Bad news for Harris, unemployment rises

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I couldn't agree more, with Harris we have the risk of continuing a democratic system, no drama to entertain us, and most of all the risk of not getting tired of winning. 

The thing I loved the most during the trump administration was how tired I was from winning. His Health care plan was incredible!! The middle east was solved , Many of his administration even managed not to go to jail. 

Wars

Open borders

Inflation

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, gargamon said:

The rise in unemployment is a good thing. The stock market has been waiting for it. The fed will now need to drop interest rates which will, as soon as it happens, cause a huge increase in the markets, greatly surpassing the recent decline.

Wrong. The markets are bearish. Tech stocks are all overpriced. A 20% fall is likely.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, TedG said:

Harris showed the value of the democratic system for selecting candidates. 

Like the democratic system they used to dump joe after he was selected by the democratic voters in the primaries... right... either you don't follow what is going on in your own party or you are stupid... your choice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Wrong. The markets are bearish. Tech stocks are all overpriced. A 20% fall is likely.

Those corrections are good for the market, unless you're a short term investor. Long term investors know they happen regularly. I was fully invested through black friday, the dot com bubble, Bush's housing crises, etc and still have an average return of around 12% excluding dividends over a 40 year time frame. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

Those corrections are good for the market, unless you're a short term investor. Long term investors know they happen regularly. I was fully invested through black friday, the dot com bubble, Bush's housing crises, etc and still have an average return of around 12% excluding dividends over a 40 year time frame. 

I agree. A 20% fall would be good.

• Haha 1

These Trump supporters jumping on the inflation bandwagon crack me up. Let's look at how Trump is proposing to solve this problem, shall we?

Increasing fossil fuel production? By pulling out of climate change accords? By putting the brakes on green energy initiatives? You don't think climate change is having an impact on inflation and standards of living? (insurance rates, food production costs, construction costs, condo special assessments, uninsured flood losses, etc.) LOL.

By cutting taxes (like Trump did back in 2017)? This was fiscally irresponsible and resulted in the deficit ballooning and because spending wasn't cut to offset the reduced revenue, this contributed to inflationary pressures.

By cutting immigration? You don't think immigrant labor has a dampening effect on wage growth, which contributes to inflation? 

By slashing entitlement programs like SS and Medicare? Deficit spending is probably the biggest contributor to inflation as it pumps borrowed money into the economy, increasing demand for goods and services. Slashing entitlement programs would undoubtably cure the inflation problem, but at whose expense? Let me give you a hint. Anyone who is heavily reliant on these programs for maintaining their standard of living, i.e., the typical ASEANNOW forum member, that's who. LOL. 

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I do not understand.

These risks that others understand are over-rated.

Harris is the riskier candidate.

The risk to the left is that Trump could possibly stop the leftward slide of the US. 

That's all they really care about. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Wars

Open borders

Inflation

Oh yea ,Thank you for reminding me ,  I forgot about the wall, it was a very nice wall. In Chicken Don's words. "It will be a wonderful wall" 

And good thing he had control of both of the house and senate for the first two years and was able to build this beauty full wall.

But for some  reason the bad Immigration (Illegal), that you don't like)  did not go down during the trump administration. but to his credit he was able to reduce the good immigration (legal, that you like )

Conservative CATO institute: " President Trump Reduced Legal Immigration. He Did Not Reduce Illegal Immigration "

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-reduced-legal-immigration-he-did-not-reduce-illegal-immigration

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2024 at 7:25 AM, susanlea said:

Obviously Biden is sleeping while Harris is busy dancing and giggling. Great people not.

While Trump is still grifting off his MAGA cult ,

regards worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Trump had 2% Inflation

Only because that was what inflation was when he took office, not because of anything Trump did. Biden's soft landing avoiding the recession the repugs were predicting, and inflation now down to around 3% shows the best performance of any economy in the g20.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Only because that was what inflation was when he took office, not because of anything Trump did. Biden's soft landing avoiding the recession the repugs were predicting, and inflation now down to around 3% shows the best performance of any economy in the g20.

Easily proven wrong

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate?continent=g20

14 countries in g20 lower inflation than USA

Edited by susanlea

13 minutes ago, susanlea said:

More deflection

El Deflecto

You are the one who mentioned Immigration. How am I deflecting.?

Oh I get it to trumpsters, answering their question with facts and links is considered deflecting.

Ok Ok. can we at least agree on one thing?

You boy Chicken Don, does have a whiny , annoying voice? I mean you guys hear that, right? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You are the one who mentioned Immigration. How am I deflecting.?

Oh I get it to trumpsters, answering their question with facts and links is considered deflecting.

Ok Ok. can we at least agree on one thing?

You boy Chicken Don, does have a whiny , annoying voice? I mean you guys hear that, right? 

Deflecto

12 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Obama left office with 4.7% unemployment. Trump got it down to 3.5%. 

Trump was the best leader since Reagan.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, gargamon said:

No one is arguing that allowing millions of illegal aliens to flood in every year is not good for the economy and the rich, it is. 

The argument is that it is bad for the working poor, middle class and civil society. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Ok liberal. Whatever you say. Enjoy right wing Isaan.

Its not about what I said. its about what you said, and I was respectful enough to unswere. with a quote and a link. 

In case you forgot . 

"Open borders "  was that you or was it someone else?