Wise Transfer change problem

Hi, has anyone else had transfers taking almost a week? I've been using Wise for a few years and it always took seconds. Now they tell me it will take 6 days. Their website says at the most it would take 2 days to transfer money. What could be the hold up? Are there any other fast money transfer companies out there that you use?

• Thumbs Up 1

Iโ€™ve literally just done a transfer and it took 7 seconds. I generally only transfer once a month and have never had any problems. I transfer from UK. Not sure why thereโ€™s a hold up for you. Other companies try looking at Dee money or Revolut.

Edited by Utalk2mutt
Didnโ€™t answer the question
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 10:33 AM, treetops said:

Lots of Wise delays reported recently in other threads.ย  Are you sending from North America?

Yes. Same transfer every month. Same amount. Been 4 days. Nothing yet.

On 8/5/2024 at 11:33 AM, Utalk2mutt said:

Iโ€™ve literally just done a transfer and it took 7 seconds. I generally only transfer once a month and have never had any problems. I transfer from UK. Not sure why thereโ€™s a hold up for you. Other companies try looking at Dee money or Revolut.

Yeah. I make the same transfer each month for years. Always in seconds. Now 4 days and nothing sent.

On 8/6/2024 at 4:19 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you've triggered money laundering checks

ย 

Certainly money laundering checks do now appear to be the general norm as regards USD transfers at least, based on the following statement included in Wise's latest Quarterly Mission Statement:

ย 

Fewer transfers from USD were instant this quarter because we've updated our security measures to avoid speeding up transfers which could be fraudulent. However, this has caught more transfers, which reduced the total number being processed instantly.

ย 

https://wise.com/gb/blog/q2-2024-mission-update-speed

ย 

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

I looked at the Dee money reviews. Most are bad. If it happens again, I'll just cancel the transfer and go back to bank to bank transfers.

Sorry about that I do confess to not looking at the reviews in this case. I donโ€™t use either Dee money or Revolut I just know they are similar to wise. My apologies Farmer Joe.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

Yes. Same transfer every month. Same amount. Been 4 days. Nothing yet.

ย 

I don't know how you get your money to Wise, but it's been mentioned before that pushing it rather than Wise pulling it may get you back to where you were before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Utalk2mutt said:

Sorry about that I do confess to not looking at the reviews in this case. I donโ€™t use either Dee money or Revolut I just know they are similar to wise. My apologies Farmer Joe.

I thought Dee was for THB to GBP transfers. And Revolut transfers do not show as International if you need that for Immigration Extension purposes. As I said in another post, I did Bht 35k on Monday, arrived, as usual, at 14.05pm Tuesday as International

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, treetops said:

ย 

I don't know how you get your money to Wise, but it's been mentioned before that pushing it rather than Wise pulling it may get you back to where you were before.

Pushing versus pulling?ย  Am I correct in assuming that " "pushing" relates to sending the money to wise, as opposed to " pulling" is where you arrange a transfer first with wise, and then send from your bank to wise?

If so, that would explain my latest delay, where I "pushed" money to wise, and it arrived a day later than usual and was held up by Bkk bank.

First time in all the years I have been using wise.

ย 

Thank you

Edited by Raindancer

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Pushing versus pulling?ย  Am I correct in assuming that " "pushing" relates to sending the money to wise, as opposed to " pulling" is where you arrange a transfer first with wise, and then send from your bank to wise?

If so, that would explain my latest delay, where I "pushed" money to wise, and it arrived a day later than usual and was held up by Bkk bank.

ย 

Thank you

Cancel my last.ย  ย Clarification received on push and pull terminology.

On 8/5/2024 at 9:41 PM, FarmerJoe said:

Hi, has anyone else had transfers taking almost a week? I've been using Wise for a few years and it always took seconds. Now they tell me it will take 6 days. Their website says at the most it would take 2 days to transfer money. What could be the hold up? Are there any other fast money transfer companies out there that you use?

Which country are you transferring from? If it's the US or Canada perhaps you should read Wise's Q2 Mission update. See link below.

ย 

https://wise.com/gb/blog/q2-2024-mission-update-speed

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I thought Dee was for THB to GBP transfers. And Revolut transfers do not show as International if you need that for Immigration Extension purposes. As I said in another post, I did Bht 35k on Monday, arrived, as usual, at 14.05pm Tuesday as International

If thatโ€™s the case with Dee money and Revolut then neither are really any good KannikaP. Like you I havenโ€™t had any problems with wise really but it appears that some people are. Iโ€™ve seen a couple of threads lately with people having concerns about wise.

4 hours ago, Raindancer said:

ย 

Thank you

I always push and it just took seconds. not now though.