GPS Bangkok to Kanchanaburi and back

msbkk

1 hour ago, PFMills said:

Go via Bang Len.

Thanks. I managed my trip by driving far past the closed motorway and restartet GPS. At that point GPS showed another route to choose from. Without restarting it would be impossible

to get out of that maze. There are several narrow unfinished and not even paved roads in that area.

Been there, done that, caught in the same loop!

Best advice, delivered in a strong Irish accent:-

"Beejabers, sure an' if I was after going to there, I surely wouldn't be after starting from here!!"

th-3934245608.jpg.2a56534a9b08f306a098dc36a8a52d1e.jpg

Edited by Grusa
fomatting

22 hours ago, msbkk said:

Be careful if driving from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi or opposite way by using Google GPS

That's a good heads-up about using Google Maps anywhere in Thailand, even in walking mode. 

It tried to send me walking up the wrong side of the freeway around Lad Phrao in Bangkok.  I was trying to get from the BTS to the PTTEP complex.

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's a good heads-up about using Google Maps anywhere in Thailand, even in walking mode. 

It tried to send me walking up the wrong side of the freeway around Lad Phrao in Bangkok.  I was trying to get from the BTS to the PTTEP complex.

Try using Petal Maps. IMHO it often gives better routes than Google, and it is interactive if you want, so updates faster and reports speed cameras, blockages, accidents. The voice directions are much clearer, and the junctions better illustrated.

• Like 1