Thailand anticipates record 2.2 million Russian tourists in 2024

35 minutes ago, siddv said:

Vlad P  is not happy. He's having to pay $60K USD to sign up new recruits to fight his war. Its just a matter of time before we see Russian crimps combing the beaches in Thailand for Russian draft dodgers. Perhaps a reward system (bounty) implemented to Thai mafia for each draft dodger captured and sent to the front to fight for the Motherland!!

Why lie?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-07-23/moscow-offers-record-22-000-for-russians-to-fight-in-ukraine

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Not for you, you can team up with a few and talk about old times, eh.........:intheclub:

Russia is very nice - take a look at Moscow 2024!

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Why is it bad news?

Because some drink and make noise all night while you are trying to sleep. Can't close a door without slamming it in the middle of the night. General low class leery behaviour. Sitting around in the common areas eating and drinking. Some can be well mannered but that is apparently unusual.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Because some drink and make noise all night while you are trying to sleep. Can't close a door without slamming it in the middle of the night. General low class leery behaviour. Sitting around in the common areas eating and drinking. Some can be well mannered but that is apparently unusual.

I have never come across this before - I guess it depends on the area?  We need to be careful of stereotyping - aren't common areas designed for sitting around eating and drinking?  I have had extensive experience with Russians (in Russia) and have found them polite, warm and friendly. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This is great. Russians are much less annoying than Brits and speak better English. They don't bother you with phony smiles. Germans, now, have ALWAYS been aloof and never walked around with goofy smiles on their faces. And that was never any cause for complaint by ANF posters. I dunno why anybody objects to Russians doing the same.

The best thing is all those Russian hotties coming to the beaches in their thongs. Looking forward to my beach walks again, as far fewer are out there now. OH--to preempt the usual rejoinder, where there's a fat momma, look for the daughter!

Bring 'em on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

No, thank you.........🙄

Awwww, you might learn something - it's a wonderful place full of beautiful architecture, full of shops with a wonderful cafe and bar society. Taking a look at a neutral video won't hurt you - don't be afraid.

• Sad 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Awwww, you might learn something - it's a wonderful place full of beautiful architecture, full of shops with a wonderful cafe and bar society. Taking a look at a neutral video won't hurt you - don't be afraid.

I have been to many countries, I went to countries I wanted to go to, not like you, following your ideology........😬

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I have been to many countries, I went to countries I wanted to go to, not like you, following your ideology........😬

Now, now... I have been to 40 countries, including the USA 10 times, India 22 times, France, Germany, Estonia, Latvia, Belorussia, Germany, the Philippines 53 times and many, MANY more!  and, of course, Russia (17 times).

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Aeroflot and S7, two major Russian flag carriers, currently operate over 40 flights per week to Bangkok and Phuket. The Thai tourism authority is in ongoing discussions with airlines and tourism operators to boost both scheduled and chartered flights in the final quarter to meet the peak season demand from Russian tourists.

With the pressure of such high volume international transport of Russian commercial aircraft, there is a growing danger of aircraft inflight failure and possible deaths due to sanctions blocking the repair and maintenance of Western aircraft operated by Russia.

Russian Airline safety incidents more than doubled year on year as sanctions limited spare parts.

“EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) is seriously concerned about the safety situation of aviation in Russia, including safety critical related matters such as how aircraft are maintained or how the pilots and the maintenance staff are trained,” Feb. 2024, "Russia’s planes fall apart as West blocks repairs,"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/02/12/russias-planes-fall-apart-western-sanctions-airline-repairs/

With Russian airlines cannibalizing commercial aircraft to keep the fleets running, I don't see how many more Russians (whether as tourists, escaping collapsing economy or avoiding military conscription) can fly out of Russia with less aircraft.

some 10+ years ago (more I think) McFaul wrote a book about his endeavors as an US Ambassador in Moscow. The book became total flop and to prevent it to go "all for $0.99" he pushed some "anti-russia hysteria" on twitter. It didn't help with his cr*ppy stories, but at least resulted in that banner above.

I don't feel threatened by Russians, some are funny some are not, got nothing to do with them: big county, oil, nukes, vodka, pirogy.

No problem with Russian quality Tourists coming to Thailand 

And spending or investing their money in Phuket or Pattaya

Please not to many in Hua Hin  as I enjoy my holidays there nice and quite 😊 

Glad to see that more and more Z-tourists visit Thailand every year. Hope it will be 3M next year.
I hope Thailand will give 90 days for Z-tourists in the entry stamp again.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

some 10+ years ago (more I think) McFaul wrote a book about his endeavors as an US Ambassador in Moscow. The book became total flop and to prevent it to go "all for $0.99" he pushed some "anti-russia hysteria" on twitter. It didn't help with his cr*ppy stories, but at least resulted in that banner above.

I don't feel threatened by Russians, some are funny some are not, got nothing to do with them: big county, oil, nukes, vodka, pirogy.

I had to look up 'Pirogy' lol

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

With the pressure of such high volume international transport of Russian commercial aircraft, there is a growing danger of aircraft inflight failure and possible deaths due to sanctions blocking the repair and maintenance of Western aircraft operated by Russia.

Russian Airline safety incidents more than doubled year on year as sanctions limited spare parts.

“EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) is seriously concerned about the safety situation of aviation in Russia, including safety critical related matters such as how aircraft are maintained or how the pilots and the maintenance staff are trained,” Feb. 2024, "Russia’s planes fall apart as West blocks repairs,"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/02/12/russias-planes-fall-apart-western-sanctions-airline-repairs/

With Russian airlines cannibalizing commercial aircraft to keep the fleets running, I don't see how many more Russians (whether as tourists, escaping collapsing economy or avoiding military conscription) can fly out of Russia with less aircraft.

ummm

You mean like all the Boeing failures lately?

"Anticipates"  a record 2.2 million arrivals next year, buoyed by a new 60-day visa-free scheme. However, a shortage of aircraft in Russian airlines poses a challenge, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

In 2025, TAT aims for a 7.5% increase in revenue, targeting 39 million foreign tourists and 205 million domestic trips.

Funny how the words "anticipates",  "aims for",  "targeting",   "record" and "39 million" all seem to go hand in hand with Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Doesn't it give you that lovely warm feeling inside?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

I have never come across this before - I guess it depends on the area?  We need to be careful of stereotyping - aren't common areas designed for sitting around eating and drinking?  I have had extensive experience with Russians (in Russia) and have found them polite, warm and friendly. 

You russian by any chance? They are even worse than the chinese and that is saying something. 🙈

2 minutes ago, Reddavy said:

You russian by any chance? They are even worse than the chinese and that is saying something. 🙈

I am from London but have had lots of travel and experience with Russians. Maybe the tourists here are from the low end - but any country is the same, I think.

3 minutes ago, Reddavy said:

He's a Putin fanboy.........🤕

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

I am from London but have had lots of travel and experience with Russians. Maybe the tourists here are from the low end - but any country is the same, I think.

Hey, they talk about Russians like some unter-mensch, under-humans. My neighbor from Belgium and he is the real racist - the way he talks about Americans and Canadians is very rude and obscene. Based on his experience I guess. 

But what experience those couch-gurus had with Russians? Rambo and cheap-a$$ thrillers of 80-s? Somebody lost money? Bad Investment? Spent time in their prison? Nothing, just need some enemy to hate and feel superior: "Fookin Ruskies!" Ok. good for you. Feel better now? image.jpeg.5419ddfc070093213b9a39b0c09155da.jpeg

I'm free from this sh*t.

2 hours ago, siddv said:

Vlad P  is not happy. He's having to pay $60K USD to sign up new recruits to fight his war. Its just a matter of time before we see Russian crimps combing the beaches in Thailand for Russian draft dodgers. Perhaps a reward system (bounty) implemented to Thai mafia for each draft dodger captured and sent to the front to fight for the Motherland!!

These Russian tourists are not "draft dodgers". The Russians being drafted are marginalized Russians from poorer communities who don't have the financial capability to travel internationally on long vacations.

Calling Russians "draft dodgers" is the height of ignorance when you're hiding behind your keyboard. The latest figures I got from a Russian tourist a few days ago was 400,000 Russian soldiers dead since February 2022.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1