime charges have not been ruled out, as investigators have yet to speak with the victim. The investigation is ongoing as authorities work to gather more information about the circumstances surrounding the attack.

Credit: NBC 2024-07-26

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

Sounds to me like he took a walk on the wild side and wasn’t happy about it,now he’s headed to a place we’re a lot of strange (things) will be happening back there…..throw the book at him!!

Sounds like you didn't read the article...

1 hour ago, Social Media said:

Police stated that Love attacked the girl without any provocation,

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

During his arrest love claimed to be aquatinted with the victim prior to the attack……i did read the article sounds to me he didn’t like his (walk on the wild side) and lashed out 

still sounds to me like you are making wild assumptions without knowing any facts. 

On 7/26/2024 at 3:34 AM, Social Media said:

a 17-year-old transgender girl

I get really confused with all this transgender stuff, my logic gets all screwed up, if a girl is a transgender, then at first that sounds to me like a girl has transgendered to a bloke, yet it seems the other way round..................:coffee1:

• Like 1

Good to see the victim survived, he must have been in very good condition and very determined to survive such an attack. 

Hope he recovers fully. 

14 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I get really confused with all this transgender stuff, my logic gets all screwed up, if a girl is a transgender, then at first that sounds to me like a girl has transgendered to a bloke, yet it seems the other way round..................:coffee1:

Please may we stop the transphobia Brian?

We and especially you ,must not only accept the new way of life but embrace it , please use love and compassion and even promote this in schools where younger generation can express themselves on what gender they are comfortable to be .

Love and acceptance is the answer .

I recently donated a sum of money to a Library where book reading by transgender are reading to children so they may make choices on their identity 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1