Import to Thailand with Thai Post very slow?

I am waiting for a parcel which was sent from Poland.

According to the tracking it left Poland on the 24th July and that is the last tracking entry, almost 2 weeks ago.

Is that normal now?

As far as I know now every parcel, independent from the size and value, should be taxed in Thailand. Is that maybe a reason for this delay?

The good news is I don't need this urgently. But obviously it would be good to know what is happening.

Does anybody else here have similar experience? 

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am waiting for a parcel which was sent from Poland.

According to the tracking it left Poland on the 24th July and that is the last tracking entry, almost 2 weeks ago.

Is that normal now?

As far as I know now every parcel, independent from the size and value, should be taxed in Thailand. Is that maybe a reason for this delay?

The good news is I don't need this urgently. But obviously it would be good to know what is happening.

Does anybody else here have similar experience? 

Yes, it's all about taxes. Takes double time. And you have to pay first before you'll get your parcel

• Confused 1

If it was sent EMS, (or the Polish equivalent service) the tracking data will show when it reaches Thailand and track it through customs. If there's too much tax to be paid, or customs want to inspect the goods to determine how much tax is due, you'll have to go to your nearest Customs House to collect it and pay the duty. When sending stuff  to Thailand via post I have sometimes experienced long delays before the item is actually shipped out of the country. Tracking normally records when the item leaves the country of origin and if you've had no update on your tracking info my guess would be the item is sitting in a warehouse waiting until the next shipment is ready for export.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments.

I know little about the shipping. This is a parcel from a Kickstarter project from a YouTuber.

As far as I remember, I selected the cheapest shipping option, because I don't need this urgently.

But until now, when I received anything from anywhere with the Thai Post, I don't remember that it was ever more than a week before I saw any shipping updates once it was on its way.

I guess I will wait another week and if I don't see any updates then I will look what I can do about that.

Here is what I see today:

Tracking.png.67b0a41a1304df5109d11f4ab3a0205e.png

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Yes, it's all about taxes. Takes double time. And you have to pay first before you'll get your parcel

It has nothing to do with taxes yet. His parcel has left Poland but has yet to arrive in Thailand. Registered mail does not show the whole trip on the tracking site, just the departure country stages and the destination country stages.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

It has nothing to do with taxes yet. His parcel has left Poland but has yet to arrive in Thailand. Registered mail does not show the whole trip on the tracking site, just the departure country stages and the destination country stages.

It has to do with taxes, indeed. Thai Post check the content and write an invoice. Probably you don't know that

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

It has to do with taxes, indeed. Thai Post check the content and write an invoice. Probably you don't know that

The package has not arrived in Thailand yet it is between the origin and destination countries. How can Thai Customs, not Thai Post, check the contents before it arrives in Thailand? Once it arrives in Thailand then you can start blaming Thai Customs and Thai Post for any delays.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The package has not arrived in Thailand yet it is between the origin and destination countries. How can Thai Customs, not Thai Post, check the contents before it arrives in Thailand? Once it arrives in Thailand then you can start blaming Thai Customs and Thai Post for any delays.

Who is "blaming' anybody? Weird😳

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Who is "blaming' anybody? Weird😳

You are blaming taxes for the slow delivery. You are claiming Thai Post check the contents and write an invoice when Thai Customs are the ones that check and decide on any taxes imposed. You are also ignoring the fact that none of that can cause any delay until the item arrives in Thailand. You are wrong on every claim you make.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, alanrchase said:

You are blaming taxes for the slow delivery. You are claiming Thai Post check the contents and write an invoice when Thai Customs are the ones that check and decide on any taxes imposed. You are also ignoring the fact that none of that can cause any delay until the item arrives in Thailand. You are wrong on every claim you make.

I guess, you need help. End off.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:19 AM, newbee2022 said:

Is it?  I ordered an item from China using Temu on 2nd August which was delivered in Bangkok, with no additional VAT, on the 6th August.  That's about half the usual time with no tax.

Edited by Liverpool Lou