It's time to put this Progressive Left-wing Conspiracy Theory to bed

connda

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thought Eric Trump said half his ear had been blown away......remarkable recovery....oh wait....might he have lied?

I can not believe that you would sink so low as to insinuate that any of  the trumps would lie.

I suggest you say 10 hail Marys . wash your mouth with soap, 

and not that Irish Spring soap crap either,  use real lye soap young man, and then go to your room and think of what you've done!! 

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

No, we established you were not SIS, my second guess was Ranger. 

British Army has only very recently raised a small unit which they have called Rangers. They exist to support the SAS, and are drawn largely from the Parachute Regiment.

Prior to that we had (still do have) a number of Commandos, who provided Artillery, Engineer and Logistical support to the Royal Marine Commando force.

I wasn't in them either.

Edited by herfiehandbag

36 minutes ago, novacova said:

It’s the object breaking the sound barrier, not the bullet passing overhead.

You’re beginning to catch on, 👍 

Which is precisely why the bullet is heard wizzing past before the sonic crack is heard.

Utterly ridiculous, the sound of the bullet zinging past the head will be heard before anything else about that shot, including ricocheting.

You either have no experience and trying to comprehend what you’re digging up on the internet or you never bothered to pay attention.

Yes, it most certainly was a bullet. Now get over it already.

Based on much experience in many years of service. Perhaps it is you that are digging around on the internet?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Okay, my bad. 

So, it was all staged? 

It is interesting that Trump was smart enough to stage the whole thing, but not smart enough to keep it bandaged or go with a bit of makeup 

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thought Eric Trump said half his ear had been blown away......remarkable recovery....oh wait....might he have lied?

That was a figure of speech, he didn't literally mean that half Trumps ear had been blown away 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I can not believe that you would sink so low as to insinuate that any of  the trumps would lie.

I suggest you say 10 hail Marys . wash your mouth with soap, 

and not that Irish Spring soap crap either,  use real lye soap young man, and then go to your room and think of what you've done!! 

Got barbed wire on my thigh and tightening the tourniquet as I type.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay, my bad. 

So, it was all staged? 

It is interesting that Trump was smart enough to stage the whole thing, but not smart enough to keep it bandaged or go with a bit of makeup 

I never said it was staged.....I thought he was remarkably lucky to avoid death or devastating injuries.

I wouldn't wish those on anyone.

10 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

British Army has only very recently raised a small unit which they have called Rangers. They exist to support the SAS, and are drawn largely from the Parachute Regiment.

Prior to that we had (still do have) a number of Commandos, who provided Artillery, Engineer and Logistical support to the Royal Marine Commando force.

I wasn't in them either.

I was talking about the Texas Rangers

1 minute ago, bubblegum said:

Trump is asking for all kinds of theories by not releasing and/or letting the doctors and nurses who treated him speak. As per usual NDA"s just like his school grades.

Like Biden's doctors then...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

What is heard when a bullet is discharged, first it is the wizzing sound of the bullet zinging past, second is the crack or the sonic wave of the bullet breaking the sound barrier right after the discharge, third is the boom of the discharged round.

When a high-velocity bullet passes by the ear, the first sound typically heard is the supersonic crack. This is because the bullet is traveling faster than the speed of sound, creating a shockwave that moves ahead of the bullet itself. Here’s a breakdown of the sequence of sounds:

1. Supersonic Crack:

This sharp, whip-like sound is the first thing heard. It is created by the shockwave produced as the bullet travels at supersonic speeds, breaking the sound barrier.

2. Whizzing or Whistling:

Immediately following the crack, you may hear the whizzing or whistling sound of the bullet itself as it passes by. This sound is caused by the turbulence and air displacement around the bullet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

When a high-velocity bullet passes by the ear, the first sound typically heard is the supersonic crack. This is because the bullet is traveling faster than the speed of sound, creating a shockwave that moves ahead of the bullet itself. Here’s a breakdown of the sequence of sounds:

1. Supersonic Crack:

This sharp, whip-like sound is the first thing heard. It is created by the shockwave produced as the bullet travels at supersonic speeds, breaking the sound barrier.

Immediately following the crack, you may hear the whizzing or whistling sound of the bullet itself as it passes by. This sound is caused by the turbulence and air displacement around the bullet.

"1. Supersonic Crack:

• This sharp, whip-like sound is the first thing heard. It is created by the shockwave produced as the bullet travels at supersonic speeds, breaking the sound barrier."

This is correct, but the bullet only breaks the sound barrier once, and that is as it exits the barrel. 

Once the bullet exits the barrel, it immediately starts slowing down. It is still travelling at supersonic speed, but it does not break the sound barrier a second time. It passes the sound barrier as it slows, but that passing does not makes any noise. 

The bullet nicked Trump's ear and apparently, did not do any significant damage. Why this is controversial is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

This is correct, but the bullet only breaks the sound barrier once, and that is as it exits the barrel. 

High-velocity bullets typically remain supersonic for distances ranging from several hundred yards to over a mile.

59 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Based on much experience in many years of service. Perhaps it is you that are digging around on the internet?

Your credibility is going down the toilet here, you either have no combat military training or substandard training. In cadet and survival training we were taught to keep our eyes and ears peeled, for one of the various reasons is knowing how crucial it is to respond swiftly when a bullet is heard when it’s wizzing by, because the crack-boom isn’t always heard due to being muffled. You do know that part right? 

14 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

High-velocity bullets typically remain supersonic for distances ranging from several hundred yards to over a mile.

Exactly, that is why I went on to say: "Once the bullet exits the barrel, it immediately starts slowing down. It is still travelling at supersonic speed, but it does not break the sound barrier a second time. It passes the sound barrier as it slows, but that passing does not makes any noise." 

Please think about it. It does not matter how far the bullet remains traveling at supersonic speed.

The bullet only breaks the sound barrier once, correct?

And the bullet will never be travelling faster than when it exits the barrel, correct? 

Once the bullet exits the barrel, all the forces acting on it are slowing it down. 

There were thousands of people with cameras, and there was no damaged monitor.  There was no reason for the bullet to fragment, and it is did fragment, the fragment would likely be travelling at the same speed as the bullet. The shock-pulse thing is ridiculous.

Again, the bullet nicked Trump's ear and apparently, did not do any significant damage. If it did not nick him, it had to be staged. Why is this even controversial?

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

Your credibility is going down the toilet here, you either have no combat military training or substandard training. In cadet and survival training we were taught to keep our eyes and ears peeled, for one of the various reasons is knowing how crucial it is to respond swiftly when a bullet is heard when it’s wizzing by, because the crack-boom isn’t always heard due to being muffled. You do know that part right? 

I grew up shooting in the US, most every kid on the street had a .22 and half of us a shotgun as well. We had rifle team at the high school, and you could pass the NRA hunter safety at the school. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

1. Supersonic Crack:

Okay, please try to focus here. The supersonic sound, the snap or crack is the object breaking the sound barrier/shockwave and the sound is behind the bullet. The bullet is traveling faster than the speed of sound. The sound of the supersonic object, the bullet emitting a whistling sound as its traveling and when arrives at its 150 yard destination before the snap/crack of the supersonic sound. Please comprehend, it’s really not that difficult. The speed of sound vs an object traveling at a supersonic speed.

Edited by novacova

55 minutes ago, novacova said:

28 years, 2 years RMAS, 26 years in the field army, retired as a senior major. Northern Ireland (3 tours),Former Yugoslavia (2 tours), Iraq twice, and you are lecturing me about credibility based on what you were taught in the cadets!

Yes, right, I think you have made your point!😀

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I grew up shooting in the US, most every kid on the street had a .22 and half of us a shotgun as well. We had rifle team at the high school, and you could pass the NRA hunter safety at the school. 

I'm guessing whatever you hunted didn't shoot back?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

It sounds better for the Trumpers if a bullet actually hit Trump's ear.

It's now two weeks since the assassination attempt. No guy his age would be sporting an apparently undamaged ear in that time with a bullet wound, guys that age don't heal that fast.

More likely it was a graze or flying debris. Occam's razor.

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm guessing whatever you hunted didn't shoot back?

I'm guessing you know less than you like to think. 

You claim that the crack does not occur when the bullet exits the barrel, but rather when it passes an object, so per your reasoning, a bullet fired parallel to a mile of power poles, it would sound like a machine gun. But it does not. 

Per that same reasoning, the shooter would not here the crack until after it passed an object, which is ridiculous. 

Finally, per your logic, a bullet fired into the air would not make the crack noise, because it does not pass anything until it slows down. 

2 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Trump is asking for all kinds of theories by not releasing and/or letting the doctors and nurses who treated him speak. 

How can that be true ?

Trump doesn't have the ability or power to stop nurses from speaking .

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It sounds better for the Trumpers if a bullet actually hit Trump's ear.

No, it sounds better to everyone else, that's why we have all the conspiracies that it did not. 

It's now two weeks since the assassination attempt. No guy his age would be sporting an apparently undamaged ear in that time with a bullet wound, guys that age don't heal that fast.

If the ear was not hit, and he was trying to fool people, why would he not just continue wearing a bandage? Please do not say because he is stupid. He is nothing if not a showman. 

More likely it was a graze or flying debris. Occam's razor.

Occam's razor, and the FBI both say the bullet nicked his ear. 

Where would flying debris come from? 

39 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm guessing you know less than you like to think. 

You claim that the crack does not occur when the bullet exits the barrel, but rather when it passes an object, so per your reasoning, a bullet fired parallel to a mile of power poles, it would sound like a machine gun. But it does not. 

Per that same reasoning, the shooter would not here the crack until after it passed an object, which is ridiculous. 

Finally, per your logic, a bullet fired into the air would not make the crack noise, because it does not pass anything until it slows down. 

The crack is audible to a person, if it passes close to him/her. It is nothing to do with any object.

The shooter does not hear the crack, as the bullet does not pass him/her.

One last time: when a bullet passes close to a person "down range" it produces a "crack". The "thump" is the sound made by the weapon being discharged. It is heard after the "crack", because the bullet is traveling faster than the speed of sound.

You really have no idea what you are talking about, especially when you start wittering on about picket fences or mile long stretches of power cable poles!

Enough, Endex!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

No, it sounds better to everyone else, that's why we have all the conspiracies that it did not. 

If the ear was not hit, and he was trying to fool people, why would he not just continue wearing a bandage? Please do not say because he is stupid. He is nothing if not a showman. 

Occam's razor, and the FBI both say the bullet nicked his ear. 

Where would flying debris come from? 

I used the word grazed. Nicked denotes a deeper penetration. At no point did I deny the ear was hit.

Don't be obtuse. He is surrounded by flags and posters,and is standing at a lectern. Crooks fired 8 shots, some of which did not hit people.Otherwise we would have 8 casualties, yes?

I am saying the extent of his injury was probably exaggerated, for his adoring sheeple.

Edited by Lacessit

On 7/29/2024 at 11:22 AM, Yellowtail said:

Is that not what I said? "The only real noise would be the round hitting the ear. The round passing through the air makes very little noise. Virtually all the noise from a firearm, is the combustion, and the crack of the round breaking the sound barrier as it exits the muzzle." 

The bullet only breaks the sound barrier once. Once the bullet exits the muzzle, it starts slowing down, it does not keep making noise until it hits something. 

The noise is (virtually) all at the shooter. The bullet, travelling faster than sound, hits the target before the target can hear it. The noise Trump heard, would have been about the same as anyone around him heard, except that Trump likely heard the thump of the impact on the ear. 

I will disagree with you on the bullet "does not keep making noise until it hits something".   The 5.56 travels at a supersonic speed for several hundred yards, I forget how far.  The shock wave (what ever you wish to call it) the supersonic bullet creates will make a cracking sound when it passes an object along its path.   

I have personally heard multiple cracks as a 5.56mm round passed multiple trees in a forest.   I have also heard the supersonic crack of 5.56mm rounds as they passed by me when I was shot at in Vietnam then heard the sound of the rifle being fired afterwards!!

This also applies to 7.62mm rounds that also travel at supersonic speed.   Having pulled targets during competition, being protected by earthen berms, and about 8 to 10 feet below targets, I have heard the supersonic crack as rounds pass over out to 600 yards from the muzzle of the rifles that fired them.   

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1