Udon Thani Motorbike Accident Claims Life of 12-Year-Old, Injures Three Others

Georgealbert

“At 02:30 on July 28, Police Lieutenant Warintorn Sotawong, Deputy Inspector of Muang Udon Thani Police Station, received a report of a car collision with a motorcycle at the Phothisomphon Temple intersection in Mak Khaeng, Udon Thani Municipality, Udon Thani Province. The accident resulted in injuries and a fatality. Authorities, including the on-duty physician from Udon Thani Central Hospital and volunteers from the Udon Sawangmethatham Foundation, quickly arrived at the scene.

At the scene, near the temple sign, they found a white Honda PCX motorcycle severely damaged and lying on its side. Tragically, a 12-year-old boy, referred to as "A" (alias), was found deceased, lying on his back between the motorcycle's handlebars and seat. The boy had a broken neck, a head wound, and a collapsed chest. No identification documents were found on him. Three other passengers were injured:

1. Ms. B (alias), 15 years old, the driver.
2. Mr. C (alias), 15 years old, a passenger sitting behind the driver.
3. Boy D (alias), 14 years old, the last passenger.

All injured parties were taken to Udon Thani Central Hospital by an emergency medical unit before the police arrived. Approximately 100 meters away, they found a black Toyota sedan with severe front-end damage. Ms. F (alias), a 23-year-old from Kalasin Province, was the driver and stood by, visibly shaken, waiting to provide her statement to the police.

Ms. F recounted that she was returning from dinner with friends in the city. After parting ways, she was driving to drop off a friend in Ban Lueam, traveling on Phosri Road toward the Ban Lueam intersection. Upon reaching the intersection of Phothisomphon Temple and Phaoniom Road, which had flashing yellow traffic lights, a speeding motorcycle crossed her path. She was unable to brake in time and collided with the motorcycle.

Preliminary investigations confirmed that the intersection had flashing yellow lights on all four sides. Authorities will review CCTV footage from the scene and interview all involved parties to determine the cause of the accident before proceeding with further actions.”

https://workpointnews.com/around/news/NGGBFCF

IMG_3973.jpeg

IMG_3972.jpeg

• Sad 2

So many things wrong with this sad event.

RIP to the lad and I hope that the other victims recover OK - including the driver of the car.

She will probably remember this accident for the rest of her life.

• Agree 2

I drove by this around 2:45am Sun morning in a grab taxi. What I remember was how far down the street the car was. Had to have been a hell of a violent collision.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:28 AM, Tropicalevo said:

So many things wrong with this sad event.

RIP to the lad and I hope that the other victims recover OK - including the driver of the car.

She will probably remember this accident for the rest of her life.

Yes it could have a big impact on the driver even if it wasn't her fault. I was hit from behind when I was stopped in a queue of traffic in November 1994. Apart from back problems and the possibility I will suffer from arthritis early than normal it did affect my driving for some time afterwards. Whenever I slowed down to stop at the end of a queue or at traffic lights, I spent more time than normal checking my mirror to see if the vehicles behind me were going to stop.