Laptop suggestions for trading???

Good day all! Could I get some suggestions on a laptop (Windows) purchase specifically for trading? I'm in Chiang Mai and preferably would like to purchase at a brick & mortar shop should there be any issues after purchase; however, I'd buy online also if it's a reputable store that would stand behind what they sell. Although rare, I've been burned buying through Shopee, and disappointed a few times from Lazada.

I trade in the US markets and use a couple different platforms (demanding performance). With a few windows open my current laptop is far to slow, even with a ram & hard-drive upgrade. Technology has come a long way.

I would love a desk-top but occasionally am on the road so the mobility thing is significant.

I'll post on the computer forum also, if there is one. Thank you for any suggestions!

I picked up this one a couple of months back :

image.png.a90bd75c73e202ceb45b3f08c0d37572.png

image.png.8bd6b471078cb0c0944c6292f12c927e.png

From memory I think it cost about 90k Baht - it's a decent laptop - it's fast, can run anything and everything I want and all at the same time - no problems.

You get what you pay for - I highlighted the important bits in green.....

• Thanks 1

Now that's a beast! I've been poking around and believe InvadeIT has that model. I'll check with some brick & mortar shops up here, which I'd rather make a purchase like that from.

Thank you for the heads up Ukrules.

All the nonsense with heavy ass computers bla bla, if you just have good trading setups, it is really not about the 200 mili seconds. I run on a macbook air, a faster computer is pointless too as it would not improve the latency, you would need a remote computer back home or a virtual one in a datacenter to address that.

A M1 macbook air, not even the latest version available, can already run 2 ultra wide monitors without any issues. No problem to run Windows or dual boot on that too, but doubt you even would want or need it, once being used to Mac. Even like software as ctrader is available for Mac nowadays too.

Edited by BakedPanda
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 7:42 AM, Phedba said:

I'm in Chiang Mai and preferably would like to purchase at a brick & mortar shop should there be any issues after purchase;

Siam tv or Jib computer shop. Both have large selection.
Do your own research and don’t be swayed by pitch product sellers on this forum 

• Thanks 1