Thai man rescued after two years of abuse by employers

webfact

3 minutes ago, watchcat said:

They call themself Buddhists.....

So, two people commit a crime, and you condemn an entire country, I'm betting you're a leftist, yes? 

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I remember Obama having kids in cages, I don't remember any boiling water. As far as I know, he was never even charged. 

Trump Administration (2017-2021):

• The Trump administration implemented a “zero tolerance” policy in 2018, which led to a significant increase in family separations. Under this policy, all adults crossing the border illegally were prosecuted, and their children were placed in separate detention facilities.

• The images and reports of children in chain-link enclosures gained widespread attention and led to public outcry.

• The Trump administration argued that the facilities and policies were inherited from previous administrations, but the practice of systematically separating families was specific to the “zero tolerance” policy.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Trump Administration (2017-2021):

• The Trump administration implemented a “zero tolerance” policy in 2018, which led to a significant increase in family separations. Under this policy, all adults crossing the border illegally were prosecuted, and their children were placed in separate detention facilities.

• The images and reports of children in chain-link enclosures gained widespread attention and led to public outcry.

• The Trump administration argued that the facilities and policies were inherited from previous administrations, but the practice of systematically separating families was specific to the “zero tolerance” policy.

‘Kids in cages’: It’s true that Obama built the cages at the border. But Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ immigration policy had no precedent. - The Washington Post

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

They call themself Buddhists.....

I think it's a rather bizarre statement to claim that all Buddhists are morally depraved, as with any society there are people who simply don't have any boundaries, they're called sociopaths or psychopaths. It's no different here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I remember Obama having kids in cages, I don't remember any boiling water. As far as I know, he was never even charged. 

NO, that was Trump!!!! Why would you lie about something so easy to look up?  😠

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think it's a rather bizarre statement to claim that all Buddhists are morally depraved, as with any society there are people who simply don't have any boundaries, they're called sociopaths or psychopaths. It's no different here. 

Correct, it's only all Republicans that are morally depraved. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Before you can be morally depraved, first you must have morals.

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Well if that's how you feel I'm sorry to hear it. LOL.

I have a lot of friends and family that are conservative and these are people that I adore, so I don't let politics to get in the way of my relationships. I may have my opinions and I may state them, and sometimes my friends and I will discuss the differences but it's always with affection and respect. Hopefully I'm doing it without any kind of hatred in my heart, and I'm just saying it like I feel it. I totally respect republicans and conservatives, I understand how they feel, I get the alienation part of it, I feel the same myself as a democrat. I refuse to engage in petty name calling. I just simply have my preferences when it comes to issues as I suspect you do too, and I honor your choices.

I may disagree but in the end I honor your choices. 

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well if that's how you feel I'm sorry to hear it. LOL.

I have a lot of friends and family that are conservative and these are people that I adore, so I don't let politics to get in the way of my relationships. I may have my opinions and I may state them, and sometimes my friends and I will discuss the differences but it's always with affection and respect. Hopefully I'm doing it without any kind of hatred in my heart, and I'm just saying it like I feel it. I totally respect republicans and conservatives, I understand how they feel, I get the alienation part of it, I feel the same myself as a democrat. I refuse to engage in petty name calling. I just simply have my preferences when it comes to issues as I suspect you do too, and I honor your choices.

I may disagree but in the end I honor your choices. 

Thanks for that. My statement was based on the general thinking of the left posting here, as the post prior to your last exemplifies, I did not mean you personally. You are generally a pretty thoughtful contributor. 

My apologies. 

• Thanks 1